The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Motor Stage  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE & BUELL MOTORCYCLE FORUM - GENERAL DISCUSSION > Riding with disability
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Riding with disability Discussions on how to ride with minor or major disabilities.

Members Birthdays
BIKE BUILDER
Fix My Hog
Foxcreek Leather
Ironworks Magazine

Superbrace

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th September 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 Sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 03
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLCH 1000
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1977
Other Motorcycle Model: Road King
Other Motorcycle Year: '02
DBH is a name known to allDBH is a name known to allDBH is a name known to allDBH is a name known to allDBH is a name known to allDBH is a name known to allDBH is a name known to allDBH is a name known to allDBH is a name known to allDBH is a name known to allDBH is a name known to all

THANK YOU for your service and sacrifice. I'm glad to see your not letting it hold you down. I wish you a great life.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriveing safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather slideing in sideways, "Jack" in one hand and a beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, screamin "Holy shit what a ride!"

Life is all about "Faster horses, Younger Women, Older Whiskey, And more Money" Thank you, Tom T Hall

“A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. Which would include their own government.”
– George Washington
Old 7th September 2011
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: xl1200x
Sportster/Buell Year: 2011
KillerSwinger is on a distinguished roadKillerSwinger is on a distinguished roadKillerSwinger is on a distinguished roadKillerSwinger is on a distinguished road

Thanks all. The bike is working great for me. I put 800 miles on the bike the first two weeks I had it. I'm looking at ordering up a set of the Vance and Hines big radius pipes and the performance machine fast air intake. What is the best system for getting the best tune?
Old 7th September 2011
Senior Bike Builder

Other Motorcycle Model: Road King
Other Motorcycle Year: 2005
drd1135 is a splendid one to beholddrd1135 is a splendid one to beholddrd1135 is a splendid one to beholddrd1135 is a splendid one to beholddrd1135 is a splendid one to beholddrd1135 is a splendid one to beholddrd1135 is a splendid one to beholddrd1135 is a splendid one to beholddrd1135 is a splendid one to beholddrd1135 is a splendid one to beholddrd1135 is a splendid one to behold

Welcome from Virginia. I will never complain about using a throttle rocker again. I'm glad you're able to ride again.
Old 7th September 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH 1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 1993
Other Motorcycle Model: Moto Guzzi California EV
Other Motorcycle Year: 1998
jharback has disabled reputation

If your still having some problems you might try a Kuryakyn Throttle Boss. It takes a little getting use to but, all you need to do is put pressure on it with the heel of your hand. Here's a link to one that attaches to your grip:

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/502-527

Here's a link to one that you just replace the grips:

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/500-153

Jim in Italy
'93 1200
4"Extended Jaybrake Forward Controls
Wide Wishbone Girder Front End
Super E Carb w/Forcewinder Air Cleaner
WetDreamz Pipes
Holographic Metal Flake Paint Job
Four Piston Jaybrake Calipers front & back
16" Carlini Apes
Old 7th September 2011
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: KLH883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
SkullBasher is a jewel in the roughSkullBasher is a jewel in the roughSkullBasher is a jewel in the roughSkullBasher is a jewel in the roughSkullBasher is a jewel in the roughSkullBasher is a jewel in the roughSkullBasher is a jewel in the roughSkullBasher is a jewel in the roughSkullBasher is a jewel in the roughSkullBasher is a jewel in the roughSkullBasher is a jewel in the rough

Thank you for your service!! Welcome to the forum from Kansas!
Know Thy Hog

Old 7th September 2011
Senior Chief Master Mechanic 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster 1200cc
Sportster/Buell Year: 2001
redi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud of

My Family and I pray every night for the soldiers. THANK YOU. I am humbled by your bravery and sacrifice. Congratulations, and welcome. This site is a great hnge out when one can't be riding. enjoy.
Old 7th September 2011
Senior Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2001
Other Motorcycle Model: Fairlane 500
Other Motorcycle Year: 1964
SuperTed is a name known to allSuperTed is a name known to allSuperTed is a name known to allSuperTed is a name known to allSuperTed is a name known to allSuperTed is a name known to allSuperTed is a name known to allSuperTed is a name known to allSuperTed is a name known to allSuperTed is a name known to allSuperTed is a name known to all

Welcome and a big thanks for your service! Best of luck finding a throttle setup that works for you.
- Oversized pic of my ride & lengthy list of upgrades
Old 7th September 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH 883 Hugger
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda XL250R
Other Motorcycle Year: 1987
bklyngeezer is a splendid one to beholdbklyngeezer is a splendid one to beholdbklyngeezer is a splendid one to beholdbklyngeezer is a splendid one to beholdbklyngeezer is a splendid one to beholdbklyngeezer is a splendid one to beholdbklyngeezer is a splendid one to beholdbklyngeezer is a splendid one to beholdbklyngeezer is a splendid one to beholdbklyngeezer is a splendid one to beholdbklyngeezer is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for your service and enjoy your bike.

2003 XLH 883H
1984 Honda XL350R
1987 Honda XL250R
"Only the dead know Brooklyn"- Thomas Wolfe
http://backwoodsrambling.blogspot.com
Old 7th September 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200 S/ sold
Sportster/Buell Year: 1996
Other Motorcycle Model: Suzuki M109R/ totaled
Other Motorcycle Year: 2008
wilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant future
Default Welcome

Welcome to the forum, and thank you for your service and bravery.....

You have been through a lot, and to enjoy riding must be a great feeling. Hope you have many years of safe riding.
Old 8th September 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
Sportster/Buell Model #2: X-1 lightning
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2000
sprink has a brilliant futuresprink has a brilliant futuresprink has a brilliant futuresprink has a brilliant futuresprink has a brilliant futuresprink has a brilliant futuresprink has a brilliant futuresprink has a brilliant futuresprink has a brilliant futuresprink has a brilliant futuresprink has a brilliant future

Thank You for your service. Glad to hear you can ride again.
Know Thy Hog