The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Mother Road Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE & BUELL MOTORCYCLE FORUM - GENERAL DISCUSSION > Product Reviews
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Product Reviews Here is where you can write up your own review of bikes, parts, or accessories.

Please do not post problems in here unless replying to a review. Please post problems with specific parts or accessories in their respective forum topics.

Members Birthdays
DK Customs
Energy One Clutches
Lickscycles
BIKE BUILDER

Foxcreek Leather

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th January 2012
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH 883 Anniversary
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
Bailey28 is an unknown quantity at this point

On my motocross goggles, pledge helps to form an anti fog coating on the inside of the lens.
Old 18th January 2012
I am the great Cornholio!

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: Suzuki GT550
Other Motorcycle Year: 1974
ParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond repute

Pilots have been using it on windshields for years. I use it on the windshield of my bike.

One of the best things to use for a cloth is an old t shirt. One of the worst things to use, especially on a plastic windshield, is paper towels. Paper is made from wood pulp and will put small scratches in the plastic.

Sturgis 2009
Around the Lakes 2010
Texas 2011
New England 2011
Wreaths Across America 2011
Labor Day 2012
My first rally - Void 7
Pensacola 2012
Forum trip to Boyer WV July 2013
Coast to Coast to Coast in 100 hours
Butt Lite 7 - 5700 miles in 6 days

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne - "The Shootist"
Old 18th January 2012
Assistant Administrator

Sportster/Buell Model: 1212 conversion/497 cams
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
xena has a reputation beyond reputexena has a reputation beyond reputexena has a reputation beyond reputexena has a reputation beyond reputexena has a reputation beyond reputexena has a reputation beyond reputexena has a reputation beyond reputexena has a reputation beyond reputexena has a reputation beyond reputexena has a reputation beyond reputexena has a reputation beyond repute

Oh crap I'll take your word for it. Read a quarter
of the way through all that mumbo and quickly
developed a headache. Thanks for posting the
technical data tho.

XLF Rules/Guidelines

XLF Guidelines II
*¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ (¸.•*´¯`*•--->Xena
1212 Conversion 10:1 CR
SE 497 Cams
Python 3 Slip ons
TC88A running Xena's Black Panther Map

My 1212 Conversion Thread
XL Forum Members Map

Old 18th January 2012
Senior Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: 883>1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Bob99 has a reputation beyond reputeBob99 has a reputation beyond reputeBob99 has a reputation beyond reputeBob99 has a reputation beyond reputeBob99 has a reputation beyond reputeBob99 has a reputation beyond reputeBob99 has a reputation beyond reputeBob99 has a reputation beyond reputeBob99 has a reputation beyond reputeBob99 has a reputation beyond reputeBob99 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by merc View Post
Pledge or any kind of spray furniture polish is great as a secondary cleaner.
I Wash and was my bike, Armorall (except the seat and the part of the tire that touches the road), Noxon for my brass and a chome polish for well the chrome. Windex on thre shield, mirrors and lights.
But I hate all that fricken work. It takes all day.
So I use furniture polish every week after that intial thorough cleaning. It makes wiping down a breeze.
I wouldn't use Windex on a windshield because it contains ammonia. I would use something like Plexxus because it is specifically made for windshields.
Old 19th January 2012
Senior Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: Softail Deluxe
Sportster/Buell Year: 2011
Sportster/Buell Model #2: FLHX Street Glide
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2010
Other Motorcycle Model: XL1200N (sold)
Other Motorcycle Year: 2008
funnythebunny has a reputation beyond reputefunnythebunny has a reputation beyond reputefunnythebunny has a reputation beyond reputefunnythebunny has a reputation beyond reputefunnythebunny has a reputation beyond reputefunnythebunny has a reputation beyond reputefunnythebunny has a reputation beyond reputefunnythebunny has a reputation beyond reputefunnythebunny has a reputation beyond reputefunnythebunny has a reputation beyond reputefunnythebunny has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, I'm surprised with all the positives; so far 3 pages of support and not a single negative comment.... (and yes, I know about how it attracts bees)

Old 19th January 2012
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XLX-61
Sportster/Buell Year: 1983
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda CL350
Other Motorcycle Year: 1969
83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnythebunny View Post
Wow, I'm surprised with all the positives; so far 3 pages of support and not a single negative comment....
You missed mine (#12)...

If it ain't broke, don't fix it (especially if you don't know what you're doing). Most Sportster problems are owner-induced.
Old 19th January 2012
Senior Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2012
Loner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud of

If you want rants or negatives just mention facebook that brings them out of the woodwork.

Just ask DK Customs and his photo contests.
Old 4th March 2012
Senior Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH 1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 1994
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLH 883 Deluxe - sold now
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1986
Other Motorcycle Model: FXDWGi
Other Motorcycle Year: 2004
CharlieB is just really niceCharlieB is just really niceCharlieB is just really niceCharlieB is just really niceCharlieB is just really niceCharlieB is just really niceCharlieB is just really niceCharlieB is just really niceCharlieB is just really niceCharlieB is just really niceCharlieB is just really nice

Been using a stainless steel polish that I got a Wally World... cant remember the name, comes in a silver/grey aerosol.

Like Pledge - it works great! I use it on paint, my factory windshield (on the Wide Glide) and on all the polished aluminum and chrome. Its great for that "once over" if you got caught in the rain and want to take off all the water spots. Give the windshield a good shine and doesn't leave a streaky film. I dunno why it works on the windshield, but is TERRIBLE on mirrors. Go figure.

Over at the GF's house... yah, I steal some of her Pledge on occasion for a spruce up if needed.
Old 4th March 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: 50th aniv.
Sportster/Buell Year: 07
Other Motorcycle Model: Heritage
Other Motorcycle Year: 97
chnichols is a jewel in the roughchnichols is a jewel in the roughchnichols is a jewel in the roughchnichols is a jewel in the roughchnichols is a jewel in the roughchnichols is a jewel in the roughchnichols is a jewel in the roughchnichols is a jewel in the roughchnichols is a jewel in the roughchnichols is a jewel in the roughchnichols is a jewel in the rough

I remember hearing about lemon pledge when I first got my big bike, I got some, it does make a nice quick easy shine. As far as harming the finish, that was 1998, I still have the bike, it is still shiny, it still gets used and is out in the weather often.
I also use lemon pledge on a $70,000 Bosendorfer grand piano, it is now over ten years old and looks great.....however I never take it out in the rain like the Harley.
Old 4th March 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster S
Sportster/Buell Year: 1997
Other Motorcycle Model: BMW K1200RS
Other Motorcycle Year: 2000
BrokeRecord is a jewel in the roughBrokeRecord is a jewel in the roughBrokeRecord is a jewel in the roughBrokeRecord is a jewel in the roughBrokeRecord is a jewel in the roughBrokeRecord is a jewel in the roughBrokeRecord is a jewel in the roughBrokeRecord is a jewel in the roughBrokeRecord is a jewel in the roughBrokeRecord is a jewel in the roughBrokeRecord is a jewel in the rough

In the 70s we used Pledge on our handmade racing bicycles. Always looked new, never hurt the hearth cured enamel paints from Europe.
Know Thy Hog