The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Energy One Clutches  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Accessories
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Accessories Accessory problems, advice, and/or how tos (Saddle Bags, Sissy Bars, Crash bars, Mirrors, etc

Members Birthdays
RYCA Motors
Foxcreek Leather
Lowbrow Customs
Superbrace

Motor Stage

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th November 2011
Brass Nut

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200V
Sportster/Buell Year: 2013
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL883C … long gone
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2005
Other Motorcycle Model: FXDB … gone!
Other Motorcycle Year: 2012
Folkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond repute

I just fitted one of these Klock Werks Billboard Flare windshields on my Street Bob. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet.
'The green machine'
Old 25th November 2011
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
dcharding is on a distinguished roaddcharding is on a distinguished roaddcharding is on a distinguished roaddcharding is on a distinguished roaddcharding is on a distinguished road

Well, Folkie, stop back with an opinion once you give it a go. My "list" includes this to replace the MoCo one I have now.
SE Fork Brace / Ricor Intiminators / WB Hybrids
Old 25th November 2011
Flat Track Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
johnwestphal has disabled reputation

I just can't do these Road King look windshields on a Sporty. In my opinion, the only thing I'd put on a Sporty is a Windvest. No buffeting, quality billet hardware, nice ergonomics, the only way to go.

www.windvest.com
Old 27th November 2011
Brass Nut

Folkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond repute

Only had a quick spin with it so far: about 10 miles, but did get up to 70 mph or so. So far it's very encouraging. In fact I came out of a 40 mph speed limit area, cracked open the throttle, glanced at the speedo, and found I was doing between 70 and 75, without even realising it. That wouldn't have happened with the QD shield, or without a shield at all, for that matter.
Old 17th February 2012
Biker

dcharding is on a distinguished roaddcharding is on a distinguished roaddcharding is on a distinguished roaddcharding is on a distinguished roaddcharding is on a distinguished road

Well, I just ordered one for myself. Should have it next week. Will stop back with a "review". I am hoping for the best
Know Thy Hog

Old 18th February 2012
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
Other Motorcycle Model: Kawasaki Versys
Other Motorcycle Year: 2009
Mark Jags is on a distinguished roadMark Jags is on a distinguished road

I've tried a few different windshields on my bike and have found most of the buffeting comes from under the shield. I tried a set of lowers and it makes a huge difference. They look crappy, but if you're going on a tour it's worth it.
Old 21st February 2012
Biker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Jags View Post
...have found most of the buffeting comes from under the shield. I tried a set of lowers and it makes a huge difference.
That would be my next thing to try. What lowers did you use?
Old 21st February 2012
Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL project
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1982
Other Motorcycle Model: XL project
Other Motorcycle Year: 1977
Flame_Retardent has a reputation beyond reputeFlame_Retardent has a reputation beyond reputeFlame_Retardent has a reputation beyond reputeFlame_Retardent has a reputation beyond reputeFlame_Retardent has a reputation beyond reputeFlame_Retardent has a reputation beyond reputeFlame_Retardent has a reputation beyond reputeFlame_Retardent has a reputation beyond reputeFlame_Retardent has a reputation beyond reputeFlame_Retardent has a reputation beyond reputeFlame_Retardent has a reputation beyond repute

Where's all the pictures for this thread?

Gamertag, Xbox Live: Bikerdude Dref
Old 21st February 2012
Brass Nut

You want pics? Here are a couple from the Klock Werks site:

Old 26th March 2012
Brass Nut

The only problem with the Klock Werks screen is that it only comes in one size. You can't cut it down, like you would a normal screen, because of the flip. Even with it fitted with the clamps as low on the fork legs as they would go, it was still a bit high for me.

I'd previously made a couple of ¾" brackets (¾" between the centres of the holes) when I was experimenting with titling the H-D screen back a bit.

I've now used the brackets to lower the Klock Werks screen, by dropping the bottom mounting points ¾" below the lower clamps. The upper clamps fit in the normal way. I haven't ridden with it like this yet; I'll get to try it out tomorrow.
Know Thy Hog