The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Mother Road Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE & BUELL MOTORCYCLE FORUM - GENERAL DISCUSSION > DYNO Charts and Result
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

DYNO Charts and Result Post your dyno charts and results here.

Members Birthdays
collinsb (70), bulldog1200C (56), DrBlond (51), Moonpie (49), mercybeat (44), mogwai (40), Ratster, E.MCCOLLOM (37)
DK Customs
Biltwell
Get Lowered
Biltwell

Superbrace.com

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th May 2012
Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: xlh883/1250
Sportster/Buell Year: 1986
norseXL has a reputation beyond reputenorseXL has a reputation beyond reputenorseXL has a reputation beyond reputenorseXL has a reputation beyond reputenorseXL has a reputation beyond reputenorseXL has a reputation beyond reputenorseXL has a reputation beyond reputenorseXL has a reputation beyond reputenorseXL has a reputation beyond reputenorseXL has a reputation beyond reputenorseXL has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty amazed that my home made from left overs exhaust have a much better mid range and better top end than the V&H 2in1 with the race baffle.
As a bonus it┤s a LOT more quiet to, neighbours started say hallo again
Here is the pull with the V&H from last year.

Sir Harry R. Ricardo
Old 21st July 2012
Custom Bike Builder

norseXL has a reputation beyond reputenorseXL has a reputation beyond reputenorseXL has a reputation beyond reputenorseXL has a reputation beyond reputenorseXL has a reputation beyond reputenorseXL has a reputation beyond reputenorseXL has a reputation beyond reputenorseXL has a reputation beyond reputenorseXL has a reputation beyond reputenorseXL has a reputation beyond reputenorseXL has a reputation beyond repute

Got to take some better pics, actually I post in hope Aaron chime in, he never did when I first posted, movin and stuff I guess.
I would realy apreciate his opinion

Old 21st July 2012
Amateur Hour

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 Xl
Sportster/Buell Year: 1992
madnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant future

showing the rpm's and having a tq line to go with it would help a lot.
Old 21st July 2012
Custom Bike Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnss View Post
showing the rpm's and having a tq line to go with it would help a lot.
Yes I know Madnss, but you se the relic of an Dyno i have access to at work have a busted pick-up, my ignition is set to cut at 6800 though to give some ideas to the revs.
Old 21st July 2012
Amateur Hour

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 Xl
Sportster/Buell Year: 1992
madnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant future

Looks like your making mid 80's by maybe 5800 to 6000 grand, just guessing. Pretty good for home port job. I would give it a thumbs up for the year of the bike and using 883 heads ported by yourself. nice job
Know Thy Hog

Old 21st July 2012
Custom Bike Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnss View Post
Looks like your making mid 80's by maybe 5800 to 6000 grand, just guessing. Pretty good for home port job. I would give it a thumbs up for the year of the bike and using 883 heads ported by yourself. nice job
Thanks M, actually it peaked at 86.8, next step is to get some of Aarons bigger valves
Old 22nd July 2012
Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 1200 xl sportster custom
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 03
Other Motorcycle Model: 1200 low sportster
Other Motorcycle Year: 06
Bob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to all

may be need more fuel to keep her comming whats your timming set at. and a bigger carb a 45 would be great.
Old 22nd July 2012
Custom Bike Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob s hog View Post
may be need more fuel to keep her comming whats your timming set at. and a bigger carb a 45 would be great.
My AF was about 13to1 but my gauge did black out by the end of the pull so there is a possibility it vent lean at the end, not shure about that float jet size, it may be emptying the bowl.

Here┤s my timing:

Old 23rd July 2012
Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 1200 xl sportster custom
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 03
Other Motorcycle Model: 1200 low sportster
Other Motorcycle Year: 06
Bob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to all

you have a nice timming curve good job but im thinking she is going lean but i could be wrong did you check the hammer dyno run on the 40 vs the 45 it made 10 hp more which is a lot i wonder if she is out of carb at the upper end.
Old 23rd July 2012
Custom Bike Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob s hog View Post
you have a nice timming curve good job but im thinking she is going lean but i could be wrong did you check the hammer dyno run on the 40 vs the 45 it made 10 hp more which is a lot i wonder if she is out of carb at the upper end.
You could be righ about the carb, it is a good one (40mm Keihin flat-slide) but still just 40mm.
What makes me wonder is that dip at the top, it goes up again, weird.
Know Thy Hog