The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Get Lowered  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Intake and Exhaust > Sportster Motorcycle Air intake, Carburetor, EFI, Fuel, and Exhaust
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Air intake, Carburetor, EFI, Fuel, and Exhaust Problems, advice and/or how tos for Sporster and Buell motorcycle carburators, Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI), Air Intake, Fuel and Exhaust.

Members Birthdays
Cadrien, boyett (64), gulp2000a (60), soulshaker (51), eddien (44), sfxtech (36), 61Comet (36), Rix (35)
DK Customs
BIKE BUILDER
Licks Cycles
Energy One Clutches

Fix My Hog

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th January 2005
Biker

55 Jr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Velocity Stack info for a Dumb Guy

Hey all.

So looking at my post count you may think I'm quite new here.

Not so.

My last ID "Brine" did not survive the change over.

No big deal, anyway I found you guys and I'm glad to be back.

Now some questions:

I've always liked the look of a bike with a velocity stack but I don't know squat about them.

First, how well do they breathe?

They any good at filtering? Or do you clean out the filter after every ride?
(They do filter right?....Fine screen I mean)

Where do you get one for a stock 40mm CV?

Do they look stupid on a stock carb? Do I need some (lots?) of chrome to pull this off?

I'm looking at doing a stage I this winter and beatin a Fat guy on a Valkarie next year.

(Remember me now?)

Thanks for your time and consideration!

Best regards,

Brian

Last edited by 55 Jr; 6th January 2005 at 22:38.. Reason: Typo
Old 6th January 2005
Super Moderator

Sportster/Buell Model: 883/1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2000
Other Motorcycle Model: Harley Heritage
Other Motorcycle Year: 2007
Shu is a splendid one to beholdShu is a splendid one to beholdShu is a splendid one to beholdShu is a splendid one to beholdShu is a splendid one to beholdShu is a splendid one to beholdShu is a splendid one to beholdShu is a splendid one to beholdShu is a splendid one to beholdShu is a splendid one to beholdShu is a splendid one to behold

I'm pretty sure most of the Velocity Stacks I've seen have a screen outside, but a foam sort of filter behind???? However, because they lack surface area, the filter media must be rather unrestrictive and therefore most likely lmore dirt is going to be getting into the engine. Since that is what causes significant wear on the cylinders, I would really check the one you are interested in carefully keeping this in mind.

GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
Screamin' Eagle 10:1 pistons
Stage 2 883 heads
Screamin' Eagle .497" cams
Screamin' Eagle Mikuni HSR42
Thunderheader
Forcewinder