The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Energy One Clutches  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > Ironhead Sportster Motorcycle Talk (1957-1985)
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Notices

Ironhead Sportster Motorcycle Talk (1957-1985) For all those that wanna talk about Ironhead Sportster Motorcycles

Members Birthdays
BIKE BUILDER
Energy One Clutches
S&S Cycle
Progressive Suspension

Motor Stage

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th June 2012
Flat Track Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: XL
Sportster/Buell Year: 1957
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLS
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1979
Other Motorcycle Model: Indian Scout 741
Other Motorcycle Year: 1941
FearlessFrisbee is just really niceFearlessFrisbee is just really niceFearlessFrisbee is just really niceFearlessFrisbee is just really niceFearlessFrisbee is just really niceFearlessFrisbee is just really niceFearlessFrisbee is just really niceFearlessFrisbee is just really niceFearlessFrisbee is just really niceFearlessFrisbee is just really niceFearlessFrisbee is just really nice

AMEN.

If just one person is saved from an injury from reading my post, then my embarrassment of telling others will be well worth it.

Take Care and Be Safe.
Old 6th June 2012
Flat Track Racer

Sportster/Buell Model: XLS
Sportster/Buell Year: 1984
Sportster/Buell Model #2: FLHTCUI
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2006
Keep it running will become famous soon enoughKeep it running will become famous soon enoughKeep it running will become famous soon enoughKeep it running will become famous soon enoughKeep it running will become famous soon enoughKeep it running will become famous soon enough

Glad you are "OK". Thanks for the reminder on how fast potental energy turns kinetic. Seems like a reminder to me to always have your head into what you are doing, or go inside and surf a sportster forum...
Again, glad you are not hurt too bad.
Cheers
Old 6th June 2012
~~RIP Johnny G~~

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster 1200 Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Paulie420 is just really nicePaulie420 is just really nicePaulie420 is just really nicePaulie420 is just really nicePaulie420 is just really nicePaulie420 is just really nicePaulie420 is just really nicePaulie420 is just really nicePaulie420 is just really nicePaulie420 is just really nicePaulie420 is just really nice

Sorry you had to remind yourself that way. Sucks.

Hope you heal up well, and dare I say at least the sporty didn't suffer any damages??? Ugh, that's a low blow.... But, thanks for sharing and reminding the rest of us to THINK first and execute once.

I'll be thinking before I do anything to my bike. Thank you.

2005 Sportster 1200 Custom
Vance & Hines Sideshots, Screamin Eagle A/C, Detachable Sissy Bar, LayDown Brake Light, Smoked Lenses, SaddleBags, And an Attitude to Boot

Old 7th June 2012
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: xlh 1000
Sportster/Buell Year: 1975
leadfootlambert is a jewel in the roughleadfootlambert is a jewel in the roughleadfootlambert is a jewel in the roughleadfootlambert is a jewel in the roughleadfootlambert is a jewel in the roughleadfootlambert is a jewel in the roughleadfootlambert is a jewel in the roughleadfootlambert is a jewel in the roughleadfootlambert is a jewel in the roughleadfootlambert is a jewel in the roughleadfootlambert is a jewel in the rough

You sir are truly an Ironhed junky! Anyone who would throw themselves between the floor and there falling bike to prevent it from being damaged has crossed that magical line. Glad you and your bike are okay, now go ahead and take those pain pills as you truly deserve them.
Old 7th June 2012
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: xlch
Sportster/Buell Year: 1960
brucstoudt is a name known to allbrucstoudt is a name known to allbrucstoudt is a name known to allbrucstoudt is a name known to allbrucstoudt is a name known to allbrucstoudt is a name known to allbrucstoudt is a name known to allbrucstoudt is a name known to allbrucstoudt is a name known to allbrucstoudt is a name known to allbrucstoudt is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfootlambert View Post
You sir are truly an Ironhed junky! Anyone who would throw themselves between the floor and there falling bike to prevent it from being damaged has crossed that magical line. Glad you and your bike are okay, now go ahead and take those pain pills as you truly deserve them.
that's what i,like to hear.humor,with a,sarcastic note. [make's me think of,australia!]
72 1000cc barrels and heads, s&s 41/2'' flywheels, sifton cams, s&s super B w/ zippers thunderjet w/yost powertube, andrews gears,and shafts, competition engineering kevlar wet or dry clutch, 72 oil pump, morris magneto w/auto advance and single fire module, cycle electric generator w/electronic regulator,73 cu.in.
Know Thy Hog

Old 7th June 2012

brucstoudt is a name known to allbrucstoudt is a name known to allbrucstoudt is a name known to allbrucstoudt is a name known to allbrucstoudt is a name known to allbrucstoudt is a name known to allbrucstoudt is a name known to allbrucstoudt is a name known to allbrucstoudt is a name known to allbrucstoudt is a name known to allbrucstoudt is a name known to all

and my mentor's,ferrous head,and,hopper.
Old 7th June 2012
Flat Track Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: XL
Sportster/Buell Year: 1957
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLS
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1979
Other Motorcycle Model: Indian Scout 741
Other Motorcycle Year: 1941
FearlessFrisbee is just really niceFearlessFrisbee is just really niceFearlessFrisbee is just really niceFearlessFrisbee is just really niceFearlessFrisbee is just really niceFearlessFrisbee is just really niceFearlessFrisbee is just really niceFearlessFrisbee is just really niceFearlessFrisbee is just really niceFearlessFrisbee is just really niceFearlessFrisbee is just really nice

Yeah, Can't do much work with the ribs (I'm in KS on buisness till Fri) but last night i found myself sitting on her making vvrroomm vvrroom engine noises, closed my eyes, was cruzin down the road, wind blowin' in my hair, then WAPP, a June Bug hit me in the forehead.

God I love ridin'
Old 7th June 2012
Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: xlh
Sportster/Buell Year: 1980
Sportster/Buell Model #2: xlch
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1973
Other Motorcycle Model: flhtc
Other Motorcycle Year: 1993
80xlPaul will become famous soon enough80xlPaul will become famous soon enough80xlPaul will become famous soon enough80xlPaul will become famous soon enough80xlPaul will become famous soon enough80xlPaul will become famous soon enough

how nice you let your bike sit on you for once lol glad your ok
Old 7th June 2012
Whitworth Products

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Other Motorcycle Model: 5 bikes and 1 quad
wedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessFrisbee View Post
Yeah, Can't do much work with the ribs (I'm in KS on buisness till Fri) but last night i found myself sitting on her making vvrroomm vvrroom engine noises, closed my eyes, was cruzin down the road, wind blowin' in my hair, then WAPP, a June Bug hit me in the forehead.

God I love ridin'

I'm surprised that you even fealt that bike fall on you with the kidney stones already bothering you.

Take care, and I hope you get rid of the stones quick.

Whitworth Fork Brace: http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/m...outme&simple=1

Old 7th June 2012

i,could have this wrong,but i,thought the fall,caused the kidney stone's to become dislodged.
Know Thy Hog