The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum MOTOSPORT  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > OFF TOPIC > Human Relationships - Marriage, Dating, the Single Life
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Human Relationships - Marriage, Dating, the Single Life This is where you can discuss human relations topicsthat are important to you. Please keep the discussion intelligent and remember EVERYONE has their own opinion.

DO NOT LET YOUR DISCUSSIONS HERE BLEED INTO THE OPEN FORUMS!!!

Members Birthdays
jdhickm (79), Chip (66), Chief4x4 (64), willyobiker (62), CBryant (61), XLCH69 (58), sage (55), VettesRule (52), jerseyjeff (52), TheExecutioner (49), SalTheWop (49), manic_mechanic, pauldmedic16 (40), BluegrassXL (36), Superman
DK Customs
Bison Motorsports
Burly
Get Lowered

Speedway Instruments

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd August 2011
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200 R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
XLXR has much to be proud ofXLXR has much to be proud ofXLXR has much to be proud ofXLXR has much to be proud ofXLXR has much to be proud ofXLXR has much to be proud ofXLXR has much to be proud ofXLXR has much to be proud ofXLXR has much to be proud ofXLXR has much to be proud ofXLXR has much to be proud of
Default Send help, deep in the dog house!

I reached for the lid of the cookie jar. A porcelain lid. I dropped it on the porcelain sink. The lid broke in two, and the sink ended up with a big chip in it. My wife was standing on the other side of the kitchen and saw the whole thing. I never knew it was her favorite cookie jar lid and never thought to think a sink with a chip in it was any sort of problem.

Please help, I'll be deep in the dog house for a long, long while.

This is gonna cost me.
Ricor test rider for IAS Shocks, Intiminators and Vibranators. Works Dual Rate fork springs, fork brace, Avon Venom X tires, loosen drive belt, and set frame rails level to floor. Read the "7 Pages of Suspension" thread in the Suspension Sticky Index to learn how to fix your suspension.
Old 2nd August 2011
Banned

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
AsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond repute

I suggest you go read the 7 pages of suspension!

Old 2nd August 2011
Senior Chief Know It All 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2000
tensejed is a glorious beacon of lighttensejed is a glorious beacon of lighttensejed is a glorious beacon of lighttensejed is a glorious beacon of lighttensejed is a glorious beacon of lighttensejed is a glorious beacon of lighttensejed is a glorious beacon of lighttensejed is a glorious beacon of lighttensejed is a glorious beacon of lighttensejed is a glorious beacon of lighttensejed is a glorious beacon of light

being married 20 years my advise would be, go to lowes pick out a new sink and since were doing that, a new faucet as well. timidly say i bet theres cool cookie jars at the consingment store around. then give her a blank check or card then pray you dont need a second mortgage or a lawyer
Old 2nd August 2011

XLXR has much to be proud ofXLXR has much to be proud ofXLXR has much to be proud ofXLXR has much to be proud ofXLXR has much to be proud ofXLXR has much to be proud ofXLXR has much to be proud ofXLXR has much to be proud ofXLXR has much to be proud ofXLXR has much to be proud ofXLXR has much to be proud of

Oh no, things just got worse. While I was in the garage, gluing the lid back together, she cut her finger on a piece of porcelain I didn't see in the sink when I cleaned it up.

I don't think I'm going to get a good night's sleep tonight.
Old 2nd August 2011

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200 R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Buell Uly (sold)
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2009
Other Motorcycle Model: 2010 Ural Patrol(sold)
Phaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond repute

what she going to do when something really bad happens?
Know Thy Hog

Old 2nd August 2011

Quote:
I suggest you go read the 7 pages of suspension!
Yea, you're a big help. There is no time for that. I need better ideas, please!

Quote:
go to lowes pick out a new sink and since were doing that, a new faucet as well.
She's gonna get herself a whole new kitchen, and send me the bill.

Quote:
what she going to do when something really bad happens?
What do you mean "when?" Go back and read my first post, something really bad has already happened.
Old 2nd August 2011
Senior Chief Know It All 2nd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200c
Sportster/Buell Year: 08
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Xlh
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 77
dr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud of

If my wife got that upset at me over a simple mistake I would not stay married for long.
Old 2nd August 2011
Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
Other Motorcycle Model: Heritage Softtail Classic
Other Motorcycle Year: 2007
psychodad1961 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychodad1961 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychodad1961 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychodad1961 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychodad1961 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychodad1961 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychodad1961 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychodad1961 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychodad1961 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychodad1961 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychodad1961 is a glorious beacon of light

You could try calling a bathtub reglazer to see if you can get the chip on the sink repaired. As for the cookie jar lid, you are on your own.
Old 2nd August 2011
Senior Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 96
Other Motorcycle Model: Suzuki DR 650
Other Motorcycle Year: 94
SportsterBart has disabled reputation

This is why I'll die a bachelor
Old 2nd August 2011
XL FORUM LIFE MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 04
~Grind~ has disabled reputation

I did almost the exact same thing recently. I too was a little put back by her reaction. Actually I couldn't believe she got that pissed. Which kind of got me pissed. But what the hell, it was a frigging accident and she got over it.... Had no choice really...
Know Thy Hog