The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum DK Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > Ironhead Sportster Motorcycle Talk (1957-1985)
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Ironhead Sportster Motorcycle Talk (1957-1985) For all those that wanna talk about Ironhead Sportster Motorcycles

Members Birthdays
hawkeye (66), Rigpa (46), petersca (35)
Motor Stage
Foxcreek Leather
Get Lowered
Foxcreek Leather

RYCA Motors

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th February 2012
Senior Master Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: xlh convert to xlch
Sportster/Buell Year: 1978
Sportster/Buell Model #2: xlch
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1972
DirtyCory is a splendid one to beholdDirtyCory is a splendid one to beholdDirtyCory is a splendid one to beholdDirtyCory is a splendid one to beholdDirtyCory is a splendid one to beholdDirtyCory is a splendid one to beholdDirtyCory is a splendid one to beholdDirtyCory is a splendid one to beholdDirtyCory is a splendid one to beholdDirtyCory is a splendid one to beholdDirtyCory is a splendid one to behold

well, sorry, but thats all i got..... there was most deffently more cool bikes there no doubt. but these were my favorites of the bunch. id have a few hundred pics up if i got a pic of everyone...lol... so thanks for looking and thank you Monte03 for posting the schedule to the AMCA meets. if you had not done this, i would have never known about it. it was a lot of fun and im glad i went. hopefully this will spark others to post pics of the AMCA meets as the year goes on. id love to see what the other ones are like. so to all....ENJOY!!!!! i know i did!!

cory
Old 26th February 2012
Drag Race Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: 48
Sportster/Buell Year: 2012
Sportster/Buell Model #2: FLD Switchback
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2012
Other Motorcycle Year: 1979
CrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyCory View Post
dam that sucks, im just about an hour away in sioux city, IA. i posted a few days ago asking if any forum guys were gonna be there. it be fun to meet some guys that we only know each other through typing on a keyboard. it was a cool show! not a huge show, but hell i walked around there for hours and still couldnt take it all in..... everytime i walk be a booth even after i have passed it 5 times, i still see something i over looked everytime...lol
I'm up in Sioux City over the summer pretty often. My dad has been helping to restore Great Northern locomotive 1355 up by stone state park. We'll have to meet up sometime.
Old 26th February 2012

DirtyCory is a splendid one to beholdDirtyCory is a splendid one to beholdDirtyCory is a splendid one to beholdDirtyCory is a splendid one to beholdDirtyCory is a splendid one to beholdDirtyCory is a splendid one to beholdDirtyCory is a splendid one to beholdDirtyCory is a splendid one to beholdDirtyCory is a splendid one to beholdDirtyCory is a splendid one to beholdDirtyCory is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyQuady View Post
I'm up in Sioux City over the summer pretty often. My dad has been helping to restore Great Northern locomotive 1355 up by stone state park. We'll have to meet up sometime.
Sounds good!! im very familiar with the train muesum by stone park. a couple years ago i did a REALLY deep excavation to stabalize the soil for the new building they put up with the toy train models in it. well i call it a toy anyway...lol. work like hell in the summer time. but usually i get everyother weekend off.
Old 26th February 2012
Senior Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: Ultra Limited
Sportster/Buell Year: 2010
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 883R
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 08
chris horne is a jewel in the roughchris horne is a jewel in the roughchris horne is a jewel in the roughchris horne is a jewel in the roughchris horne is a jewel in the roughchris horne is a jewel in the roughchris horne is a jewel in the roughchris horne is a jewel in the roughchris horne is a jewel in the roughchris horne is a jewel in the roughchris horne is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for posting the pictures.
Old 26th February 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XR 1000
Sportster/Buell Year: 1983
Other Motorcycle Model: Enfield
Other Motorcycle Year: 2004
RGT is a jewel in the roughRGT is a jewel in the roughRGT is a jewel in the roughRGT is a jewel in the roughRGT is a jewel in the roughRGT is a jewel in the roughRGT is a jewel in the roughRGT is a jewel in the roughRGT is a jewel in the roughRGT is a jewel in the roughRGT is a jewel in the rough

great pic's, thanks. Love that WLV, if that's what it is....
Know Thy Hog

Old 26th February 2012
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XLCH 1000
Sportster/Buell Year: 1977
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 75 motor in Norton frame.
Other Motorcycle Model: 42WLA 45, Harton, Narley
Other Motorcycle Year: 1942
Hopper is a splendid one to beholdHopper is a splendid one to beholdHopper is a splendid one to beholdHopper is a splendid one to beholdHopper is a splendid one to beholdHopper is a splendid one to beholdHopper is a splendid one to beholdHopper is a splendid one to beholdHopper is a splendid one to beholdHopper is a splendid one to beholdHopper is a splendid one to behold

Cool pics. Thanks for posting. Small but nice selection of Ironheads, betwwn the Boattail, Cafe and the Bicentennial edition. Don' t see many of the latter with the original paint work. I know a lot of guys today don't like them, but bakc in the day they were considered the coolest thing going.
Old 26th February 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopper View Post
Cool pics. Thanks for posting. Small but nice selection of Ironheads, betwwn the Boattail, Cafe and the Bicentennial edition. Don' t see many of the latter with the original paint work. I know a lot of guys today don't like them, but bakc in the day they were considered the coolest thing going.
the bicantennial? thats good to know, i was wondering what it was. id never seen one i guess. it is an original bike. see i didnt know it was a bicentennial. the decals on the tank threw me off. does that bike appear to be accurate?
Old 26th February 2012

Sportster/Buell Model: xlch
Sportster/Buell Year: 1960
brucstoudt is a glorious beacon of lightbrucstoudt is a glorious beacon of lightbrucstoudt is a glorious beacon of lightbrucstoudt is a glorious beacon of lightbrucstoudt is a glorious beacon of lightbrucstoudt is a glorious beacon of lightbrucstoudt is a glorious beacon of lightbrucstoudt is a glorious beacon of lightbrucstoudt is a glorious beacon of lightbrucstoudt is a glorious beacon of lightbrucstoudt is a glorious beacon of light

thanks for sharing those pics,cory.yes they made those trikes at the factory,up until 1973. first time ive seen an indian with h-d orange and black color paint before,how rude is that? thats a,respectable comment you made about the rep points.more than once i,have wondered how a,member thats been here a,short time with a,couple hundred posts,can have thousands of rep points. now i,think i,know.
72 1000cc barrels and heads, s&s 41/2'' flywheels, sifton cams, s&s super B w/ zippers thunderjet w/yost powertube, andrews gears,and shafts, competition engineering kevlar wet or dry clutch, 72 oil pump, morris magneto w/auto advance and single fire module, cycle electric generator w/electronic regulator,73 cu.in.
Old 26th February 2012

Sportster/Buell Model: xlch
Sportster/Buell Year: 1960
brucstoudt is a glorious beacon of lightbrucstoudt is a glorious beacon of lightbrucstoudt is a glorious beacon of lightbrucstoudt is a glorious beacon of lightbrucstoudt is a glorious beacon of lightbrucstoudt is a glorious beacon of lightbrucstoudt is a glorious beacon of lightbrucstoudt is a glorious beacon of lightbrucstoudt is a glorious beacon of lightbrucstoudt is a glorious beacon of lightbrucstoudt is a glorious beacon of light

bicentennial model was 1976,celebrating the 200 year anniversary the u.s.a. i,thought said 1976,somewhere in the tank art,but i,cant see it in either pic.i,remember it well though i,graduated from high school that year.
Old 26th February 2012

Sportster/Buell Model: XLCH
Sportster/Buell Year: 1962
GA_Ironhead is a glorious beacon of lightGA_Ironhead is a glorious beacon of lightGA_Ironhead is a glorious beacon of lightGA_Ironhead is a glorious beacon of lightGA_Ironhead is a glorious beacon of lightGA_Ironhead is a glorious beacon of lightGA_Ironhead is a glorious beacon of lightGA_Ironhead is a glorious beacon of lightGA_Ironhead is a glorious beacon of lightGA_Ironhead is a glorious beacon of lightGA_Ironhead is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
only trike i seen there. did harley make these from the factory???
Yes they did.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harley-Davidson_Servi-Car

http://watsonvillepolice.org/police_motorcycle.html

http://www.dl45homepage.com/servicontents.html

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&gs_nf=...w=1280&bih=609
Know Thy Hog