The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Get Lowered  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Drivetrain > Sportster Motorcycle Tires, Wheels, and Brakes
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Tires, Wheels, and Brakes Discuss issues with Sportster motorcycle tires, wheels and brakes.

Members Birthdays
wallylach (63), cob (60), decman (58), djhannu (52), Vaughn, irishhog (45), dangjalopy (41), earthoverdrive (36), edman87k5 (35), 79iron (32), mr_anti_chrome
Foxcreek Leather
Figure Machine
Superbrace
Biltwell

883 Sportster

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th August 2011
Drag Race Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: xl883l
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 2008
turkishxl883 is a name known to allturkishxl883 is a name known to allturkishxl883 is a name known to allturkishxl883 is a name known to allturkishxl883 is a name known to allturkishxl883 is a name known to allturkishxl883 is a name known to allturkishxl883 is a name known to allturkishxl883 is a name known to allturkishxl883 is a name known to allturkishxl883 is a name known to all
Default now the front brake noise :)

okey here is my problem sometimes brakes giving noise like howling and i can fell it in my handlebar too.But just only one spot when the pads passed i can hear and feel the noise but sometimes i dont feel or hear at all.What can it be?
IS it my pads worn or my disc?Or the wheel bearings?
Sorry for the bad english i hope you understand it.
Old 13th August 2011
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200N
Evil_Seven is a glorious beacon of lightEvil_Seven is a glorious beacon of lightEvil_Seven is a glorious beacon of lightEvil_Seven is a glorious beacon of lightEvil_Seven is a glorious beacon of lightEvil_Seven is a glorious beacon of lightEvil_Seven is a glorious beacon of lightEvil_Seven is a glorious beacon of lightEvil_Seven is a glorious beacon of lightEvil_Seven is a glorious beacon of lightEvil_Seven is a glorious beacon of light

Maybe it's payback for slashing those truck tires...

http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/s....php?t=1157394
Old 13th August 2011
Drag Race Champion

turkishxl883 is a name known to allturkishxl883 is a name known to allturkishxl883 is a name known to allturkishxl883 is a name known to allturkishxl883 is a name known to allturkishxl883 is a name known to allturkishxl883 is a name known to allturkishxl883 is a name known to allturkishxl883 is a name known to allturkishxl883 is a name known to allturkishxl883 is a name known to all

its a curse my sporty is damned
Old 17th August 2011
JESTER Mafia-Hooligan Div

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
BWP 5p has a brilliant futureBWP 5p has a brilliant futureBWP 5p has a brilliant futureBWP 5p has a brilliant futureBWP 5p has a brilliant futureBWP 5p has a brilliant futureBWP 5p has a brilliant futureBWP 5p has a brilliant futureBWP 5p has a brilliant futureBWP 5p has a brilliant futureBWP 5p has a brilliant future

You can usually see the pads if you get down close and look. If they are under about 1,1-1/2mm or so thick on both sides......I'd replace them for sure. Not hard to do.

Stuff: YES
Old 17th August 2011
Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL project
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1982
Other Motorcycle Model: XL project
Other Motorcycle Year: 1977
Flame_Retardent has a reputation beyond reputeFlame_Retardent has a reputation beyond reputeFlame_Retardent has a reputation beyond reputeFlame_Retardent has a reputation beyond reputeFlame_Retardent has a reputation beyond reputeFlame_Retardent has a reputation beyond reputeFlame_Retardent has a reputation beyond reputeFlame_Retardent has a reputation beyond reputeFlame_Retardent has a reputation beyond reputeFlame_Retardent has a reputation beyond reputeFlame_Retardent has a reputation beyond repute

Jack up the front of your bike, eyeball it from the front while spinning it by hand. Maybe you can narrow things down from there.

Gamertag, Xbox Live: Bikerdude Dref
Know Thy Hog

Old 17th August 2011
XL FORUM LIFE MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL50 0596 Black
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Other Motorcycle Model: E-Glide
Other Motorcycle Year: 2003
Bob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to behold

Could be your pads are glazed. A little sanding would fix that.

Sportys tend to keep getting faster the longer you own them.
Old 17th August 2011
Drag Race Champion

i will look for it this weekend this sporty is like my girlfriend always need attention
Old 17th August 2011
Land Speed Record

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 Sportster C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
DG_Sportster is a name known to allDG_Sportster is a name known to allDG_Sportster is a name known to allDG_Sportster is a name known to allDG_Sportster is a name known to allDG_Sportster is a name known to allDG_Sportster is a name known to allDG_Sportster is a name known to allDG_Sportster is a name known to allDG_Sportster is a name known to allDG_Sportster is a name known to all

If the pads are OK, try cleaning the rotors with some brake clean and maybe a scotch-brite pad.
The water-logged OEM starter/system relay on 2007-2009 Sportsters is a OMRON G8H-UA-007401, but this can be crossed over to some automotive apps: Borg Warner R3154, Gp Sorenson 41-5154, Niehoff RL 35381 are examples. Good luck!