The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Foxcreek Leather  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems For discussing problems about your Sportster motorcycle that don't fit anywhere else.

Members Birthdays
black pearl (70), SDREDD (53), pig (51), BonRu (49), cbass (41), ssm7530 (39), SxysCowboy (31)
Fix My Hog
Lickscycles
Lickscycles
DK Customs

Superbrace.com

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th August 2011
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
garykohl2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Strange turn signal problem

Hey guys! I just got my 02 883 and it has and issue with the left turn signal (its been this way since I got it)
If the bike is just on but not running the left turn signal works fine. Once you start the bike it still works if the bike is just idleing. Once you give it some throttle though it freezes in the "high" light. So if I'm riding at any speed and go to use my left turn signal it just comes on bright and stays that way....no flashing at all. Any ideas?
Thanks guys
Old 14th August 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Cosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by garykohl2 View Post
Hey guys! I just got my 02 883 and it has and issue with the left turn signal (its been this way since I got it)
If the bike is just on but not running the left turn signal works fine. Once you start the bike it still works if the bike is just idleing. Once you give it some throttle though it freezes in the "high" light. So if I'm riding at any speed and go to use my left turn signal it just comes on bright and stays that way....no flashing at all. Any ideas?
Which one stays on bright?...front or rear?...or do they both do the same thing? When there isn't enough amps drawn from the turn signal module (due to a bulb being burnt out or bad ground) then the turn signal module doesn't flash.

My first thought is bad ground. Remove your bulbs and make sure there isn't a lot of corrosion in the sockets.

If you don't stand behind our troops, please, feel free to stand in front of them!
Old 14th August 2011
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
garykohl2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo Kramer View Post
Which one stays on bright?...front or rear?...or do they both do the same thing? When there isn't enough amps drawn from the turn signal module (due to a bulb being burnt out or bad ground) then the turn signal module doesn't flash.

My first thought is bad ground. Remove your bulbs and make sure there isn't a lot of corrosion in the sockets.
It is the front and rear....they both do it. I will pull the bulbs and check them tomorrow. Thanks