The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Mother Road Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > Ironhead Sportster Motorcycle Talk (1957-1985)
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Ironhead Sportster Motorcycle Talk (1957-1985) For all those that wanna talk about Ironhead Sportster Motorcycles

Members Birthdays
hawkeye (66), Rigpa (46), petersca (35)
Motor Stage
Energy One Clutches
883 Sportster
Ironworks Magazine

Biltwell

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th October 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XLh 1000
Sportster/Buell Year: 1979
nativebroncofan is just really nicenativebroncofan is just really nicenativebroncofan is just really nicenativebroncofan is just really nicenativebroncofan is just really nicenativebroncofan is just really nicenativebroncofan is just really nicenativebroncofan is just really nicenativebroncofan is just really nicenativebroncofan is just really nicenativebroncofan is just really nice
Default E79 rear wheel left side spacer

I just went and got this from HD. Same part # different lengths in parts. Thinking of just cleaning up the old one and going back on with it.
Has anyone ran into this issue when getting a new spacer?
Sorry to just pop in, been working day and night and when the boss called and offered the night off I couldn't help but get out a wrench.
nativebroncofan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mini-bikepiece.jpg (46.7 KB, 11 views)
Old 14th October 2011
Rider Of The Iron Steed

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH
Sportster/Buell Year: 1978
IronMick has much to be proud ofIronMick has much to be proud ofIronMick has much to be proud ofIronMick has much to be proud ofIronMick has much to be proud ofIronMick has much to be proud ofIronMick has much to be proud ofIronMick has much to be proud ofIronMick has much to be proud ofIronMick has much to be proud ofIronMick has much to be proud of

The new one in your photo looks like the one that was in my 1980, as i recall. Is the part number 41202-79? The parts catalog says this is 1", outer left bearing spacer.
Old 14th October 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XLh 1000
Sportster/Buell Year: 1979
nativebroncofan is just really nicenativebroncofan is just really nicenativebroncofan is just really nicenativebroncofan is just really nicenativebroncofan is just really nicenativebroncofan is just really nicenativebroncofan is just really nicenativebroncofan is just really nicenativebroncofan is just really nicenativebroncofan is just really nicenativebroncofan is just really nice

yep, that's the part #. Wonder why the old one is sooo much deeper than the new one. now it's under night light as I've lost the sunshine for the day.