The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum MOTOSPORT  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > GENERAL AREA > Organize a Ride-out or find a riding buddy
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Organize a Ride-out or find a riding buddy Here is where you can organize your local ride-outs or search for a new riding buddy.

Members Birthdays
Biltwell
Superbrace
Foxcreek Leather
Superbrace

Superbrace

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th April 2012
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200 N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
etrigan is a jewel in the roughetrigan is a jewel in the roughetrigan is a jewel in the roughetrigan is a jewel in the roughetrigan is a jewel in the roughetrigan is a jewel in the roughetrigan is a jewel in the roughetrigan is a jewel in the roughetrigan is a jewel in the roughetrigan is a jewel in the roughetrigan is a jewel in the rough
Question Brazilian riding around US

Hey guys,

I'm 24 yo and I'm planing my first trip to US to ride around by the end of the year. I don't really have a plan (neither departure nor arrival yet) and that's why i'm creating this thread.

I'll have 20 days to ride (starting on november 3) and would like some tips, routes and great places/roads to know.

My first plan was to arrive in NY and ride to FL, but nothing closed yet...

the main questions are:

- is it a good idea to ride around in november (in terms of weather)?
- where do you guys recommend me to go? Why?

tks!
Old 5th April 2012
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: Nightster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
Other Motorcycle Model: Yamaha XS 750 E
Other Motorcycle Year: 1978
K3vl4r is just really niceK3vl4r is just really niceK3vl4r is just really niceK3vl4r is just really niceK3vl4r is just really niceK3vl4r is just really niceK3vl4r is just really niceK3vl4r is just really niceK3vl4r is just really niceK3vl4r is just really niceK3vl4r is just really nice

Come to the SouthWest, weather is always good for riding. If you pop into Vegas, I can point you around and give you a bed.
Old 5th April 2012
Know It All

etrigan is a jewel in the roughetrigan is a jewel in the roughetrigan is a jewel in the roughetrigan is a jewel in the roughetrigan is a jewel in the roughetrigan is a jewel in the roughetrigan is a jewel in the roughetrigan is a jewel in the roughetrigan is a jewel in the roughetrigan is a jewel in the roughetrigan is a jewel in the rough

cheers dude!
that's certainly a great option!
Old 5th April 2012
Senior Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 1995
Sportster/Buell Model #2: S3T Thunderbolt
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2000
Airbozo has a brilliant futureAirbozo has a brilliant futureAirbozo has a brilliant futureAirbozo has a brilliant futureAirbozo has a brilliant futureAirbozo has a brilliant futureAirbozo has a brilliant futureAirbozo has a brilliant futureAirbozo has a brilliant futureAirbozo has a brilliant futureAirbozo has a brilliant future

November in New York is not really riding weather unless you have studded tires... LOL!
Old 5th April 2012
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
Other Motorcycle Model: Yamaha XS 750 E
Other Motorcycle Year: 1978
K3vl4r is just really niceK3vl4r is just really niceK3vl4r is just really niceK3vl4r is just really niceK3vl4r is just really niceK3vl4r is just really niceK3vl4r is just really niceK3vl4r is just really niceK3vl4r is just really niceK3vl4r is just really niceK3vl4r is just really nice

I took a trip in 2010 from Santa Monica, CA to Jacksonville, FL. Hell of a ride, tons to see. I would really say that you might want to pick a few landmarks if you want to see something, because 20 days is not nearly enough to see this whole damn place, always something new around the corner. We went out to FL and back in 15 days and there was alot of good scenery but didnt really stop and do the touristy thing. So a shorter length trip may be in order if you want to soak up the local stuff, but if youre in it for the ride and the scenery, id say drive across the US and up or down one of the coasts....Highway 1 in Cali is beautiful, but ive heard the highway to Key West is an experience as well....

If you're out in November, most of the norther parts of the country are probably going to be nasty and/or cold, but Im sure someone thats been there can vouch for it, id say stay along the southern border and bundle up.

Sure you can't make it out here in the summer?
Know Thy Hog

Old 5th April 2012
Know It All

unfortunately i cant...
my vacation is planned to november, and i really need some... last time i had a vacation was in jan/2009. Backpacked by myself in europe, had a great time there...
if the weather is shitty in november, i'd probably go somewhere else. maybe backpacking around here, in south america: argetina, chile, peru...
Old 5th April 2012
Assistant Administrator

Sportster/Buell Model: 1212 conversion/497 cams
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
xena has a reputation beyond reputexena has a reputation beyond reputexena has a reputation beyond reputexena has a reputation beyond reputexena has a reputation beyond reputexena has a reputation beyond reputexena has a reputation beyond reputexena has a reputation beyond reputexena has a reputation beyond reputexena has a reputation beyond reputexena has a reputation beyond repute

Temps are normally chilly in November (Fall) up
here in the Northeast, and most of the upper
portion of the U.S. You might plan your route in the
South and Southwestern part of the Country like
the others have suggested if you're planning for Fall.

XLF Rules/Guidelines

XLF Guidelines II
*¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ (¸.•*´¯`*•--->Xena
1212 Conversion 10:1 CR
SE 497 Cams
Python 3 Slip ons
TC88A running Xena's Black Panther Map

My 1212 Conversion Thread
XL Forum Members Map

Old 6th April 2012
Biker

vpcornejo is an unknown quantity at this point

I really recommend highway 1 in California. You can start close to Mexico and ride all the way up. It's an amazing route with landmarks, big cities and towns. Plenty of guides exist online. Just look up the pacific coast highway.

My family is also from Cusco, Peru so that is always awesome.
Old 9th April 2012
Know It All

that's nice!!
thanks guys for the tips!
i already heard about highway 1. it's a great option too...
Old 10th April 2012
Know It All

hey, what you guys think about this route?
MAP
Know Thy Hog