The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Lowbrow Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Intake and Exhaust > Sportster Motorcycle Air intake, Carburetor, EFI, Fuel, and Exhaust
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Air intake, Carburetor, EFI, Fuel, and Exhaust Problems, advice and/or how tos for Sporster and Buell motorcycle carburators, Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI), Air Intake, Fuel and Exhaust.

Members Birthdays
wallylach (63), cob (60), decman (58), djhannu (52), Vaughn, irishhog (45), dangjalopy (41), earthoverdrive (36), edman87k5 (35), 79iron (32), mr_anti_chrome
Superbrace
CV Performance
Don's Cyclewear
Hammer Performance

Superbrace
Tags
hellcat, sportster, turbo, turbocat

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th April 2012
JESTER MAFIA WEST

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: 48 "Totalled" By a Douche
Other Motorcycle Year: 2012
rocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond repute

Just thinking that a hair dryer would like a cooler plug than stock
2006 Sportster XL1200C
Mikuni HSR 45
Jetted 27.5 slow,172.5 Main
97 Needle,Clip posistion 3
Hurricane Flow 3" offset AC,Rocketman Mod
Daytona Twin Tec TC88A,Rico Nomad Map
Sumax Thundervolt plug wires,NGK DCPR8EIX spark plugs. Gapped .040 and Indexed
Cycle Electric Stator and Regulator
Alto Carbonite Clutch
Royal Purple 20W50 MC Primary oil
Patriot Defender Pipe
Royal Purple 20W50 MC oil
Wix 57148 oil filter
Max Power, 79.17
Max Torque, 75.98
Old 4th April 2012
Senior Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 1250-X
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
HandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud of

I have the Champion 810c's now and will throw them in the bike for the ride home and use until the datalogger arrives.
Old 4th April 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: Turbo XL Sidecar
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
JasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketmangb View Post
Just thinking that a hair dryer would like a cooler plug than stock
I personally like running the champions used in the destroyer once they are tuned...for tuning them I like having an electrode though...

Mobile messaging
Old 4th April 2012

HandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud of

Talking to Jason about my experience's thus far with the turbo. Did a roll-on from 55mph to about 105mph in fifth gear last night past the turn off to my subdivision...it was still pulling hard and smooth when I got out of it. Opened the gap on the plugs this morning and took it out for another 100+ mph blast...I'm going to get arrested on this damn thing lol.

Was telling Jason the hardest thing for me so far was judging rpm. I quickly hit the rev-limiter down low before I think I'm even close...surprises me everytime. This motor is so quiet and smooth it is deceptive just how fast it is accelerating.
Old 4th April 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: Turbo 1200N
Other Motorcycle Model: FXDL
Other Motorcycle Year: 2005
AustinXL has much to be proud ofAustinXL has much to be proud ofAustinXL has much to be proud ofAustinXL has much to be proud ofAustinXL has much to be proud ofAustinXL has much to be proud ofAustinXL has much to be proud ofAustinXL has much to be proud ofAustinXL has much to be proud ofAustinXL has much to be proud ofAustinXL has much to be proud of

HOF - you gotta get a tach buddy! One of the best things I added to my bike.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
Know Thy Hog

Old 4th April 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

JasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud of

We are putting on a SE shiftlight/tach... they were on back order and have just been recently released... 883 gearing makes for short gear changes too... woulda never thought I'd suggest gearing a 883 more like a 1200, I've suggest going with 883 gearing on12's but never go the other way till now... gonna send HOF a buell rear pulley as well to try that out some
Old 4th April 2012
Senior Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: '12
Other Motorcycle Model: FXDL
Other Motorcycle Year: '14
modular is a name known to allmodular is a name known to allmodular is a name known to allmodular is a name known to allmodular is a name known to allmodular is a name known to allmodular is a name known to allmodular is a name known to allmodular is a name known to allmodular is a name known to allmodular is a name known to all

What have you done to upgrade the brakes now that is is much faster than it was?
Old 4th April 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by modular View Post
What have you done to upgrade the brakes now that is is much faster than it was?
Agreed... brakes are something not to be proud of with stock sportsters, much less bikes that move. I'm sure if HOF hasn't thought about brakes yet he is now... especially once he's running 14psi...

I hear good things about folks using the xr12 brakes and the vrod brakes. Personally I'm going to have a larger rotor made and switch to a zx10 caliper
Old 4th April 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by modular View Post
No upgrades other than braided line up front. I have a four-piston caliper for the front I have tried in the past, but was never able to get it properly bled. I can tell the difference between this bike and the Roadster, but it really isnt all that bad. Then again, what do I know about stopping lol...

I have noticed that when shifting thru the gears I hear a slight "pshh" sound, kind of like I hear on the turbo'd import cars...is that the boost escaping? I would'nt mind if it was a little louder along with some more whisteling sound.

Last edited by HandOverFist; 4th April 2012 at 17:37..
Old 4th April 2012
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: Buell S1
Sportster/Buell Year: 1997
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Buell S2T
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1996
Other Motorcycle Model: Moto Guzzi California
Other Motorcycle Year: 2003
maru has much to be proud ofmaru has much to be proud ofmaru has much to be proud ofmaru has much to be proud ofmaru has much to be proud ofmaru has much to be proud ofmaru has much to be proud ofmaru has much to be proud ofmaru has much to be proud ofmaru has much to be proud ofmaru has much to be proud of

I have ZX 10r calipers on my Interceptor Jason. They are a good caliper, rigid and most importantly they have 4 pads instead of one for each side of the rotor. The 4 pads have twice as many leading edges and as a result they have more initial bite which is important.

I will be experimenting with a trick Master cylinder on the Buell in the next few weeks that I think may really boost up a single brake system, but it will only work well if the caliper is super rigid. I will let you know how it works out.
Know Thy Hog