The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Lowbrow Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > OFF TOPIC > Human Relationships - Marriage, Dating, the Single Life
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Human Relationships - Marriage, Dating, the Single Life This is where you can discuss human relations topicsthat are important to you. Please keep the discussion intelligent and remember EVERYONE has their own opinion.

DO NOT LET YOUR DISCUSSIONS HERE BLEED INTO THE OPEN FORUMS!!!

Members Birthdays
Dead Creek Cycles
RYCA Motors
S&S Cycle
883 Sportster

Get Lowered

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th October 2011
Senior Chief Harley Engineer 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 Chopster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Buell XB1200STT
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2007
goinsideways136 is a glorious beacon of lightgoinsideways136 is a glorious beacon of lightgoinsideways136 is a glorious beacon of lightgoinsideways136 is a glorious beacon of lightgoinsideways136 is a glorious beacon of lightgoinsideways136 is a glorious beacon of lightgoinsideways136 is a glorious beacon of lightgoinsideways136 is a glorious beacon of lightgoinsideways136 is a glorious beacon of lightgoinsideways136 is a glorious beacon of lightgoinsideways136 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Girl broke up with me... Still miserable weeks later...

So i was single for years... Moved to Vegas and been having the time of my life! Ride everyday, workout, drink, hang with buddies, travel and generally live an awesime life. Been with quite a few woman here in Vegas and never wanted or looked for a relationship. But then i met this rad woman who was extremely gorgous, fun, and generally blew me away. We dated for a couple months because i was wary of vegas woman. Well she liked me and we decided to be official. Well everything is fine for awhile. Thing is she had a kid, recently divorced and had two beautiful roomates who are now single who love going out all week. I never had any issues with her going out with her friends and dancing in clubs and so on. Well at on of the local bars they do a bikini contest for money. Well her roomates convinced her to do it with them. She placed third and i was stoked for her. Thing is, this bikini contest became a weekly thing. The first couple times i didbt mind, but after awhile it started to bother me. Why does she need the attention like that and doing it for money. So i tried to tell her i didnt mind the contest but doing it every week for money was stripperish. Well she broke up with me after that conversation. Now i cant go to my fav bars because i dont want to run into her. I really liked her and now its been two weeks and i still cant get over it. I ride, wrench, workout, hang with buddies, other woman, but i cant get her off my mind. This is horrible...

Vegas Crew Devils Playground
Old 19th October 2011
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200 R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Buell Uly (sold)
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2009
Other Motorcycle Model: 2010 Ural Patrol(sold)
Phaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond repute

That sucks, if the contest really wasn't a deal breaker, then talk to her about it.
Old 19th October 2011
JESTER SYNDICATE

Sportster/Buell Model: NRHS Stage II 1250-R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Rico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond repute

Go wherever you want. Who cares if you run into her? Don't stop living your life because of some gal...pull yer head out.
Old 19th October 2011
Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
PiousDevil has much to be proud ofPiousDevil has much to be proud ofPiousDevil has much to be proud ofPiousDevil has much to be proud ofPiousDevil has much to be proud ofPiousDevil has much to be proud ofPiousDevil has much to be proud ofPiousDevil has much to be proud ofPiousDevil has much to be proud ofPiousDevil has much to be proud ofPiousDevil has much to be proud of

Sounds like she went through a life change and was probably looking for an excuse to be single. It happens, don't let it ruin your life. Doesn't sound like it was a terribly long relationship, dodge the bars for a while and you will get over her. Sounds stripperish to me too, btw, you're probably better off.
Old 19th October 2011
Senior Chief Know It All 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200N
il67bp is a name known to allil67bp is a name known to allil67bp is a name known to allil67bp is a name known to allil67bp is a name known to allil67bp is a name known to allil67bp is a name known to allil67bp is a name known to allil67bp is a name known to allil67bp is a name known to allil67bp is a name known to all

what is it youre worried about if you see her? having to talk to her? her ignoring you? seeing her with another guy? i think we've all been there but remember if its not her there will be another whether its soon or 10 years from now. maybe think about if thats really what bothered her or if thats just an excuse. to me it sounds like it ended too easy but then again i dont know either of you
Know Thy Hog

Old 19th October 2011
XLF Enforcer.

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 883N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2010
Other Motorcycle Model: Kawasaki
Other Motorcycle Year: 2001
ElectricCityIron is a name known to allElectricCityIron is a name known to allElectricCityIron is a name known to allElectricCityIron is a name known to allElectricCityIron is a name known to allElectricCityIron is a name known to allElectricCityIron is a name known to allElectricCityIron is a name known to allElectricCityIron is a name known to allElectricCityIron is a name known to allElectricCityIron is a name known to all

If shes got a kid she shouldnt be doing that kinda stuff anymore...Time for her to grow up and raise her kid....sounds like she was doing that till the whole stripper bikini thing came about...
Old 19th October 2011
Senior Chief Know It All 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200N
il67bp is a name known to allil67bp is a name known to allil67bp is a name known to allil67bp is a name known to allil67bp is a name known to allil67bp is a name known to allil67bp is a name known to allil67bp is a name known to allil67bp is a name known to allil67bp is a name known to allil67bp is a name known to all

one other thing ive found that helps is helping other people.. forcing yourself to think about another person in need..could be anything from donating time to a senior home focusing on a friend or family member that needs help. doesnt need to be just that stuff but i think you get what im saying. i know your in the military. maybe helping vets somehow or their families?
Old 19th October 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 1250 Hammer Hugger
Sportster/Buell Year: 1997
Gcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond repute

Move on and don't look back. Life's too short.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading . "
--Thomas Jefferson

Hammer Performance 1250 kit w/ 30* Reverse Dome Pistons, Smash Level 883 Heads w/ 1.770 Intake/ 1.615 Exhaust & PAC Alloy Beehive Spring Pack, Impact 560 Lift Cams, Hammer Billet Aluminum Intake Manifold, Air Hammer Naked Billet Air Cleaner w/ 3" K&N Element, Mikuni HSR 42, Dynatek 2000P Ignition, Energy One Clutch w/ 15% Diaphram, Muller Power Clutch, Basanni Road Rage 2-1 Exhaust w/ 4" Performance Machine Billet Tip. Drag Specialties 8-Bolt Encapsulated Rotor, Cycle Electric Regulator and Stator.
Old 19th October 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: xl1218rr turbo
Sportster/Buell Year: 1993
rottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond repute

You need to live your life and not worry if you run into her. I would never let anyone steel my joy or life. She may need the attention because of the things that happened before you met and one day she will either get over it or not. It is easy money and she may need it. Who knows, you probably figured out using the word stripperish to a girlfriend is not a good idea. There are lots of great women out there and one will be right for you. This is not meant to be and be glad that you did not have more invested in it.
Spoiled but definitely not rotten. Started life as a black 1993, 1200 Now-1218, Home ported 2009 FI heads, Andrews N6 cams, Dyna2Ki, JMC aluminum swingarm, Chainsikle custom mid forward controls, GBC inverted front end, 3 degree wide-glide trees and 5 degree raked cups. 18x3.5 fatspoke rear with 150/60 and 21x3.5 with 120/70.
Old 19th October 2011
Land Speed Record

Sportster/Buell Model: Nightster
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Nightster
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2007
NI-STR is a splendid one to beholdNI-STR is a splendid one to beholdNI-STR is a splendid one to beholdNI-STR is a splendid one to beholdNI-STR is a splendid one to beholdNI-STR is a splendid one to beholdNI-STR is a splendid one to beholdNI-STR is a splendid one to beholdNI-STR is a splendid one to beholdNI-STR is a splendid one to beholdNI-STR is a splendid one to behold

Let her go. Obviously she isn't ready for an adult relationship. If she flips out because you tell her how you feel.......????? She wasn't the one for you. Chalk it up to experience.
And Ralph is right....... stripperish IS a poor choice of words..........chalk that up to experience too
Know Thy Hog