The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Licks Tanklift  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Styles > Sportster Motorcycle Project
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Members Birthdays
Gennyred (64), Spatialanomaly (60), ColinB (54), HD1000XL (49), tub531
Biltwell
Energy One Clutches
Speedway Instruments
Lickscycles

RYCA Motors

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st September 2011
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 1976
Speedrcr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Finally have been able to ride...a little

It's been about a year of work to get the sporty up and running, but I have been able to ride it a few time last month.
Between working, the kids and some family drama I had to find time when ever I could.
I have some small leaks in my oil tank, so I finally ordered up a new one instead of trying to save the old triumph tank that we hacked up...next up is a new seat design (read thicker)
My friends have given the bike name "Gerti" in honor of my friends mom who was gunned down last month - she was constantly asking me if it was done yet and when I was bringing it over.
This winter she's comes apart for a good frame cleaning and powder coating and maybe a fresh top end.

Before...

After...

Oh yea - my 12 yr old has claimed the bike for himself when he turns 16. My daughter wants me to get a big one so I can take her for rides... the 10 yr old thinks it is too loud.
Old 1st September 2011
Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL project
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1982
Other Motorcycle Model: XL project
Other Motorcycle Year: 1977
Flame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond repute

Looks good, man!

Gamertag, Xbox Live: Bikerdude Dref
Old 1st September 2011
Flat Track Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: 883XL/883N/1200XLC
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Meattruck138 is a glorious beacon of lightMeattruck138 is a glorious beacon of lightMeattruck138 is a glorious beacon of lightMeattruck138 is a glorious beacon of lightMeattruck138 is a glorious beacon of lightMeattruck138 is a glorious beacon of lightMeattruck138 is a glorious beacon of lightMeattruck138 is a glorious beacon of lightMeattruck138 is a glorious beacon of lightMeattruck138 is a glorious beacon of lightMeattruck138 is a glorious beacon of light

Not bad at all, now get some more miles on it!
Willie Nelson could sing the ingredients on a cereal box and make it meaningful.