The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Bike Bandit  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > OFF TOPIC > Human Relationships - Marriage, Dating, the Single Life
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Human Relationships - Marriage, Dating, the Single Life This is where you can discuss human relations topicsthat are important to you. Please keep the discussion intelligent and remember EVERYONE has their own opinion.

DO NOT LET YOUR DISCUSSIONS HERE BLEED INTO THE OPEN FORUMS!!!

Members Birthdays
Cherrylady2 (58), kkbii (51), Cholo, Quebeker, poboy_27 (43), jay 21 (41), Matt-04-883 (40), timhypo (39), harleybuell2000 (38), Biker-Dale (36)
Motor Stage
Licks Cycles
DK Customs
RYCA Motors

NRHS Performance Long 2

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd January 2012
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200 R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Buell Uly (sold)
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2009
Other Motorcycle Model: 2010 Ural Patrol(sold)
Phaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond repute

got me a date for Friday, and she rides a motorcycle.

Might not make it to MI

I kid
Old 2nd January 2012
Devoted Life Behind Barz

Sportster/Buell Model: Highly modified 1200 c
Sportster/Buell Year: 01
Other Motorcycle Model: FLHX H-D Street glide
Other Motorcycle Year: 2013
xllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond repute

Stay single, raise your kids the same..

my good buddy who passed away in 04 at 44 yrs old (RIP Dave Ulmer you are missed) that was his motto to live by, funny thing is..his wife was drop dead gorgeous
Old 2nd January 2012

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200 R
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Buell Uly (sold)
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2009
Other Motorcycle Model: 2010 Ural Patrol(sold)
Phaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xllent01 View Post
Stay single, raise your kids the same..

my good buddy who passed away in 04 at 44 yrs old (RIP Dave Ulmer you are missed) that was his motto to live by, funny thing is..his wife was drop dead gorgeous
Does she ride?
Old 2nd January 2012
Devoted Life Behind Barz

Sportster/Buell Model: Highly modified 1200 c
Sportster/Buell Year: 01
Other Motorcycle Model: FLHX H-D Street glide
Other Motorcycle Year: 2013
xllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by paralegalpete View Post
Does she ride?
She's widowed but re-married now, YES she does ride..my buddy Dave had one of the first Harley Fatboy's when it came out in 1993
Old 2nd January 2012
Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: XB9SX
Other Motorcycle Model: Bicycles (Daily Rider)
Other Motorcycle Year: 2009
LifesHarlequin is a jewel in the roughLifesHarlequin is a jewel in the roughLifesHarlequin is a jewel in the roughLifesHarlequin is a jewel in the roughLifesHarlequin is a jewel in the roughLifesHarlequin is a jewel in the roughLifesHarlequin is a jewel in the roughLifesHarlequin is a jewel in the roughLifesHarlequin is a jewel in the roughLifesHarlequin is a jewel in the roughLifesHarlequin is a jewel in the rough

Online gaming... oddly enough. We both played a MUD (all text Multi-User Dungeon..think WoW, only VASTLY MORE COMPLICATED, and you have to type all your commands, and read the system's and other players' responses.) called Imperian. I was in college at Tennessee Tech University, and she lived outside Dallas, TX. A friend of mine had started to talk to her, and sent me her old AOL profile. I was smitten at first sight, and sent her a friendly message in AOL IM, but left my friend to try first. After 6 months of him not making any progress, she messaged me out of the blue, our characters were married in game, and we started talking about meeting up.

I took my Camaro from Nashville, TN, down to Dallas, TX, about every other weekend to stay the weekend with her, and then finally she lived with me for the last few weeks before I headed off to bootcamp. One of those whirlwind romances where neither of us asked, but marriage was implied, so after bootcamp and A-school, I flew her out to Norfolk, VA, where we were married by a Justice of the Peace at Norfolk Courthouse.

Unfortunately, I had no place to put the wife as I was still out of the barracks, and in a few months I was due to ship out for temporary duty to Italy for 6 months. 6 weeks before I left, I found us a nice cozy apartment in a major retail area. The wife still doesn't have a driver's license, so I need her close to all the right shops. We lived literally behind a Walmart... Took leave, and used a Navy program that allows me to move my goods from home at the expense of the DoD, and took a Budget truck from Dallas to Nashville and finally to Norfolk.

Due to military requirements, we only spent about 9 months together out of the first 2 years of marriage, but its been 7 years later now, and like all relationships, we've had our highs and lows, but we are still very happily married.

Old 2nd January 2012
Senior Chief Harley Engineer

Gone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Pete, I'm in the same situation. Married 25yrs. single 11. The game has changed. It seems women put down on the want list everything they never had in previous relationships. I've almost resigned myself to being single. Let me know if you find something that works.
Old 2nd January 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 1250 Hammer Hugger
Sportster/Buell Year: 1997
Gcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond repute

I went a couple years in between my 1st and 2nd wives.
Funny thing is, because my 1st marriage was soooooo bad, I wasn't even looking for anyone or anything when I met my 2nd and current wife. I ran into a buddy at a hotel bar one night when I was out making my rounds. They were just freinds having a social drink. Being polite, he introduced us and the rest is history. Been together 19 years, married for 18 years. Great girl.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading . "
--Thomas Jefferson

Hammer Performance 1250 kit w/ 30* Reverse Dome Pistons, Smash Level 883 Heads w/ 1.770 Intake/ 1.615 Exhaust & PAC Alloy Beehive Spring Pack, Impact 560 Lift Cams, Hammer Billet Aluminum Intake Manifold, Air Hammer Naked Billet Air Cleaner w/ 3" K&N Element, Mikuni HSR 42, Dynatek 2000P Ignition, Energy One Clutch w/ 15% Diaphram, Muller Power Clutch, Basanni Road Rage 2-1 Exhaust w/ 4" Performance Machine Billet Tip. Drag Specialties 8-Bolt Encapsulated Rotor, Cycle Electric Regulator and Stator.
Old 2nd January 2012

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster 1200R (totalled
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Other Motorcycle Model: FXDC
Other Motorcycle Year: 2008
PlanB has a brilliant futurePlanB has a brilliant futurePlanB has a brilliant futurePlanB has a brilliant futurePlanB has a brilliant futurePlanB has a brilliant futurePlanB has a brilliant futurePlanB has a brilliant futurePlanB has a brilliant futurePlanB has a brilliant futurePlanB has a brilliant future

There's quite a few dating sites specifically for bike enthusiasts...here's a few samples but there's lots more; these sites give you something in common right away!

http://new.bikerornot.com/

http://www.bikerkiss.com/

http://www.motorcyclesinglesclub.com/

http://www.singlemotorcycle.com/

http://bikerdatingonline.net/motorcycle-singles.php

http://www.onlinedatingaccess.com/biker-singles.html

http://www.bikermatesearch.com/blog/...ngles-dating-2
Old 3rd January 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1460C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2000
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: XLH
Other Motorcycle Year: 1972
sportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond repute

Pete: Good luck Friday, although we will miss you at the show..........unless your new friend would be interested in it as well. We do have extra tickets.
I.B.A.#26543, Old age and treachery ALWAYS overcome youth and skill! ******** Growing old-Mandatory/ Growing up-optional. Men do not quit playing because they get old, they grow old because they quit playing
Old 3rd January 2012
Peat moss

Sportster/Buell Model: sportsterR
Sportster/Buell Year: 2105
Other Motorcycle Model: 82 1000sz katana
Other Motorcycle Year: abov
Ireeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond repute

right............