The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Energy One Clutches  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Intake and Exhaust > Sportster Motorcycle Air intake, Carburetor, EFI, Fuel, and Exhaust
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Air intake, Carburetor, EFI, Fuel, and Exhaust Problems, advice and/or how tos for Sporster and Buell motorcycle carburators, Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI), Air Intake, Fuel and Exhaust.

Members Birthdays
hawkeye (66), Rigpa (46), petersca (35)
Superbrace.com
Energy One Clutches
Energy One Clutches
Motor Stage

RYCA Motors

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th June 2012
Flat Track Racer

Sportster/Buell Model: Nightster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
T^2 is just really niceT^2 is just really niceT^2 is just really niceT^2 is just really niceT^2 is just really niceT^2 is just really niceT^2 is just really niceT^2 is just really niceT^2 is just really niceT^2 is just really niceT^2 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonSarratt View Post
Yes the pv doesn't calculate the auto tune correctly internally...but the 2 files together work perfect in log tuner and when I'm tuning a bike long distance its nice to see what the starting ve is that goes along with the log...this way I won't be altering a tune based on mixed up logs and ve tables cause they are ladled and emailed as a matched set

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
So... Basically, the answer to your original question is - your friends are not producing .pvv files in their PV because they are not using the beta...?
Old 17th June 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: Turbo XL Sidecar
JasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud of

He has the beta software and the unlock code...

Those who can see the pvv, I don't remember if I had to enable a setting somewhere to make things visible or not... Do you remember doing anything other than using the 1 unlock code? I use 4 different tuners for work and can't remember what secret code works with which beta package on which tuner... To many platforms to test and learn, they all start blending together.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
Old 17th June 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: Turbo XL Sidecar
JasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud of

Ok, looks like to get the extra functions in the beta it isn't just what the PV shows you but you have to take a apply the changes to each tune in you saved cue one at a time by entering the secret code... the turbo customer applied the beta changes to his original tune (stock saved ecu) but didn't apply them to the turbo bike tune which is why the extra functions and such weren't being applied on his end for logging purposes. So now we are recollecting data to see if this fixes it...

So if this works and you have 3 different tunes you use you have to use the beta code to apply changes to each tune seperately because any tune or eeprom file that the changes haven't been applied to directly won't show you the extra data or files
Old 18th June 2012
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200X "48"
Sportster/Buell Year: 2010
Hutch08 is a glorious beacon of lightHutch08 is a glorious beacon of lightHutch08 is a glorious beacon of lightHutch08 is a glorious beacon of lightHutch08 is a glorious beacon of lightHutch08 is a glorious beacon of lightHutch08 is a glorious beacon of lightHutch08 is a glorious beacon of lightHutch08 is a glorious beacon of lightHutch08 is a glorious beacon of lightHutch08 is a glorious beacon of light

Ok went for another quick ride just to trial and error... same set-up, engine at operating temp, didnt change the signals, went to display screen... start log!

Heres the results, (X=TpPV; Y=MapPV; Z=FrontO2V/RearO2V)

I think I have success, does that look right? I still have Z axis set to average, should it be set to min for this function?
Old 18th June 2012
Flat Track Racer

T^2 is just really niceT^2 is just really niceT^2 is just really niceT^2 is just really niceT^2 is just really niceT^2 is just really niceT^2 is just really niceT^2 is just really niceT^2 is just really niceT^2 is just really niceT^2 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutch08 View Post
Ok went for another quick ride just to trial and error... same set-up, engine at operating temp, didnt change the signals, went to display screen... start log!

I think I have success, does that look right? I still have Z axis set to average, should it be set to min for this function?
Your Y-Axis should be RpmPV. Correct. Re-post.
Know Thy Hog

Old 18th June 2012
Flat Track Racer

Quote:

Also, based on your last posted phase 1 plot, I would have given Calc Tune a few more cracks at phase 1 logging sessions. There was enough Red left in those plots to motivate me to keep going. Opinions vary...

Other thoughts... How big are your log files? Are you logging enough data? Are you getting enough coverage of the map (for example - 1000 to 2000 RPM range)?
Old 18th June 2012
Chief Harley Engineer

Hutch08 is a glorious beacon of lightHutch08 is a glorious beacon of lightHutch08 is a glorious beacon of lightHutch08 is a glorious beacon of lightHutch08 is a glorious beacon of lightHutch08 is a glorious beacon of lightHutch08 is a glorious beacon of lightHutch08 is a glorious beacon of lightHutch08 is a glorious beacon of lightHutch08 is a glorious beacon of lightHutch08 is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah, I agree it still needs some more time in phase 1 before I start making changes in phase 2... I was just curious on how I had to set things up when I am ready to start making changes. I'm also very curious to "see" how things are moving along.. haha...

Before I get too serious, I'll switch my AFR table back to the 14.6's and try a few more logs.

Heres the 02 plot, with TPxRPMxO2:

BTW that was a pretty short log, probably only 10-15mins of riding.
Old 18th June 2012
Flat Track Racer

Quote:
Yeah, I agree it still needs some more time in phase 1 before I start making changes in phase 2... I was just curious on how I had to set things up when I am ready to start making changes. I'm also very curious to "see" how things are moving along.. haha...

Before I get too serious, I'll switch my AFR table back to the 14.6's and try a few more logs.

Heres the 02 plot, with TPxRPMxO2:

BTW that was a pretty short log, probably only 10-15mins of riding.
That looks more like it. I would limit you Y Axis (RpmPV) to ~ 4200 in MLV. It should have already been set to that in WB PowerVision.settings file. Not much data above that point. Reducing the max to 4200 will spread the plot out so it can be seen better.

Most folks - if memory serves - were logging anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour. Log file sizes were in the range of 10Mb. Try to cover as much of the operating range as possible. Also, you are following the other various tips and recommendations (ie. waiting until the the engine is up to normal operating temps before logging etc.)?

How many actual good/valid logging sessions have you done so far? 3 or 4? Others - when they were doing it manually (did not have the luxury of a functioning Calc Tune) - did a lot of logging sessions and manual adjustments of the VE tables before they got dialed in. I'd at least do a few more "good" sessions and see if Calc Tune is able to make any further worthwhile improvements in your results.

You are saving your tune files for each session so that you can revert back to a previous file if necessary?
Old 18th June 2012
Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
CanuckSporty is a jewel in the roughCanuckSporty is a jewel in the roughCanuckSporty is a jewel in the roughCanuckSporty is a jewel in the roughCanuckSporty is a jewel in the roughCanuckSporty is a jewel in the roughCanuckSporty is a jewel in the roughCanuckSporty is a jewel in the roughCanuckSporty is a jewel in the roughCanuckSporty is a jewel in the roughCanuckSporty is a jewel in the rough

I ran a log a few days ago with this new Beta firmware and noticed it did not record quite a few parameters that it should have.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][B]2010 XL1200C/Vivid Black/SE SP Slip-ons/SE Intake/Mustang Vintage Solo/Lick's solo bag/Küryakyn Cruise Bar/Progressive 440's/Progressive fork springs w/Ricor Intiminators & Amsoil 5W Shock Therapy/Dynojet Power Vision tuned on the street[/B]
Old 18th June 2012
Chief Harley Engineer

Yeah, i've probably only got 3-4 solid logs, but i'm pretty impressed by my sucess so far. The majority has been to and from work, not logging until the engine is at operating temp though. My next set of days off and the weather is nice I will get some larger files ~10mb, to tighten things up before going to phase 2.

I did notice by just switching my afr tables to 14.3 I almost completely eliminated the decel popping though.

Also after switching the max rpm in MLV to 4200 I can see things a little clearer, theres very minimal blue spots. I think phase 2 will be relatively simple.

Then I can work on my afr tables and hopefully have this thing running as good as it gets.

I'd like to then get it dyno'ed just to see what kind of numbers it makes.I kind of wish I took it to a dyno before I started this just for a comparison.

Thanks again for all your help, surely i'll continue posting my findings along the way.

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk
Know Thy Hog