The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Superbrace  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Accessories
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Accessories Accessory problems, advice, and/or how tos (Saddle Bags, Sissy Bars, Crash bars, Mirrors, etc

Members Birthdays
Durockrolly (56), xlch1973 (52), ehenry (50), 100thHugger (49), evobrian (47), jethrosurfs (42), Chris B. (38), Ebmomma (38)
RYCA Motors
Speedway Instruments
Biltwell
Don's Cyclewear

Motor Stage

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th October 2011
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
dcharding is on a distinguished roaddcharding is on a distinguished roaddcharding is on a distinguished roaddcharding is on a distinguished roaddcharding is on a distinguished road
Default Klock Werks Windshield

Anybody try his on their Sporty? I have quick detach HD shield and have a lot of buffeting. This one uses the same mounts as the HD, and word has it that buffeting is all but eliminated. It is also billed as a performance product, as it supplies downforce at speed.

Klock Werks Flare
SE Fork Brace / Ricor Intiminators / WB Hybrids
Old 5th October 2011
Brass Nut

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200V
Sportster/Buell Year: 2013
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL883C … long gone
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2005
Other Motorcycle Model: FXDB … gone!
Other Motorcycle Year: 2012
Folkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond repute

'The green machine'
Old 5th October 2011
Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: xl 883 c
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
pipeyeti is just really nicepipeyeti is just really nicepipeyeti is just really nicepipeyeti is just really nicepipeyeti is just really nicepipeyeti is just really nicepipeyeti is just really nicepipeyeti is just really nicepipeyeti is just really nicepipeyeti is just really nicepipeyeti is just really nice

We will see if they work, I just ordered one. I hate my HD one that I have.
Old 5th October 2011
Biker

dcharding is on a distinguished roaddcharding is on a distinguished roaddcharding is on a distinguished roaddcharding is on a distinguished roaddcharding is on a distinguished road

Please come back once you get it on & test ride it. If it wasn't for all the freeway riding I do, I'd leave it off (the HD shield, that is). On another note, where did you get it and $how much$?
Old 6th October 2011
Chief Master Mechanic

pipeyeti is just really nicepipeyeti is just really nicepipeyeti is just really nicepipeyeti is just really nicepipeyeti is just really nicepipeyeti is just really nicepipeyeti is just really nicepipeyeti is just really nicepipeyeti is just really nicepipeyeti is just really nicepipeyeti is just really nice

I ordered it right from Kustombaggers.com paid 230.00
Know Thy Hog

Old 7th October 2011
Chief Master Mechanic

I ordered on Wed afternoon and its here in chicago on Fri. Installation is super easy. I got the tinted version and it looks as cool as any windshield is ever going to look on a sportster. Much cooler than the stock HD version. The HD had so much buffeting that thought my glasses would vibrate off. The Flare has reduced the buffeting by at least 75%. Now I will say that I just put it on and only rode up to 40mph, I'm still at work so I'll see what happens on the freeway later.
Old 8th October 2011
Chief Master Mechanic

Ran it up to 75 on the way home and its great. Like I said buffeting is gone. I'm calling this one of the best 230$ upgrades I have made.
Old 8th October 2011
Biker

Thanks, pipeyeti. Guess I better start saving up. That will be my next upgrade. The HD shield pretty well sucks. Now that the cold weather is approaching, I'd like to be out of the wind, an this looks like the ticket. Really appreciate you doing the testing
Old 8th October 2011
Chief Master Mechanic

No problem, I had just finished reading about the windshield in AIH the day before you posted your question. Thought that was a sign that I should order it. Glad I did.
Old 8th October 2011
Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: xlch
Sportster/Buell Year: 1961
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Xl 883n
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2010
brianbbs67 has much to be proud ofbrianbbs67 has much to be proud ofbrianbbs67 has much to be proud ofbrianbbs67 has much to be proud ofbrianbbs67 has much to be proud ofbrianbbs67 has much to be proud ofbrianbbs67 has much to be proud ofbrianbbs67 has much to be proud ofbrianbbs67 has much to be proud ofbrianbbs67 has much to be proud ofbrianbbs67 has much to be proud of

I got a good bug catcher from Slipstream...$69.99! Quick detach to boot!
Know Thy Hog