The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Superbrace  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Electrical > Sportster Motorcycle Electrical and Ignition
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Members Birthdays
jdhickm (79), Chip (66), Chief4x4 (64), willyobiker (62), CBryant (61), XLCH69 (58), sage (55), VettesRule (52), jerseyjeff (52), TheExecutioner (49), SalTheWop (49), manic_mechanic, pauldmedic16 (40), BluegrassXL (36), Superman
Burly
DK Customs
Energy One Clutches
Burly

Sky Smith Insurance

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th September 2011
Biker

Sportster/Buell Year: 08
Other Motorcycle Model: aprilia mana
Other Motorcycle Year: 09
mastiffhound is on a distinguished roadmastiffhound is on a distinguished roadmastiffhound is on a distinguished road
Default New Battery!

I got 3 years out of my old battery. It finally cracked and had a dead cell. I went with a shorai lithium battery. It is definatly different, about the size of my two fists maybe smaller and weighs 1.6 pounds. That is not a typo. My bike also starts like a demon now. I don't know if anyone else has done this yet but for 139.99 I'll be a guinee pig. Any thoughts or question? Any one else have expierience with these batteries?
Old 7th September 2011
Biker

mastiffhound is on a distinguished roadmastiffhound is on a distinguished roadmastiffhound is on a distinguished road

Oh, one more thing, the small size of the battery let me put the fuel pack harness and a small tool bag in the battery box also!
Old 7th September 2011
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200
jarel is an unknown quantity at this point

which Model exactly did you pick up?
Old 7th September 2011
Biker

Shorai model LFX14L2-BS12 is the one I picked up. It is the second case series smaller and newer but same cca of 210. So far it has been 3 weeks and so far it works great. The series 1 is the exact same specs except bigger. Same cca, watts per hour, and amps per hour.

I could not find the series 1 on sale on the net also. It also puts out 10 cca than the yuasa battery I was going to get and came with a two year warranty. Also no acid to fill and won't leak. Put it in the bike right out of the box and it was fully charged. I found a place on the net called motomummy with free shipping. I also got a bunch of free stickers for my tool box!
Old 7th September 2011
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
TheDinglepuss is just really niceTheDinglepuss is just really niceTheDinglepuss is just really niceTheDinglepuss is just really niceTheDinglepuss is just really niceTheDinglepuss is just really niceTheDinglepuss is just really niceTheDinglepuss is just really niceTheDinglepuss is just really niceTheDinglepuss is just really niceTheDinglepuss is just really nice

Schweet! Thanks for the info. My batteries (stock) last about 2 years. The summers here in Phoenix are brutal on batteries and mine is starting to lag on ignition (I was planning to hook it up the the charger this weekend)

Old 8th September 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: xl883c
aemsee has a brilliant futureaemsee has a brilliant futureaemsee has a brilliant futureaemsee has a brilliant futureaemsee has a brilliant futureaemsee has a brilliant futureaemsee has a brilliant futureaemsee has a brilliant futureaemsee has a brilliant futureaemsee has a brilliant futureaemsee has a brilliant future

thanks for posting. I'll be watching this thread. Also sent ya some rep for being the guinea pig on this one. My battery is still original and I figure I am pushing my luck with it. Would be great to be able to relocate the ECM easily and go with a pre-07 fender and seat
Old 8th September 2011
Biker

My ecm would fit in the battery box right now but I opted for a tool kit(small phillips head, a few allen wrenches, zip ties, worm clamp, small adjustable wrench) because it is nice to have if something gets loose. I have my harness in there also as stated before! Thanks for the rep aemsee!
Old 8th September 2011
Flat Track Racer

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 Roadster
idigther will become famous soon enoughidigther will become famous soon enoughidigther will become famous soon enoughidigther will become famous soon enoughidigther will become famous soon enoughidigther will become famous soon enoughidigther will become famous soon enough

Still have the stock battery in my 2007 XL, I use a tender (Sears brand) when the bike might sit for more than a week, and keep it hooked up all winter. I'll have to watch this thread as well. I usually get good service out of my batteries. The last 11 years I have been buying WESTCO (glass mat) batteries for my bikes. My brother is using (on an '87 Venture Royale 1300) an 11 year old WESTCO I gave him off my old Wing in 2008. I gotta check out the shorai lithium battery.
Thanks for the info.
2007 XL1200R 69.26 rear wheel HP, 74.23 ft. lbs torque: SE A/c, SE slip ons, FI remap, black Progressive H-D 440's, Progressive fork springs, Mustang wide classic touring seat, oil cooler, aux led brake - running light, H-D med low, six pack rack, cheap a$$ leather bags, H-D bag supports, quick detach compact windshield. Rider with a penchant for WOT...the cure for slow!
Old 8th September 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH 1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 1993
Other Motorcycle Model: Moto Guzzi California EV
Other Motorcycle Year: 1998
jharback has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastiffhound View Post
Shorai model LFX14L2-BS12 is the one I picked up. It is the second case series smaller and newer but same cca of 210. So far it has been 3 weeks and so far it works great. The series 1 is the exact same specs except bigger. Same cca, watts per hour, and amps per hour.

I could not find the series 1 on sale on the net also. It also puts out 10 cca than the yuasa battery I was going to get and came with a two year warranty. Also no acid to fill and won't leak. Put it in the bike right out of the box and it was fully charged. I found a place on the net called motomummy with free shipping. I also got a bunch of free stickers for my tool box!
I'm getting ready to order one of these. S&S100sweden has been running one for a while and has has told me that it has operated flawlessly.

Jim in Italy
'93 1200
4"Extended Jaybrake Forward Controls
Wide Wishbone Girder Front End
Super E Carb w/Forcewinder Air Cleaner
WetDreamz Pipes
Holographic Metal Flake Paint Job
Four Piston Jaybrake Calipers front & back
16" Carlini Apes

Last edited by jharback; 8th September 2011 at 13:31..
Old 8th September 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: Iron 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 11
Other Motorcycle Model: Road King Police
oreocat1 has much to be proud oforeocat1 has much to be proud oforeocat1 has much to be proud oforeocat1 has much to be proud oforeocat1 has much to be proud oforeocat1 has much to be proud oforeocat1 has much to be proud oforeocat1 has much to be proud oforeocat1 has much to be proud oforeocat1 has much to be proud oforeocat1 has much to be proud of

I'll be watching also. My RK may be due soon.
Know Thy Hog