The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Lickscycles  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Motor / Engine > Sportster Motorcycle Engine Conversions
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Engine Conversions Advice, questions, and tips for 1200, 1250, 1340, 1450 etc... for Sportster and Buell motorcycle engine conversions

Members Birthdays
Progressive Suspension
Superbrace
DK Customs
S&S Cycle

Motor Stage

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th May 2012
Senior Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL77.2R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
rejeanprimeau has a brilliant futurerejeanprimeau has a brilliant futurerejeanprimeau has a brilliant futurerejeanprimeau has a brilliant futurerejeanprimeau has a brilliant futurerejeanprimeau has a brilliant futurerejeanprimeau has a brilliant futurerejeanprimeau has a brilliant futurerejeanprimeau has a brilliant futurerejeanprimeau has a brilliant futurerejeanprimeau has a brilliant future

Any air bubbles in a pipe or tube restrict the flow of a liquid. By closing the loose fitting, you stop the air entering the gas line.
Old 27th May 2012
CANUKSTER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Lenster has a reputation beyond reputeLenster has a reputation beyond reputeLenster has a reputation beyond reputeLenster has a reputation beyond reputeLenster has a reputation beyond reputeLenster has a reputation beyond reputeLenster has a reputation beyond reputeLenster has a reputation beyond reputeLenster has a reputation beyond reputeLenster has a reputation beyond reputeLenster has a reputation beyond repute

I spent some time yesterday and today re-jetting my carb and I've got it really close to where it needs to be, but I don't think I'm there yet.

Tomorrow, I'm going to load the new map that Rico sent me and go for another shake down run.
Lenster's 1250 2006 XL1250C, Hammer Crush Heads, 15 Degree Pistons, 10.5:1 CR, S&S Roller Rockers, Fixed Length Pushrods, Jim's Powerglide II Hydraulic Lifters, RedShift 585 Cams, Energy 1 Clutch w/ 15% Stronger Spring, Hammer Performance Billet Intake Manifold, Mikuni HSR 45, Offset Crush AC, RB Racing LSR 2:1 Exhaust and a Daytona Twin Tec TC88A with a Kickass Map by Rico 05R.

Old 27th May 2012

rejeanprimeau has a brilliant futurerejeanprimeau has a brilliant futurerejeanprimeau has a brilliant futurerejeanprimeau has a brilliant futurerejeanprimeau has a brilliant futurerejeanprimeau has a brilliant futurerejeanprimeau has a brilliant futurerejeanprimeau has a brilliant futurerejeanprimeau has a brilliant futurerejeanprimeau has a brilliant futurerejeanprimeau has a brilliant future

Took me 1 hour to set the lectron on my bike.
The PSI seem more complicated than gran pop.
Do you have to actualy change jet or just adjustment?
Old 27th May 2012
CANUKSTER

Lenster has a reputation beyond reputeLenster has a reputation beyond reputeLenster has a reputation beyond reputeLenster has a reputation beyond reputeLenster has a reputation beyond reputeLenster has a reputation beyond reputeLenster has a reputation beyond reputeLenster has a reputation beyond reputeLenster has a reputation beyond reputeLenster has a reputation beyond reputeLenster has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejeanprimeau View Post
Took me 1 hour to set the lectron on my bike.
The PSI seem more complicated than gran pop.
Do you have to actualy change jet or just adjustment?
Yesterday, it took me about an hour and a half to change the needle and the nozzle (the nozzle is the needle jet).

Today I changed only the nozzle which took me about half an hour.

Once you have the internal components close, you use the external adjustments to fine tune it.
Old 27th May 2012

The PSI is definetly more complicated than a Lectron. I'm sure the PSI will give a more precise AFR. With the lectron you get it easy or swear you bought another kind of carburetor, LOL. I was lucky; Kevin, the owner of Lectron got me two needles that just fit perfectly my applications: 94 Petro-Can gas and E85. Take me two minutes to switch needle.
Know Thy Hog

Old 29th May 2012
Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 1200 xl sportster custom
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 03
Other Motorcycle Model: 1200 low sportster
Other Motorcycle Year: 06
Bob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to all

hay len hows the bike working for you gettingher legs under it yet.??
Old 14th June 2012
Senior Chief Know It All 2nd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 Flat Track Racer
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
Sportster/Buell Model #2: RIP 1200S
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1999
A 4 liter V8 eater has disabled reputation

Its probably still snowing up there. Seriously though, any updates?

Link to thread on "Harley Racing" events across the country: http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?t=53470

These events include Hillclimbing, Flat Track Racing, Ice racing, Drag Racing, etc.. They are all sports dominated by Harley Davidsons. They are always located in scenic areas and are great weekend rides. The above link allows XLforum users to coordinate riding to these events together.
Old 19th June 2012
Amateur Hour

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 Xl
Sportster/Buell Year: 1992
madnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant future

Lenster? Hows that beefed up pig coming?
Old 19th June 2012
A Million Facts & Figures

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Buell Cyclone
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1999
aswracing has a brilliant futureaswracing has a brilliant futureaswracing has a brilliant futureaswracing has a brilliant futureaswracing has a brilliant futureaswracing has a brilliant futureaswracing has a brilliant futureaswracing has a brilliant futureaswracing has a brilliant futureaswracing has a brilliant futureaswracing has a brilliant future

Yes, we're waiting here in Sandpoint. Dyno'ed an RC51 the other day. He made 114.4hp. I think you'll pound him I want that Sportster! Bring me the Sportster!

Old 19th June 2012
CANUKSTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob s hog View Post
hay len hows the bike working for you gettingher legs under it yet.??
Oh it has legs! I think they could be longer though with more tuning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A 4 liter V8 eater View Post
Its probably still snowing up there. Seriously though, any updates?
The Snow did stop. Unfortunately, it turned to rain! It seems that if it's not raining, I'm working or taking my kid to soccer or doing yardwork or planning our renovation or working on my "honey-do" list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnss View Post
Lenster? Hows that beefed up pig coming?
I thought it was going good, then one day after filling up with gas I noticed that there was gas pouring out all over my HOT engine. That really freaked me out. The gas line had come off of the fuel filter. After I got that fixed, my jetting was all messed up and the bike was running super rich - back to square one on the jetting. IF the weather clears up and I'm not busy I'm going to get the jetting as close as I can with the parts I've got. I've talked to PSI and I may need to do some customization of the slide to lean out a VERY rich condition just off idle. Time will tell - I don't want to go grinding on the slide until I'm sure jetting is not the cause. I can't see reversion being the culprit because of how rich it goes just off idle (less than 10:1 from a 14:1 idle).

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswracing View Post
Yes, we're waiting here in Sandpoint. Dyno'ed an RC51 the other day. He made 114.4hp. I think you'll pound him I want that Sportster! Bring me the Sportster!
Still working on this too. I talked to one of my co-workers who has a condo on Lake Pend Oreille and she gave me the name and number of another person who may have a place for rent during one of the last two weeks of August. Don't write me off yet! I REALLY want my bike to get into your shop.......
Know Thy Hog