The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum GL Sporster  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > XR Sportster Motorcycle Talk - XR750, XR1000, XR1200
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Notices

XR Sportster Motorcycle Talk - XR750, XR1000, XR1200 For XR Sportsters: XR750, XR1000, XR1200

Members Birthdays
jojo, 5lv (66), BobbyB (60), BigBrotherWatching (52), black1200r (45), Jnomad72 (42), michigan113 (39), xl1200c (33)
RYCA Motors
Biltwell
NHRS Performance
DK Customs

Lowbrow Customs

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th February 2012
Drag Race Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: XLCH
Sportster/Buell Year: 1961
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XR 750
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1980
Other Motorcycle Model: XR 1000
Other Motorcycle Year: 1983
German61xlch is a glorious beacon of lightGerman61xlch is a glorious beacon of lightGerman61xlch is a glorious beacon of lightGerman61xlch is a glorious beacon of lightGerman61xlch is a glorious beacon of lightGerman61xlch is a glorious beacon of lightGerman61xlch is a glorious beacon of lightGerman61xlch is a glorious beacon of lightGerman61xlch is a glorious beacon of lightGerman61xlch is a glorious beacon of lightGerman61xlch is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsoberg View Post
My first thought and maybe what is done here, but my understanding is Andreas switched the whole unit (as of his text)? Wouldnīt mind getting one if itīs an original XLCR unit!
Yes, this is an original XLCR unit. I bought it from a friend in US, because I īd like to keep all original parts unchanged for any reason in the future. But basically you can grind, switch and reweld the original one.

Best,
Andreas
Old 5th February 2012
Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: Custom Sputhe XR
Sportster/Buell Year: 19**
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLCH
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1965
chevelle is a name known to allchevelle is a name known to allchevelle is a name known to allchevelle is a name known to allchevelle is a name known to allchevelle is a name known to allchevelle is a name known to allchevelle is a name known to allchevelle is a name known to allchevelle is a name known to allchevelle is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by German61xlch View Post
a.f.a.i.r. around 500,-
You can ask Black Widow Cams, these cams should be still available...
Did they give you the specs and or graphing of the lobes over 720* on these?
Old 5th February 2012
Drag Race Champion

German61xlch is a glorious beacon of lightGerman61xlch is a glorious beacon of lightGerman61xlch is a glorious beacon of lightGerman61xlch is a glorious beacon of lightGerman61xlch is a glorious beacon of lightGerman61xlch is a glorious beacon of lightGerman61xlch is a glorious beacon of lightGerman61xlch is a glorious beacon of lightGerman61xlch is a glorious beacon of lightGerman61xlch is a glorious beacon of lightGerman61xlch is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
Did they give you the specs and or graphing of the lobes over 720* on these?
No, I just try it. Seems to be a guy with lots of experience and selling these cams for years. As he told me these should be better than the original HD-E-cams.
Old 9th February 2012
Custom Bike Builder

chevelle is a name known to allchevelle is a name known to allchevelle is a name known to allchevelle is a name known to allchevelle is a name known to allchevelle is a name known to allchevelle is a name known to allchevelle is a name known to allchevelle is a name known to allchevelle is a name known to allchevelle is a name known to all

Quote:
No, I just try it. Seems to be a guy with lots of experience and selling these cams for years. As he told me these should be better than the original HD-E-cams.
I have been trying to get him to let me know the specs of these "E" cams
What are the HD specs and at what lift are they taken?.
All he said was they are HD Specs w/ a broader nose radius?
Have you done the head work to make these fit?
Do you know what to set the TDC clearance to?
Old 9th February 2012
Drag Race Champion

These did fit without any mods. Bolt on...
The specs of the original HD E-cams I ve seen sometimes ago in the www, but cant remember exactly where.
Will tell you more after a first ride.
A
Know Thy Hog

Old 10th February 2012
Custom Bike Builder

Quote:
These did fit without any mods. Bolt on...
The specs of the original HD E-cams I ve seen sometimes ago in the www, but cant remember exactly where.
Will tell you more after a first ride.
A
Finally got the specs from the guy at Blackwidow, after he was somewhat rude... anyway.
He said the lobe had a broader nose than factory E ....
I am not familiar w/ XR1000's head setup, but the TDC lifts on theses lobes are getting pretty radical, be cautious!

BW XR 1000 E CAMS
.444"/.444"
267*/269*
33/54 tdc .257
65/24 tdc .200
@.060"
Price is $525.00 + tax + freight
Old 10th February 2012
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: XR1000
Sportster/Buell Year: 1984
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XB12R
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2004
matsoberg is a glorious beacon of lightmatsoberg is a glorious beacon of lightmatsoberg is a glorious beacon of lightmatsoberg is a glorious beacon of lightmatsoberg is a glorious beacon of lightmatsoberg is a glorious beacon of lightmatsoberg is a glorious beacon of lightmatsoberg is a glorious beacon of lightmatsoberg is a glorious beacon of lightmatsoberg is a glorious beacon of lightmatsoberg is a glorious beacon of light

Chevelle

Here are the specīs I got from Jerry Branch with my set of Sifton E-cams in 1989. I ws told this was the numbers of the originals.

Old 10th February 2012
Custom Bike Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsoberg View Post
Chevelle

Here are the specīs I got from Jerry Branch with my set of Sifton E-cams in 1989. I ws told this was the numbers of the originals.

Thanks matsoberg,
Those TDC #'s look closer to bolt in.
So it seems that blackwidow or whoever they got the cams from has drastically changed the after spec lobe profile. The TDC lifts are pretty radical..... Be careful w/ these blackwidow socalled "E" XR cams.
Old 10th February 2012
Drag Race Champion

thanks for the numbers and the advise, I will doublecheck it....
Talk to you soon
A
Old 11th February 2012
Custom Bike Builder

Quote:
thanks for the numbers and the advise, I will doublecheck it....
Talk to you soon
A
Also when you get it running, you may need to experiment lashing the valves
(especially w/ these Blackwidow "E"'s)
On page 19 of Branches booklet, he explains this.

http://www.xr1000.de/external/manuals.html
Know Thy Hog