The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum S&S Cycle  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > Ironhead Sportster Motorcycle Talk (1957-1985)
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Ironhead Sportster Motorcycle Talk (1957-1985) For all those that wanna talk about Ironhead Sportster Motorcycles

Members Birthdays
ledbelly (61), sportrod (61), pjcav (47), jgaither (46), naru (42), eberky (38), Paulie420 (35), 83xls
Licks Cycles
DK Customs
Superbrace.com
Biltwell

Lowbrow Customs

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th May 2012
Senior Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: xls roadster
Sportster/Buell Year: 1982
nikki is a glorious beacon of lightnikki is a glorious beacon of lightnikki is a glorious beacon of lightnikki is a glorious beacon of lightnikki is a glorious beacon of lightnikki is a glorious beacon of lightnikki is a glorious beacon of lightnikki is a glorious beacon of lightnikki is a glorious beacon of lightnikki is a glorious beacon of lightnikki is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezmerf View Post
Another option is to loosen caliper so brake line is now at top as air travels up you can pump some and wait are leave set over night and this should remove air.I'd make sure membrain cover on M/C isn't struck down.
Also you can take it to a machine shop they get it out.I'd also think of having it drlled and tapped for car size bleeder for those small ones are famous for breaking
in 1989 I broke the rear bleeder off my friend Artie Bush pulled the broken bleeder out with a file handle in place of an ez out , I went down to the auto parts store and matched a bleeder screw no tapping needed. I would try to match one or go to a Harley dealer and get one . Nikki

Last edited by nikki; 5th May 2012 at 21:15.. Reason: spelling