The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Zipper's Performance  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Photos/Videos
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Photos/Videos Post all the cool photos and videos of your Sportster here...

Members Birthdays
Superbrace
Lowbrow Customs
Lowbrow Customs
Sky Smith Insurance

Biltwell

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th February 2011
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883R conv.1250
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
ironphuc is a glorious beacon of lightironphuc is a glorious beacon of lightironphuc is a glorious beacon of lightironphuc is a glorious beacon of lightironphuc is a glorious beacon of lightironphuc is a glorious beacon of lightironphuc is a glorious beacon of lightironphuc is a glorious beacon of lightironphuc is a glorious beacon of lightironphuc is a glorious beacon of lightironphuc is a glorious beacon of light
Default Before and now

Here I am, Cheesin' with my first bike the day I bought it at the stealership. Hate to admit it, but I actually got a good deal. Even though they tried to charge me for the battery they had to put in when they took it in.

And here it is after a year and a half. Not done yet.

Old 13th February 2011
Union Proud

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883C (traded-in)
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: FLTRI Road Glide
Other Motorcycle Year: 2006
fitter_rob is a jewel in the roughfitter_rob is a jewel in the roughfitter_rob is a jewel in the roughfitter_rob is a jewel in the roughfitter_rob is a jewel in the roughfitter_rob is a jewel in the roughfitter_rob is a jewel in the roughfitter_rob is a jewel in the roughfitter_rob is a jewel in the roughfitter_rob is a jewel in the roughfitter_rob is a jewel in the rough

Looks good!
Wichita, Ks.
Old 13th February 2011
Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1250
Sportster/Buell Year: '02
Phillober has a brilliant futurePhillober has a brilliant futurePhillober has a brilliant futurePhillober has a brilliant futurePhillober has a brilliant futurePhillober has a brilliant futurePhillober has a brilliant futurePhillober has a brilliant futurePhillober has a brilliant futurePhillober has a brilliant futurePhillober has a brilliant future

very nice!

how do you like that LSR? is it loud?
Old 13th February 2011
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883R conv.1250
ironphuc is a glorious beacon of lightironphuc is a glorious beacon of lightironphuc is a glorious beacon of lightironphuc is a glorious beacon of lightironphuc is a glorious beacon of lightironphuc is a glorious beacon of lightironphuc is a glorious beacon of lightironphuc is a glorious beacon of lightironphuc is a glorious beacon of lightironphuc is a glorious beacon of lightironphuc is a glorious beacon of light

I just put the LSR on and with the weather I haven't had a chance to take it on the road. Definitely louder than stock. Last summer I was running the stock setup with modified baffles, kind of a home made cycle shack baffle ala a cross between Gronk's mod and Mattbastard's (both of which can be found on this forum).

It is louder than that at idle and is a little louder wen revved up, but not much. It does have a totally different sound though, mainly from being a 2-1. There isn't much for a baffle in it. Just maybe a 6-8" baffle that is only maybe an 3/4" narrower than the pipe with scallops to help stop reversion. It does sound mean, a bit more like a built hotrod than a Harley. I'm very happy with it. I still have those baffles I made I'll try to get a pic up.
Old 13th February 2011
Flat Track Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
Lone Rider is a name known to allLone Rider is a name known to allLone Rider is a name known to allLone Rider is a name known to allLone Rider is a name known to allLone Rider is a name known to allLone Rider is a name known to allLone Rider is a name known to allLone Rider is a name known to allLone Rider is a name known to allLone Rider is a name known to all

Cool bike, thats my fav tank, how bout that user name

Old 13th February 2011
Senior Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883 Standard
blkshark is a name known to allblkshark is a name known to allblkshark is a name known to allblkshark is a name known to allblkshark is a name known to allblkshark is a name known to allblkshark is a name known to allblkshark is a name known to allblkshark is a name known to allblkshark is a name known to allblkshark is a name known to all

Looki' good. How's that front tire without the fender. I tried it once and knew the very first puddle why I didn't want to do it.

I, too, would like your assessment of the RB pipes when you get a chance to ride it.
Old 13th February 2011
Senior Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: 883>1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Bob99 has a reputation beyond reputeBob99 has a reputation beyond reputeBob99 has a reputation beyond reputeBob99 has a reputation beyond reputeBob99 has a reputation beyond reputeBob99 has a reputation beyond reputeBob99 has a reputation beyond reputeBob99 has a reputation beyond reputeBob99 has a reputation beyond reputeBob99 has a reputation beyond reputeBob99 has a reputation beyond repute

Great looking bike!
Old 13th February 2011
Land Speed Record

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200 Custom
Calvin is a glorious beacon of lightCalvin is a glorious beacon of lightCalvin is a glorious beacon of lightCalvin is a glorious beacon of lightCalvin is a glorious beacon of lightCalvin is a glorious beacon of lightCalvin is a glorious beacon of lightCalvin is a glorious beacon of lightCalvin is a glorious beacon of lightCalvin is a glorious beacon of lightCalvin is a glorious beacon of light

Really sharp bike.
Old 13th February 2011
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
els2799 is an unknown quantity at this point

that is sick lookin, i like that front pulley cover cut out
Old 13th February 2011
Senior Chief Master Mechanic 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200 R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
O.R. John is a splendid one to beholdO.R. John is a splendid one to beholdO.R. John is a splendid one to beholdO.R. John is a splendid one to beholdO.R. John is a splendid one to beholdO.R. John is a splendid one to beholdO.R. John is a splendid one to beholdO.R. John is a splendid one to beholdO.R. John is a splendid one to beholdO.R. John is a splendid one to beholdO.R. John is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by els2799 View Post
that is sick lookin, i like that front pulley cover cut out
Thanks, els2799, for pointing that out - I almost missed it.

And to Ironphuc - great looking bike!
Know Thy Hog