The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum DK Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Suspension, Frame, Forks, Handlebars, Fuel Tank, Oil Tank, Fenders
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Suspension, Frame, Forks, Handlebars, Fuel Tank, Oil Tank, Fenders Discuss Sportster Motorcycle Suspension, Frame, Forks, Handlebars, Fuel Tank, Oil Tank, Fenders problems, advice, and/or how tos.

Members Birthdays
Dead Creek Cycles
NRHS Performance Long 2
Get Lowered
Ironworks Magazine

DK Customs

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th September 2005
Greasemonkey

rambo has disabled reputation
Default last fork oil question for me??

ok, i think i got it, changed fork oil last night, put the oz. in like book calls for, all back together and ready to ride, but, do you have to "bleed" air out like you do in brakes?? no bleeding ??, when you pump the fluid out and it is all out, air has to be sucking in,, no?? thanks
Old 27th September 2005
Greasemonkey

rambo has disabled reputation

oh, forgot, do not try to put fork top bolt back on without the right socket, took off with big wrench, but next to impossible to get back on without socket, (ran and bought one last night), i also did not get any fluid anywhere, how?? i cut some big garbage bags, inserted, let all oil drain in bag, no oil on brakes, rotor, or any where, barely any cleanup after this..rambo
Old 27th September 2005
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Moved On / My Own Choice has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo
ok, i think i got it, changed fork oil last night, put the oz. in like book calls for, all back together and ready to ride, but, do you have to "bleed" air out like you do in brakes?? no bleeding ??, when you pump the fluid out and it is all out, air has to be sucking in,, no?? thanks
No bleeding necessary because you don't completely fill the forks... so air will rise through the fluid into the open space above the fluid.