The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Lowbrow Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > BUELL MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Buell Motorcycle Photos/Videos
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Notices

Members Birthdays
Hal Smith (63), XRCR Davis (63), ndmp40 (59), wkwood2000 (58), Predator (45), Steve-B (41), Grind1203 (29)
Sky Smith Insurance
Biltwell
Motor Stage
Sky Smith Insurance

Ironworks Magazine

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd February 2012
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
ekuhns is just really niceekuhns is just really niceekuhns is just really niceekuhns is just really niceekuhns is just really niceekuhns is just really niceekuhns is just really niceekuhns is just really niceekuhns is just really niceekuhns is just really niceekuhns is just really nice
Default Buell in Smokey mountains

Working in Asheville, NC this week and riding the smokey mountains in my spare time. Here is a Pic. Bike is a 03' Buell Lightning xb9. Still trying to drag the peg, not quite there.

Old 23rd February 2012
Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: 883C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Mop Bucket is a name known to allMop Bucket is a name known to allMop Bucket is a name known to allMop Bucket is a name known to allMop Bucket is a name known to allMop Bucket is a name known to allMop Bucket is a name known to allMop Bucket is a name known to allMop Bucket is a name known to allMop Bucket is a name known to allMop Bucket is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekuhns View Post
Working in Asheville, NC this week and riding the smokey mountains in my spare time. Here is a Pic. Bike is a 03' Buell Lightning xb9. Still trying to drag the peg, not quite there.

cool picture, don't know in draggin is a good thing

Who's mail box?
Old 23rd February 2012
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200 R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Buell Uly (sold)
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2009
Other Motorcycle Model: 2010 Ural Patrol(sold)
Phaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond repute

that looks like it was fun, and a great shot
Old 23rd February 2012
Devoted Life Behind Barz

Sportster/Buell Model: Highly modified 1200 c
Sportster/Buell Year: 01
Other Motorcycle Model: FLHX H-D Street glide
Other Motorcycle Year: 2013
xllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond repute

Well you have to go faster than the posted speed to drag a peg on a Buell...

Nice Pic...I need to get back up that way and do some riding, right now I'm stuck working night shift 72 hour weeks till end of May... Ride Safe!

When life throws a curve...lean into it and open the throttle

The wind, weather, and two wheels...what else do you need??
Old 23rd February 2012
Know It All

ekuhns is just really niceekuhns is just really niceekuhns is just really niceekuhns is just really niceekuhns is just really niceekuhns is just really niceekuhns is just really niceekuhns is just really niceekuhns is just really niceekuhns is just really niceekuhns is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by xllent01 View Post
Well you have to go faster than the posted speed to drag a peg on a Buell...

Nice Pic...I need to get back up that way and do some riding, right now I'm stuck working night shift 72 hour weeks till end of May... Ride Safe!

That working stuff sucks man!! We havn't found any great roads yet most of them are dead ends. Very frustrating. I think we about to head to Lake Lure and Chimney rock, hopefully find some good twisties. I have about an inch of "chicken strip" left on my back tire I really need to get rid of!!!!

Know Thy Hog

Old 24th February 2012
Devoted Life Behind Barz

Sportster/Buell Model: Highly modified 1200 c
Sportster/Buell Year: 01
Other Motorcycle Model: FLHX H-D Street glide
Other Motorcycle Year: 2013
xllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond repute

NICE!!

Check out the roads west of Maggie Valley headed thru the Great Smokey National Park headed past Cade's Cove over to the Foothills Parkway to the backside of Deals Gap overlook back to Fontana lake dam on the Moonshiner 28 over to route 74 and back thru Bryson City over to Cherokee and back over the mountain to Maggie Valley stopping at Country Vittles to eat on your way back to Asheville
Old 24th February 2012
Senior Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: '07
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Buell XB12Ss
Sportster/Buell Year #2: '09
Other Motorcycle Model: Hayabusa
Other Motorcycle Year: '99
Quay is a jewel in the roughQuay is a jewel in the roughQuay is a jewel in the roughQuay is a jewel in the roughQuay is a jewel in the roughQuay is a jewel in the roughQuay is a jewel in the roughQuay is a jewel in the roughQuay is a jewel in the roughQuay is a jewel in the roughQuay is a jewel in the rough

The Buells have phenomonal lean angle - and it takes a good road surface to use it all.
Old 24th February 2012
Know It All

Quote:
NICE!!

Check out the roads west of Maggie Valley headed thru the Great Smokey National Park headed past Cade's Cove over to the Foothills Parkway to the backside of Deals Gap overlook back to Fontana lake dam on the Moonshiner 28 over to route 74 and back thru Bryson City over to Cherokee and back over the mountain to Maggie Valley stopping at Country Vittles to eat on your way back to Asheville

Great!! We were hoping to check out deals gap while we were this close. Thanks for the info, unfortunately it looks like rain tomorrow morning but hopefully by noon we will be on the road again.

Check out the pictures from the Lake Lure ride, awesome road coming into Chimney Rock. The guy in front of me is riding a BMW 1200rt dragging pegs just about every turn!!!

Old 24th February 2012
Poser Extraordinaire

Sportster/Buell Model: 883R Stage 0.5
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Cushman Lowrider
Other Motorcycle Model: Briggs & Stratton Chopper
Sleeper has a reputation beyond reputeSleeper has a reputation beyond reputeSleeper has a reputation beyond reputeSleeper has a reputation beyond reputeSleeper has a reputation beyond reputeSleeper has a reputation beyond reputeSleeper has a reputation beyond reputeSleeper has a reputation beyond reputeSleeper has a reputation beyond reputeSleeper has a reputation beyond reputeSleeper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekuhns View Post

You lucky dog!
Great roads to ride on a Sportster, must be even better on a Buell.

Quote:
NICE!!

Excellent suggestion of roads to ride in that area, I'll be sure to checkout Country Vittles the next time I get up that way also.
My favorite road to ride is the south end of the Blue Ridge Parkway between Cherokee and Asheville.
There was snow and black ice at some of the higher elevation the last time I was up there in October.
Old 24th February 2012
Know It All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
You lucky dog!
Great roads to ride on a Sportster, must be even better on a Buell.

Excellent suggestion of roads to ride in that area, I'll be sure to checkout Country Vittles the next time I get up that way also.
My favorite road to ride is the south end of the Blue Ridge Parkway between Cherokee and Asheville.
There was snow and black ice at some of the higher elevation the last time I was up there in October.

We tried to get on the parkway off 151(neat little mountain to ride up) the other day but there was a tractor trailer stuck about a quarter of the way up. Even though at the bottom it says trucks not recommended.

Notice the right rear wheels on the truck, off the ground completely!

And this dude was just hanging out eating a hoagie

Anyway, yesterday we did make it to the top and the gate was closed!! After talking to a local that was coming off the Parkway that had a key for the gate for some reason he said, " saw the park ranger up there earlier today, i think he went home though, seems to be plenty of room to get around the gate". All with a big smile on his face. After he asked me if my bike would burn rubber we chatted for alittle then he left and we bypassed the gate and had to whole parkway to ourselves!! Awesome views up there, rode to Mount Pisgah through 3 or 4 tunnels.
Know Thy Hog