The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Zipper's Performance  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > Ironhead Sportster Motorcycle Talk (1957-1985)
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Ironhead Sportster Motorcycle Talk (1957-1985) For all those that wanna talk about Ironhead Sportster Motorcycles

Members Birthdays
go2fast (61), SixMilesFromHell (56), thespis (56), julian (52), chopperdave (50), shawn4057 (42), KC_Sporty_Gal (40), david04883 (32)
S&S Cycle
Energy One Clutches
RYCA Motors
RYCA Motors

Bison Motorsports
Tags
clutch, mikuni

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th October 2011
Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: 1973 Ironhead
Other Motorcycle Model: 00' Kawasaki ZX-7R
Other Motorcycle Year: 76
MegaDON has a spectacular aura aboutMegaDON has a spectacular aura aboutMegaDON has a spectacular aura aboutMegaDON has a spectacular aura aboutMegaDON has a spectacular aura aboutMegaDON has a spectacular aura aboutMegaDON has a spectacular aura aboutMegaDON has a spectacular aura about

Thanks Piniongear,

I will take that into consideration. I will mess around with it this weekend. I have a set of removable baffels im going to install first, Reading around, someone mentioned that the straight pipes might need more back pressure, if those dont work, ill move on to the carb.

I will post my results when I can.
Old 29th October 2011
Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XLCH
Sportster/Buell Year: 1971
Other Motorcycle Model: FXDL
Other Motorcycle Year: 2003
piniongear is a name known to allpiniongear is a name known to allpiniongear is a name known to allpiniongear is a name known to allpiniongear is a name known to allpiniongear is a name known to allpiniongear is a name known to allpiniongear is a name known to allpiniongear is a name known to allpiniongear is a name known to allpiniongear is a name known to all

OK, let's see what happens.
The baffles are a good thing to have but I do not know if I agree that they are needed for proper 'back pressure'.
A 40 inch long straight pipe gives an ironhead all the back pressure necessary to run strong.
Believe me, I have ridden many an ironhead with unbaffled straight pipes in my time and never had problems..... other than with the Lawman.
.pg