The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Lickscycles  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Suspension, Frame, Forks, Handlebars, Fuel Tank, Oil Tank, Fenders
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Suspension, Frame, Forks, Handlebars, Fuel Tank, Oil Tank, Fenders Discuss Sportster Motorcycle Suspension, Frame, Forks, Handlebars, Fuel Tank, Oil Tank, Fenders problems, advice, and/or how tos.

Members Birthdays
spatial.hd, cress (56), tomheck2112 (47), Marks98Sporty (47), hdsportster71 (43), jmhurt (36), Tros (30)
Foxcreek Leather
Figure Machine
Motor Stage
CV Performance

Bison Motorsports

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd January 2008
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

XLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the rough
Default Forks for project

Howdy all, can anyone point me in the right direction for a set of aftermarket chrome and black forks that will look nice on a 06 sporty with stock rake and length I believe the stock ones are 39mm with the rake being 30 Deg? I wouild also like to know if 41mm forks will look good I am starting a project as soon as my camaro Z28 sells so I am lining up parts and stuff I am going for the balance of black and chrome to offset each other.

I am going with progressive 12" or 11.5 shocks http://www.chopperscycle.com/page/VTS/PROD/58-362/21386

and these wheels with matching rotors the savage line http://www.bikersimage.com/products/...nts_wheels.htm
thanks all and keep rubber side down
Old 22nd January 2008
Senior Chief Know It All 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
PaulDM has disabled reputation

I don't understand why these model 412's on your link are so much more expensive than those sold elsewhere?
2007 XL 883 - 1/4 Harley Fairing - ISO grips and pegs - Mustang Vintage wide - Adjure Reflector & PIAA bulb - 50 State Mufflers - ABS front fender - Tail pack for stuff - HyperPro progressive fork springs - Whittlebeast rear shocks = Rocky Mountain Sport Tourer :-)
Old 22nd January 2008
Drag Race Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: sportster 1200 c
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 883
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1995
Other Motorcycle Model: Sportster 1000
Other Motorcycle Year: 1979
walka has disabled reputation

I could be wrong but I dont think you can buy Black forks off the self ,

I would look at Mid or Wide Glide Trees conversion and get your own Lower Legs powder coated in Black , you can do the Trees Black too if you like.
The Sliders are chrome so it will give you the look your chasing. and yes 06 Sliders are 39mm

Hell that what buildng a Custom bike is all about.

As far as the Rake go's Standard is Zero Deg , Tree conversions start at Zero and go up to about 10 Deg . depends on how long forks you whant to use.
Old 22nd January 2008
Drag Race Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: sportster 1200 c
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 883
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1995
Other Motorcycle Model: Sportster 1000
Other Motorcycle Year: 1979
walka has disabled reputation

Oh I just rembered that you can get Springer Forks in Black and Chrome ,,,
Now that would be cool
Old 22nd January 2008

XLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by walka View Post
Oh I just rembered that you can get Springer Forks in Black and Chrome ,,,
Now that would be cool
Not sure how the springer front end with those rims would look....hmmmm

I could always go spoke wheels, powdercoat black rims with chrome spokes, and black and chrome springer front end.....Sounds sexy as hell

Ahhh hell now I got a dilema

thanks for the replies I now have more decisions too make, bahhh I might just get engine done first then I have time to decide....maybe....
Know Thy Hog

Old 22nd January 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulDM View Post
I don't understand why these model 412's on your link are so much more expensive than those sold elsewhere?
Point me to cheaper I love cheaper.......I am going to look around myself some more but if ya got a linkie shoot it over