The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Foxcreek Leather  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > OFF TOPIC > Human Relationships - Marriage, Dating, the Single Life
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Human Relationships - Marriage, Dating, the Single Life This is where you can discuss human relations topicsthat are important to you. Please keep the discussion intelligent and remember EVERYONE has their own opinion.

DO NOT LET YOUR DISCUSSIONS HERE BLEED INTO THE OPEN FORUMS!!!

Members Birthdays
jenks60 (59), Hammer of God (53), billas 100th (50), sam19 (49), ivory hunter (46), cumnz (45), TJ Willy (41), SINdicated (35), XRavenX (32)
Burly
Figure Machine
Lowbrow Customs
Superbrace

NRHS Performance Long 2

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st November 2011
Master Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XR 1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
Other Motorcycle Model: Kawasaki GPz 750
Other Motorcycle Year: 1984
cafe_dave is a glorious beacon of lightcafe_dave is a glorious beacon of lightcafe_dave is a glorious beacon of lightcafe_dave is a glorious beacon of lightcafe_dave is a glorious beacon of lightcafe_dave is a glorious beacon of lightcafe_dave is a glorious beacon of lightcafe_dave is a glorious beacon of lightcafe_dave is a glorious beacon of lightcafe_dave is a glorious beacon of lightcafe_dave is a glorious beacon of light

I to agree,,,,,,His choice was not to have you in is life, your actions should be on the relationship you have with the people you are dealing with. Not what you had.

Catching a Yellow-Jacket in your shirt at 70mph
can double your vocabulary

In the morning,,Your motorcycle won't poke you in the back when it wants to ride
Old 1st November 2011
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 Custom *sold*
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
Other Motorcycle Model: Deluxe
Other Motorcycle Year: 2010
ali_squidz is a splendid one to beholdali_squidz is a splendid one to beholdali_squidz is a splendid one to beholdali_squidz is a splendid one to beholdali_squidz is a splendid one to beholdali_squidz is a splendid one to beholdali_squidz is a splendid one to beholdali_squidz is a splendid one to beholdali_squidz is a splendid one to beholdali_squidz is a splendid one to beholdali_squidz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterWheel View Post
Find the family member you know he would trust and transfer all responsibility to that individual. Then walk away!
This isn't cold. He chose to leave and sever ties, This was an unforseen situation. We all symapthize with his predicament, but you are no longer responsible for him.
I'd even venture to say, he probably wouldn't have made it this far without you.
I know for a fact he wouldn't be this far without me. Its upsetting to see him going right back to the old ways though.
I just keep thinking... What would he do? He MIGHT stop and see me once or twice. That’s about it.
Old 1st November 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH 1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 1993
Other Motorcycle Model: Moto Guzzi California EV
Other Motorcycle Year: 1998
jharback has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali_squidz View Post
you dont think thats cold? I know I have to protect myself. I spent the last 6 months putting a wall up to protect myself from the hurt he caused. Now I feel like it's all coming back.
Ali, he obviously decided it was over. So I would follow his wishes and put him behind you. You owe him nothing. He has a family to support him. Leave it alone or you'll regret it. Start anew and enjoy life.

Jim in Italy
'93 1200
4"Extended Jaybrake Forward Controls
Wide Wishbone Girder Front End
Super E Carb w/Forcewinder Air Cleaner
WetDreamz Pipes
Holographic Metal Flake Paint Job
Four Piston Jaybrake Calipers front & back
16" Carlini Apes
Old 1st November 2011
Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Buell XB12sCG - (Totaled)
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2008
Other Motorcycle Model: XL883L
Other Motorcycle Year: 2008
HD_XL rider has a reputation beyond reputeHD_XL rider has a reputation beyond reputeHD_XL rider has a reputation beyond reputeHD_XL rider has a reputation beyond reputeHD_XL rider has a reputation beyond reputeHD_XL rider has a reputation beyond reputeHD_XL rider has a reputation beyond reputeHD_XL rider has a reputation beyond reputeHD_XL rider has a reputation beyond reputeHD_XL rider has a reputation beyond reputeHD_XL rider has a reputation beyond repute

Don't be more emotionally vested than he is. That helps no one - Least of all you. Have common compassion, but no more. He's moved on. Now it's your turn
Old 1st November 2011
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: xl883n
Sportster/Buell Year: 2011
bjvettenut79 is a glorious beacon of lightbjvettenut79 is a glorious beacon of lightbjvettenut79 is a glorious beacon of lightbjvettenut79 is a glorious beacon of lightbjvettenut79 is a glorious beacon of lightbjvettenut79 is a glorious beacon of lightbjvettenut79 is a glorious beacon of lightbjvettenut79 is a glorious beacon of lightbjvettenut79 is a glorious beacon of lightbjvettenut79 is a glorious beacon of lightbjvettenut79 is a glorious beacon of light

i agree transfer all to a relative and then leave him cold and alone. i would do anything for a fellow biker but if he treated you like that then you need to go!!!!
Know Thy Hog

Old 1st November 2011
Flat Track Racer

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 Roadster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
nuke is a name known to allnuke is a name known to allnuke is a name known to allnuke is a name known to allnuke is a name known to allnuke is a name known to allnuke is a name known to allnuke is a name known to allnuke is a name known to allnuke is a name known to allnuke is a name known to all

One the other hand, if it were someone we had/have feelings for we might not be so "cold". It is much easier for us to "say" than for any of us to "do".

The upside of our advice is I don't think he will feel ill of you if you take our approach. If he thinks like we do, he will respect the fact that you are trying to help him even though he did you wrong.
Old 1st November 2011
JESTER SYNDICATE

Sportster/Buell Model: NRHS Stage II 1250-R
Rico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond repute

He does not deserve you Ali...he walked away. Do yourself a favor, and don't saddle yourself with this burden.
Old 1st November 2011
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 C Chopper
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 1200 R
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 08
Other Motorcycle Model: XLH 1000
Other Motorcycle Year: 79
Likemlouder has a reputation beyond reputeLikemlouder has a reputation beyond reputeLikemlouder has a reputation beyond reputeLikemlouder has a reputation beyond reputeLikemlouder has a reputation beyond reputeLikemlouder has a reputation beyond reputeLikemlouder has a reputation beyond reputeLikemlouder has a reputation beyond reputeLikemlouder has a reputation beyond reputeLikemlouder has a reputation beyond reputeLikemlouder has a reputation beyond repute

Not Your Problem ! do the Right thing until you can have his family transfered to his personal care. but Don"t get emotionally invovolved. remember he was well and in his right mind when he made the choice to leave. You deserve a life too.

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/33uvl1i.jpg[/IMG]
Old 1st November 2011
an obsession handed down

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 C
rubyred has a brilliant futurerubyred has a brilliant futurerubyred has a brilliant futurerubyred has a brilliant futurerubyred has a brilliant futurerubyred has a brilliant futurerubyred has a brilliant futurerubyred has a brilliant futurerubyred has a brilliant futurerubyred has a brilliant futurerubyred has a brilliant future

I agree with everyone else here...do what you need to with the medical info given to you (pass it on and let his family decide) He chose for you to be out of the equation and probably forgot about the advanced directive. It will be hard to do that I realize....the heart wants what the heart wants, but let your head do the talking. As woman, we are much more emotional, but to save yourself grief and pain I would throw up some emotional distance.

Taxes are paid!

...Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right...~Robert Hunter/Jerry Garcia
Old 1st November 2011
Devoted Life Behind Barz

Sportster/Buell Model: Highly modified 1200 c
Sportster/Buell Year: 01
Other Motorcycle Model: FLHX H-D Street glide
Other Motorcycle Year: 2013
xllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond repute

Be the better person, have compassion but it's time to move on with your life without looking back to what happened in the past!
Know Thy Hog