The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Cruiser Customizing  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > Ironhead Sportster Motorcycle Talk (1957-1985)
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Ironhead Sportster Motorcycle Talk (1957-1985) For all those that wanna talk about Ironhead Sportster Motorcycles

Members Birthdays
jenks60 (59), Hammer of God (53), billas 100th (50), sam19 (49), ivory hunter (46), cumnz (45), TJ Willy (41), SINdicated (35), XRavenX (32)
Foxcreek Leather
NHRS Performance
Biltwell
DK Customs

Lowbrow Customs

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th May 2013
Senior Chief Harley Engineer 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: dragbike
Sportster/Buell Year: 1960
mrmom9r is a glorious beacon of lightmrmom9r is a glorious beacon of lightmrmom9r is a glorious beacon of lightmrmom9r is a glorious beacon of lightmrmom9r is a glorious beacon of lightmrmom9r is a glorious beacon of lightmrmom9r is a glorious beacon of lightmrmom9r is a glorious beacon of lightmrmom9r is a glorious beacon of lightmrmom9r is a glorious beacon of lightmrmom9r is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
I know some will say its not relative but...

Ever kick start a little 2 stroke 80cc engine.
The compression is low and kicker resistance is very minimal.
I used to be able to start mine w/ my hand when I was 11.
I'm sure some of you guys have done the same.
I don't think a longer kicker arm on a 2 stroke 80cc engine like in this scenario would allow you to spin the engine faster do you?

I think there is a terminal length for our purposes depending on the requirements.
Too short, you can't generate enough force or speed.
Too long and force is easily applied but speed is lost.

Oh by the way, project is looking great Monte.
Not relative?? How can it not be relative? Your 80 has 6.6% of the displacement, it's 6.6% relative- but probably not much more than that.

Apples and oranges anyone?

Congrats Monte ! A 4 5/8 is my favorite motor for a lot of reasons.

You're gonna have a fun summer. It's a shame the blvd. isn't full of Z-1's anymore.

Feeling a little motivation for the 86" yet?
Old 13th May 2013
Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XLCH
Sportster/Buell Year: 61
Other Motorcycle Model: Superglide
Other Motorcycle Year: 74
MDT is a name known to allMDT is a name known to allMDT is a name known to allMDT is a name known to allMDT is a name known to allMDT is a name known to allMDT is a name known to allMDT is a name known to allMDT is a name known to allMDT is a name known to allMDT is a name known to all

That's funny, one of the first things I remember about my stroker in 1976, was looking for Z-1's and other "street rockets" of the day.
Old 13th May 2013
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Year: 1969
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 1966 XLCH
Other Motorcycle Model: BMW Twin
Other Motorcycle Year: 82
Monte03 is just really niceMonte03 is just really niceMonte03 is just really niceMonte03 is just really niceMonte03 is just really niceMonte03 is just really niceMonte03 is just really niceMonte03 is just really niceMonte03 is just really niceMonte03 is just really niceMonte03 is just really nice

No Z-1s, I'm just Happy to Experience This after all these Years..74 cubes with 400 lbs is a Happy Place at the time, It all becomes clear, It's like a Long Ass Lever moving the Same Rock.. Thanks Everyone.. I will follow up
Old 14th May 2013

Sportster/Buell Model: xlch
Sportster/Buell Year: 1960
brucstoudt is a name known to allbrucstoudt is a name known to allbrucstoudt is a name known to allbrucstoudt is a name known to allbrucstoudt is a name known to allbrucstoudt is a name known to allbrucstoudt is a name known to allbrucstoudt is a name known to allbrucstoudt is a name known to allbrucstoudt is a name known to allbrucstoudt is a name known to all

exciting to hear about your first voyage,M3. after it's broken in,you're going to love it when the front wheel lift's a,foot off the ground when you nail second gear.
72 1000cc barrels and heads, s&s 41/2'' flywheels, sifton cams, s&s super B w/ zippers thunderjet w/yost powertube, andrews gears,and shafts, competition engineering kevlar wet or dry clutch, 72 oil pump, morris magneto w/auto advance and single fire module, cycle electric generator w/electronic regulator,73 cu.in.
Old 14th May 2013
Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: xlh
Sportster/Buell Year: 1976
ratt2y has a spectacular aura aboutratt2y has a spectacular aura aboutratt2y has a spectacular aura aboutratt2y has a spectacular aura aboutratt2y has a spectacular aura aboutratt2y has a spectacular aura aboutratt2y has a spectacular aura aboutratt2y has a spectacular aura aboutratt2y has a spectacular aura about

now don,t that feel good! I think you might be gearing up before to long?good job bro.
Know Thy Hog

Old 14th May 2013
Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: Xlh
Sportster/Buell Year: 1967
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLCH
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 6566
Other Motorcycle Model: XLH
Other Motorcycle Year: 1958
Model H is just really niceModel H is just really niceModel H is just really niceModel H is just really niceModel H is just really niceModel H is just really niceModel H is just really niceModel H is just really niceModel H is just really niceModel H is just really niceModel H is just really nice

Monte, Welcome to the wonderful world of strokers!
Old 14th May 2013

Sportster/Buell Model #2: 1966 XLCH
Other Motorcycle Model: BMW Twin
Other Motorcycle Year: 82
Monte03 is just really niceMonte03 is just really niceMonte03 is just really niceMonte03 is just really niceMonte03 is just really niceMonte03 is just really niceMonte03 is just really niceMonte03 is just really niceMonte03 is just really niceMonte03 is just really niceMonte03 is just really nice
Default Model H Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Model H View Post
Monte, Welcome to the wonderful world of strokers!
Thanks, looking to get the bike Road Ready for a Real Local Ride by this Saturday, If you are free give me a call...
Old 14th May 2013
Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: Xlh
Sportster/Buell Year: 1967
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLCH
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 6566
Other Motorcycle Model: XLH
Other Motorcycle Year: 1958
Model H is just really niceModel H is just really niceModel H is just really niceModel H is just really niceModel H is just really niceModel H is just really niceModel H is just really niceModel H is just really niceModel H is just really niceModel H is just really niceModel H is just really nice

[/QUOTE]

Too bad that W is on the license plate.

Too Great!

Busy Saturday, but maybe Friday for a ride.
Old 14th May 2013
Senior Chief Know It All 3rd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: xlch sportster
snow is a name known to allsnow is a name known to allsnow is a name known to allsnow is a name known to allsnow is a name known to allsnow is a name known to allsnow is a name known to allsnow is a name known to allsnow is a name known to allsnow is a name known to allsnow is a name known to all

Jersey, right? Little too far for a weekend putt... one of these days. That is a sexy beast!
Old 14th May 2013
Flat Track Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: xlh
Sportster/Buell Year: 1975
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 84 xl paughco rigid
mct496 is a jewel in the roughmct496 is a jewel in the roughmct496 is a jewel in the roughmct496 is a jewel in the roughmct496 is a jewel in the roughmct496 is a jewel in the roughmct496 is a jewel in the roughmct496 is a jewel in the roughmct496 is a jewel in the roughmct496 is a jewel in the roughmct496 is a jewel in the rough
Default sexy is right

Quote:
Originally Posted by snow View Post
Jersey, right? Little too far for a weekend putt... one of these days. That is a sexy beast!
i just pleasured myself to pics of your bike
took all of about 60 seconds
all kidding aside sweet scooter m3 sure it was well worth the wait
reminds me of someones signature here [name is slipping my mind ]goes something like" when your on top of something you built your on top of the world"
Know Thy Hog