The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum S&S Cycle  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Suspension, Frame, Forks, Handlebars, Fuel Tank, Oil Tank, Fenders
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Suspension, Frame, Forks, Handlebars, Fuel Tank, Oil Tank, Fenders Discuss Sportster Motorcycle Suspension, Frame, Forks, Handlebars, Fuel Tank, Oil Tank, Fenders problems, advice, and/or how tos.

Members Birthdays
jdhickm (79), Chip (66), Chief4x4 (64), willyobiker (62), CBryant (61), XLCH69 (58), sage (55), VettesRule (52), jerseyjeff (52), TheExecutioner (49), SalTheWop (49), manic_mechanic, pauldmedic16 (40), BluegrassXL (36), Superman
Lowbrow Customs
NHRS Performance
RYCA Motors
Get Lowered

Bison Motorsports

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th January 2005
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2000
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL883
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2004
cderham has disabled reputation
Question '04 Wide Glide Conversion Kits?

Hey Guys and Gals,

I havn't been to the new site and just went through the whole register process..... But I was looking for the information on the old site on raked wide glide conversions for my wifes bike. Does some one still have all that info??? There was different site links, pics, etc..... I'm looking for 3 deg rake wide glide kit. High quality that will work on an '04 and keep the neck locking w/ internal stop.

Thanks in advance

Blu-Skyz,
Chris
Old 8th January 2005
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: 1996 883/1200 XL
Sportster/Buell Model #2: E 1984 XL1000
HHahn001 is an unknown quantity at this point

Try Hawghalters.com..hope this helps
Old 8th January 2005
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

XLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the rough

I have an accutronix with a 3 degree rake on an 05 which is the same as an 04. Personally I would only consider Accutronix or Hawghalters but there it is a little more involved than just installing the kit.

As for the locking steering, these kits don't come with this option but it could easily be done at a machine shop. Just make the spot where the pin goes and have a 1/4 inch hole drilled out. Personally I don't trust those steering locks after I looked over the service manual and saw how easy it was to remove them, I just use a padlock thought the rotor.
Old 8th January 2005
Biker

Moved On is an unknown quantity at this point

Is this the thread you were thinking about? It was from user mwachala in regards to the wide glide chopper kit front end that he put on his '04, I think his is more than 3 degrees though.

Edit: I forgot my manners...
Welcome to the forum !!!

Gary

Last edited by Moved On; 8th January 2005 at 03:41..
Old 8th January 2005
Senior Chief Harley Engineer

Gone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this point

These trees are available in polished, chrome or black anodised.

Billet triple trees are 34mm thick.

Designed to accept the stock rubber handlebar bushings. You can also choose to maintain or disregard the steering lock. The slot on the top tree is made to accept stock cables, so that you do not have to unassemble or modify them.

Kit includes wheel axle, necessary spacers and hardware.

Dual disc braking system configurations will require spacer.

Wide glide triple trees will fit all models XL from 1988 to 2005
Available in 0░ or 4░ degrees rake.

Last edited by Gone; 8th January 2005 at 20:27..
Know Thy Hog

Old 25th January 2009
Biker

Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
crowin is on a distinguished roadcrowin is on a distinguished road

"Wide glide triple trees will fit all models XL from 1988 to 2005"

Guarantee these will not fit 2004 and up. there is a huge difference in the neck and frame on sportsters after 2003. i have had to return 3 frontends that were sold to me as for 2004 including everything. if someone has one on a 2004 that they recommend, then use that but dont use anything that says it will fit from 1988 - 2005. it wont. I used an old aftermarket front end and had to forgo the stops, my frame is the fork stop. truly tho if anyone knows where to get a wide glide for an '04 and up please tell me.
aloha,
chuck

Last edited by crowin; 25th January 2009 at 09:30.. Reason: more to say
Old 29th January 2009
Biker

Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
crowin is on a distinguished roadcrowin is on a distinguished road
Default oops

I Stand Corrected. Hawghalters Does Make Trees For 2004 And Up.
Old 29th January 2009
Devoted Life Behind Barz

Sportster/Buell Model: Highly modified 1200 c
Sportster/Buell Year: 01
Other Motorcycle Model: FLHX H-D Street glide
Other Motorcycle Year: 2013
xllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond repute

Why are we digging old threads up from 4 years ago??

HHI or Hawg Halters makes tree's for all makes and models..from old to 09