The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Bike Bandit  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Photos/Videos
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Notices

Sportster Motorcycle Photos/Videos Post all the cool photos and videos of your Sportster here...

Members Birthdays
Taipan (56), Harveyveepower (55), regoscar (46), kmm0000 (40), SmokeyDrifter (32)
RYCA Motors
Superbrace
Sky Smith Insurance
Motor Stage

S&S Cycle

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th September 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: 72
Sportster/Buell Year: 2012
XKnight is a glorious beacon of lightXKnight is a glorious beacon of lightXKnight is a glorious beacon of lightXKnight is a glorious beacon of lightXKnight is a glorious beacon of lightXKnight is a glorious beacon of lightXKnight is a glorious beacon of lightXKnight is a glorious beacon of lightXKnight is a glorious beacon of lightXKnight is a glorious beacon of lightXKnight is a glorious beacon of light
Default Show Your Sissy Bar!

Okay sissy's, lets see em. Let us know which brand/model or if you created it yourself.

I have a HD one piece detachable chrome sissy bar on my 72.

Old 8th September 2012
Flat Track Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2004
perdiehm is a jewel in the roughperdiehm is a jewel in the roughperdiehm is a jewel in the roughperdiehm is a jewel in the roughperdiehm is a jewel in the roughperdiehm is a jewel in the roughperdiehm is a jewel in the roughperdiehm is a jewel in the roughperdiehm is a jewel in the roughperdiehm is a jewel in the roughperdiehm is a jewel in the rough

I guess this qualifies.

2006 XL883C Orange, Black, and Chrome 26" drag bars, C&C Custom Leather 2up Seat, HD Forward Controls Mikuni HSR42, Ness Big Sucker, VH's Short Shots wrapped, HD 2up Lowered Shocks, HD Lowered Front Springs/Dampers Lots of Blacked out Parts need more
Old 8th September 2012
Drag Race Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 2000
Rebil79 is a glorious beacon of lightRebil79 is a glorious beacon of lightRebil79 is a glorious beacon of lightRebil79 is a glorious beacon of lightRebil79 is a glorious beacon of lightRebil79 is a glorious beacon of lightRebil79 is a glorious beacon of lightRebil79 is a glorious beacon of lightRebil79 is a glorious beacon of lightRebil79 is a glorious beacon of lightRebil79 is a glorious beacon of light

I designed it and me and a buddy built it. These pics are before paint.

Rebil
Old 14th September 2012
Land Speed Record

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200X Forty Eight
Sportster/Buell Year: 2010
cpracing519 has much to be proud ofcpracing519 has much to be proud ofcpracing519 has much to be proud ofcpracing519 has much to be proud ofcpracing519 has much to be proud ofcpracing519 has much to be proud ofcpracing519 has much to be proud ofcpracing519 has much to be proud ofcpracing519 has much to be proud ofcpracing519 has much to be proud ofcpracing519 has much to be proud of

HD removable bar

With a 1981 Suzuki GS550 bar pad.
Old 14th September 2012
Flat Track Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: Hot Rod Sportster XL 1203
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 100th Anniversary
FiftySixer is a name known to allFiftySixer is a name known to allFiftySixer is a name known to allFiftySixer is a name known to allFiftySixer is a name known to allFiftySixer is a name known to allFiftySixer is a name known to allFiftySixer is a name known to allFiftySixer is a name known to allFiftySixer is a name known to allFiftySixer is a name known to all
Default Driver sissy

Greetings All,

This was the little project that taught me great respect for those real fabricators out there. Just modding the bar and getting it to fit was an entire day with a torch and multiple files.

Anyway there you have it. Looks great and works great. I drove the bike from Ft. Lauderdale to Seebring and except in the small speed trap towns averaged over 90 almost the entire trip up and back. The sissy bar made the trip a joy. I leave it on the bike all the time now.

Old 14th September 2012
Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1250
Sportster/Buell Year: '02
Phillober has a brilliant futurePhillober has a brilliant futurePhillober has a brilliant futurePhillober has a brilliant futurePhillober has a brilliant futurePhillober has a brilliant futurePhillober has a brilliant futurePhillober has a brilliant futurePhillober has a brilliant futurePhillober has a brilliant futurePhillober has a brilliant future

Here's mine without the pad that's usually on it

Old 18th September 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: xl 883 Superlow 2011
Sportster/Buell Year: 2010
Other Motorcycle Model: Royal Enfield DeLuxe 1955
Other Motorcycle Year: 2006
Low Rider is an unknown quantity at this point

...hehehehe... I like short sissy...

http://imageshack.us/a/img832/2427/picture049zc.jpg

[IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img832/2427/picture049zc.jpg[/IMG]
Old 18th September 2012
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: SPORTSTER "old boy"
Sportster/Buell Year: 1997
Sportster/Buell Model #2: SPORTSTER CR (sold)
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1998
Other Motorcycle Model: Suzuki GSF 650 Bandit
Other Motorcycle Year: 2006
beuz has a reputation beyond reputebeuz has a reputation beyond reputebeuz has a reputation beyond reputebeuz has a reputation beyond reputebeuz has a reputation beyond reputebeuz has a reputation beyond reputebeuz has a reputation beyond reputebeuz has a reputation beyond reputebeuz has a reputation beyond reputebeuz has a reputation beyond reputebeuz has a reputation beyond repute

I've made mine to load all the camping set on the bike :

Old 18th September 2012
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XLX-61
Sportster/Buell Year: 1983
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda CL350
Other Motorcycle Year: 1969
83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of

Just thought I'd throw this tidbit of information out there for anyone thinking about buying one of those aftermarket round-stock sissy bars for your Sportster, if you have the curved fender struts (1982-1993). You can always buy the aftermarket bent side plates that bolt outside the fender struts and buy the matching round sissy bar, which is a little over 8" wide at the bottom, but I didn't want that.

What if you have the flat OEM sideplates that fit between the fender and the strut like I bought on eBay? I think these look much nicer, but if you look for a round sissy bar to fit them, you're seemingly out of luck. The catalog will either say N/A, or will reference the wide one that fits their own plates, not the OEM ones. I did some research and determined that the old FXR used the exact same OEM sissy bars as the '82 - '93 Sportster. It should follow, then, that a round sissy bar made for the FXR should fit the Sportster, too. I found a site with dimensions published, and the bottom width looked right (about 6-3/4"), so I ordered one (Drag Specialties #263613).

I received it a few days later, and like I hoped, it fit perfectly, with the bar slipping right into the sideplates and the bolt holes lining up just right. Nice and narrow... . I don't know why all the catalogs leave this fittment option out of their listings, but here is the proof that it fits. This may work for the '79-'81 Sportster, too, but I haven't researched it.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it (especially if you don't know what you're doing). Most Sportster problems are owner-induced.
Old 18th September 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 96
ilikeriding is on a distinguished roadilikeriding is on a distinguished roadilikeriding is on a distinguished roadilikeriding is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillober View Post
Here's mine without the pad that's usually on it

I'm doing the same thing to mine..I cut the middle peices out. Cheap ,simple and effective.
Know Thy Hog