The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Lowbrow Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Drivetrain > Sportster Motorcycle Tires, Wheels, and Brakes
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Tires, Wheels, and Brakes Discuss issues with Sportster motorcycle tires, wheels and brakes.

Members Birthdays
Superbrace
BIKE BUILDER
Lickscycles
Energy One Clutches

Zippers Performance

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th September 2011
"So this is what I am."

Sportster/Buell Model: xl 883c<1212
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
chardhin has a brilliant futurechardhin has a brilliant futurechardhin has a brilliant futurechardhin has a brilliant futurechardhin has a brilliant futurechardhin has a brilliant futurechardhin has a brilliant futurechardhin has a brilliant futurechardhin has a brilliant futurechardhin has a brilliant futurechardhin has a brilliant future
Default new tires

Well my stock Dunlap Tires did some slight washing out onme this last weekend. They are down to around 1/16th of an inch tread. This got me looking for tires. I just decided on Perellis Night Dragons. For $240 there on there way. Rico rides with these and Pirelli tire are on a couple of the Mercedes Benz that I drive, I know there gonna be decent for these reasons. Now to get them in and mounted. Last ti e I took my bike in for tire changes it got ran over and I got a new bike. So I will take the wheels of and bring them in to Kenetic playground.
Amidst the mists and coldest frosts,
With stoutest wrists and loudest boasts,
He thrusts his fists against the posts,
And still insists he sees the ghosts.

Zombie Leg Humpers M.C.
http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/group.php?groupid=90
Old 8th September 2011
Land Speed Record

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 iron
Sportster/Buell Year: 2010
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 1200 custom
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2006
vlmuke is a name known to allvlmuke is a name known to allvlmuke is a name known to allvlmuke is a name known to allvlmuke is a name known to allvlmuke is a name known to allvlmuke is a name known to allvlmuke is a name known to allvlmuke is a name known to allvlmuke is a name known to allvlmuke is a name known to all

I have read the reviews for the Pirelli night dragons and the are very hightly rated once you get em on let us know how they work for you!
Old 8th September 2011
Super Moderator

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster 883L
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda CB350 Cafe Style
Other Motorcycle Year: 1970
khaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud of

I had my Indy order Night Dragons and when they came in both had big goose eggs on the side walls. I was disappointed. Ended up putting Dunlops on cause I needed tires for a trip.

I'll try again when I wear these out.

2006 883L
AN Big Sucker Stage 1
Rejetted Carb: Slow 45, Main 175
Vance & Hines Side Shots
Flat Track bars, 4" Joker Machine Risers
Joker Machine Speedo Mount
Speedway Instrument MicroTach
Mid Controls
Lepera Daytona Sport or Lepera Bare Bones Solo
Black Progressive 412 12.5" shocks
Progressive Fork Springs
Knock-off SE Fork Brace
Chopped Rear Fender
Custom Taillight

Ol' Greasy Karl of the Spirit Stalkers MC
Outlaw Name Generator

XLForum Business Card Template

BEFORE YOU CLIMB ON YOUR MOTORCYCLE, CHECK THAT THE NUT THAT CONNECTS THE HANDLEBAR TO THE SEAT IS NEITHER TOO TIGHT NOR TOO LOOSE.
Old 8th September 2011
Jester Mafia

Sportster/Buell Model: NRHS Stage II 1250-R
Rico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond repute

For the record, I use the Pirelli Sport Demons not the Night Dragons.

Jester Mafia
Old 8th September 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200c
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
DaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond reputeDaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond reputeDaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond reputeDaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond reputeDaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond reputeDaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond reputeDaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond reputeDaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond reputeDaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond reputeDaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond reputeDaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond repute

Cheap but good are the Kenda's. I got ME880's front and rear and I like them. And I got a sweat deal on a Dunlop D220 so its the backup rear tire.

Air shock information thread
Know Thy Hog

Old 8th September 2011
"So this is what I am."

chardhin has a brilliant futurechardhin has a brilliant futurechardhin has a brilliant futurechardhin has a brilliant futurechardhin has a brilliant futurechardhin has a brilliant futurechardhin has a brilliant futurechardhin has a brilliant futurechardhin has a brilliant futurechardhin has a brilliant futurechardhin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico 05R View Post
For the record, I use the Pirelli Sport Demons not the Night Dragons.
couldnt find the sport demons for the custom. These arent v-rated but at least H-rated that should will do me fine since I dont race.
Old 8th September 2011
Jester Mafia

Sportster/Buell Model: NRHS Stage II 1250-R
Rico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond repute

So far, I'm very happy with the choice of the Pirelli's.
Old 13th September 2011
Senior Chief Master Mechanic 2nd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200R SOLD
Sportster/Buell Year: 06
Old Goat Ninja is a name known to allOld Goat Ninja is a name known to allOld Goat Ninja is a name known to allOld Goat Ninja is a name known to allOld Goat Ninja is a name known to allOld Goat Ninja is a name known to allOld Goat Ninja is a name known to allOld Goat Ninja is a name known to allOld Goat Ninja is a name known to allOld Goat Ninja is a name known to allOld Goat Ninja is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by chardhin View Post
Well my stock Dunlap Tires did some slight washing out onme this last weekend. They are down to around 1/16th of an inch tread. This got me looking for tires. I just decided on Perellis Night Dragons. For $240 there on there way. Rico rides with these and Pirelli tire are on a couple of the Mercedes Benz that I drive, I know there gonna be decent for these reasons. Now to get them in and mounted. Last ti e I took my bike in for tire changes it got ran over and I got a new bike. So I will take the wheels of and bring them in to Kenetic playground.
I just ordered same tires this morning. Got the email a couple hours ago that they shipped. Can't wait to get them on. Almost every review I found on them was great. I only found one bad review. Guy said tread was falling about after only 1500 miles. I hope his is an isolated problem. Can't wait to get them. I got front and rear and will put both on same time. Can't wait to read your review while I wait for mine to arrive lol. Better be good :-)
Old 13th September 2011
"So this is what I am."

I got mine in today. Will take bike to indies for install.
Old 15th September 2011
Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: xlh
Sportster/Buell Year: 1990
a150bdriver is a jewel in the rougha150bdriver is a jewel in the rougha150bdriver is a jewel in the rougha150bdriver is a jewel in the rougha150bdriver is a jewel in the rougha150bdriver is a jewel in the rougha150bdriver is a jewel in the rougha150bdriver is a jewel in the rougha150bdriver is a jewel in the rougha150bdriver is a jewel in the rougha150bdriver is a jewel in the rough

I need to swap tirres as well... I have run Conti Blitz for the last 20 years and they stick like glue on my bike but they have been discontinued.

I ride north Georgia mountains and the Dragon's tail (rt 129) quite allot and need a sticky road tire that works well with a light bike and won't wash out on me. Does anyone run the ME 880's that corners hard through the turns as they have been suggested by a friend of mine?
Know Thy Hog