The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Zipper's Performance  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > GENERAL AREA > On the Road - Stories, Places to Stay/Eat, Places to get Help
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

On the Road - Stories, Places to Stay/Eat, Places to get Help Tell us about your latest ride or even an old one.

Members Birthdays
motobraz, dwr302, xlchjoe (60), rider31 (54), Viper (42), KJcrownRRdriver (42), krafty (38), EezyE (37), SmokeyXL (34)
Foxcreek Leather
DK Customs
Get Lowered
Motor Stage

Energy One Clutches

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th May 2012
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200Lr
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Buell S3T
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2001
Other Motorcycle Model: Guzzi V7 / 11 Ducati M696
Other Motorcycle Year: 2013
Bone has a reputation beyond reputeBone has a reputation beyond reputeBone has a reputation beyond reputeBone has a reputation beyond reputeBone has a reputation beyond reputeBone has a reputation beyond reputeBone has a reputation beyond reputeBone has a reputation beyond reputeBone has a reputation beyond reputeBone has a reputation beyond reputeBone has a reputation beyond repute

No pressure, no worries, no time limit
Old 18th May 2012
Ride free, RubyRed

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 883 > SE 1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 1200 XLH
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1999
wandrur has a brilliant futurewandrur has a brilliant futurewandrur has a brilliant futurewandrur has a brilliant futurewandrur has a brilliant futurewandrur has a brilliant futurewandrur has a brilliant futurewandrur has a brilliant futurewandrur has a brilliant futurewandrur has a brilliant futurewandrur has a brilliant future

Air filter cleaned and reoiled; blow-by catch cans cleaned.

And, man, did they need it.

Front

Rear

2006 1200 Low--NRHS HurricaneFlow 2", slash down Screamin' Eagle Street Performance exhaust, Progressive 12" 418s w/ heavy duty springs, Progressive fork springs + Ricor Intiminators, HD forward controls, Mustang Vintage Wide seat, HD QD windshield (smoked), HD mini-apes, and surely more to come... Sold

1999 1200 XLH--In progress. Custom Led Sled frame--4" up, 2" out; Baker/Vulcan chain conversion; Buell 17" rear wheel...
http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/s...d.php?t=708796 Currently on indefinite hold...
Old 18th May 2012
Jester Mafia

Sportster/Buell Model: NRHS Stage II 1250-R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Rico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond repute

As I said before, if your route brings you through my neck of the woods, we'll make sure that you are fed, have a bed to sleep in and my sled would be glad to have some company in the garage.

Jester Mafia
Old 18th May 2012
Ride free, RubyRed

wandrur has a brilliant futurewandrur has a brilliant futurewandrur has a brilliant futurewandrur has a brilliant futurewandrur has a brilliant futurewandrur has a brilliant futurewandrur has a brilliant futurewandrur has a brilliant futurewandrur has a brilliant futurewandrur has a brilliant futurewandrur has a brilliant future

If I ever head through that direction, I'll plan to look you up.
Old 20th May 2012
Ride free, RubyRed

Still flipping a coin about what to do. Have had yet another wrinkle present itself. I have multiple things that need to get done before I leave, and I'm running out of time.

I am 80% sure that I'm -I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!-ed at this point. Ugh. Still hoping to make something work, but things aren't looking good.

Last edited by wandrur; 20th May 2012 at 08:28..
Know Thy Hog

Old 21st May 2012
Ride free, RubyRed

Slight glimmer of hope. So long as the next couple of days go okay, I'll be able to maybe pull this off.

And I just booked a four star hotel for $80 for the night of May 27th right next to the conference hotel. Yeeaaahh!!
Old 21st May 2012
I am the great Cornholio!

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200R
Other Motorcycle Model: Suzuki GT550
Other Motorcycle Year: 1974
ParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandrur View Post
Slight glimmer of hope. So long as the next couple of days go okay, I'll be able to maybe pull this off.

And I just booked a four star hotel for $80 for the night of May 27th right next to the conference hotel. Yeeaaahh!!
While there, wander down to the Reading Terminal Market which is right next to the hotel. Its been there for over 100 years. There is a place that sells a great roast beef sandwich. Also, if you have time head down to the Penns Landing which is straight down Market St. You can check out the Olympia which is where I volunteer.

Sturgis 2009
Around the Lakes 2010
Texas 2011
New England 2011
Wreaths Across America 2011
Labor Day 2012
My first rally - Void 7
Pensacola 2012
Forum trip to Boyer WV July 2013
Coast to Coast to Coast in 100 hours

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne - "The Shootist"
Old 21st May 2012
Ride free, RubyRed

Sounds fun! Will do my best.
Old 23rd May 2012
Ride free, RubyRed

Alright, mother-I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!-ers, it's ON.

Leaving Thursday morning. J-man, not sure what my schedule will be, but when I do know, I'll drop you a line here or a text message. Will likely push my first day hard, so a stop for a break and some social time will likely be the limit of my presence. Unless I turn into a weenie.

Would like to get at least to Columbia, MO, before the end of the first night. That would put me at my next destination--Asheville, NC--on Friday night. Preferably I'll be able to go even farther that first day, but we'll see.
Old 23rd May 2012
an obsession handed down

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
rubyred has a brilliant futurerubyred has a brilliant futurerubyred has a brilliant futurerubyred has a brilliant futurerubyred has a brilliant futurerubyred has a brilliant futurerubyred has a brilliant futurerubyred has a brilliant futurerubyred has a brilliant futurerubyred has a brilliant futurerubyred has a brilliant future

Cool! Ride safe and enjoy this thing! There's a rally in Cherokee, NC this weekend, so the bike traffic in east TN and west NC will be heavy. I'm only a couple of hours from Asheville, so I'll PM you my cell to have in case you need anything while in my neck of the woods. I'll be riding all weekend, but I know your schedule is tight so holler if you can, but I understand if not! Still keep my cell in case you need anything!

Taxes are paid!

...Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right...~Robert Hunter/Jerry Garcia
Know Thy Hog