The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Photos/Videos
XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Notices

Sportster Motorcycle Photos/Videos Post all the cool photos and videos of your Sportster here...

Members Birthdays
Main Menu
Sponsored Links

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
Dingo has much to be proud ofDingo has much to be proud ofDingo has much to be proud ofDingo has much to be proud ofDingo has much to be proud ofDingo has much to be proud ofDingo has much to be proud ofDingo has much to be proud ofDingo has much to be proud ofDingo has much to be proud ofDingo has much to be proud of
Default Pictures of your Evo with the smaller peanut

show off your evo with the smaller peanut
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: 883R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
Tom has much to be proud ofTom has much to be proud ofTom has much to be proud ofTom has much to be proud ofTom has much to be proud ofTom has much to be proud ofTom has much to be proud ofTom has much to be proud ofTom has much to be proud ofTom has much to be proud ofTom has much to be proud of

Here's some pics of my '86 883 I bought new from Dudley Perkins H-D in San Francisco. First pic is in the Marin headlands north of the Golden Gate bridge, the bike is less than a week old. Dudley's must've ordered the paint special as I've never seen another one like it.

Old 2 Weeks Ago
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH 1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 1993
Other Motorcycle Model: Moto Guzzi California EV
Other Motorcycle Year: 1998
jharback has a reputation beyond reputejharback has a reputation beyond reputejharback has a reputation beyond reputejharback has a reputation beyond reputejharback has a reputation beyond reputejharback has a reputation beyond reputejharback has a reputation beyond reputejharback has a reputation beyond reputejharback has a reputation beyond reputejharback has a reputation beyond reputejharback has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a pic of mine shortly after I got her.

4"Extended Jaybrake Forward Controls
Wide Wishbone Girder Front End
Super E Carb w/Forcewinder Air Cleaner
WetDreamz Pipes
Holographic Metal Flake Paint Job
Four Piston Jaybrake Calipers front & back
16" Carlini Apes
Old 2 Weeks Ago
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: fxr xl1200 5sp
Sportster/Buell Year: 95
Oldrump1 is a glorious beacon of lightOldrump1 is a glorious beacon of lightOldrump1 is a glorious beacon of lightOldrump1 is a glorious beacon of lightOldrump1 is a glorious beacon of lightOldrump1 is a glorious beacon of lightOldrump1 is a glorious beacon of lightOldrump1 is a glorious beacon of lightOldrump1 is a glorious beacon of lightOldrump1 is a glorious beacon of lightOldrump1 is a glorious beacon of light
Default double take

Hi Jim
Upgrade?

Gene

Last edited by Oldrump1; 2 Weeks Ago at 19:55.. Reason: forgot to say Hi jim
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Drag Race Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: xl1200s
Sportster/Buell Year: 2000
Other Motorcycle Model: klr650, tiger 955i
johnwesley is a splendid one to beholdjohnwesley is a splendid one to beholdjohnwesley is a splendid one to beholdjohnwesley is a splendid one to beholdjohnwesley is a splendid one to beholdjohnwesley is a splendid one to beholdjohnwesley is a splendid one to beholdjohnwesley is a splendid one to beholdjohnwesley is a splendid one to beholdjohnwesley is a splendid one to beholdjohnwesley is a splendid one to behold

Old 2 Weeks Ago
Senior Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 883/1200 Hugger
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1991
Other Motorcycle Model: Bonneville America (904)
Other Motorcycle Year: 2005
einheit 13 is a name known to alleinheit 13 is a name known to alleinheit 13 is a name known to alleinheit 13 is a name known to alleinheit 13 is a name known to alleinheit 13 is a name known to alleinheit 13 is a name known to alleinheit 13 is a name known to alleinheit 13 is a name known to alleinheit 13 is a name known to alleinheit 13 is a name known to all

Old 2 Weeks Ago

Sportster/Buell Model: xlh
Sportster/Buell Year: 1982
Other Motorcycle Model: FX
Other Motorcycle Year: 1976
Mosey has a reputation beyond reputeMosey has a reputation beyond reputeMosey has a reputation beyond reputeMosey has a reputation beyond reputeMosey has a reputation beyond reputeMosey has a reputation beyond reputeMosey has a reputation beyond reputeMosey has a reputation beyond reputeMosey has a reputation beyond reputeMosey has a reputation beyond reputeMosey has a reputation beyond repute

Ya know, those are Hummer/Sportster tanks. A very iconic and distinctive shape.

The peanut tank is not so triangular, more rounded like an actual peanut. Wish I was on my home computer cuz I have a couple pics of a genuine "peanut" tank.

I know lotsa folks call 'em peanut tanks but that's like calling a Lamborghini a Ferrari cuz they kinda look similar...
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Drag Race Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: xl1200s
Other Motorcycle Model: klr650, tiger 955i
johnwesley is a splendid one to beholdjohnwesley is a splendid one to beholdjohnwesley is a splendid one to beholdjohnwesley is a splendid one to beholdjohnwesley is a splendid one to beholdjohnwesley is a splendid one to beholdjohnwesley is a splendid one to beholdjohnwesley is a splendid one to beholdjohnwesley is a splendid one to beholdjohnwesley is a splendid one to beholdjohnwesley is a splendid one to behold

Yea I've seen them, but that like making people call a tomato a fruit, when most call it a vegetable. It's no big deal, unless the OP was asking for that rarity for which the sportster tank got its name.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Senior Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 883/1200 Hugger
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1991
Other Motorcycle Model: Bonneville America (904)
Other Motorcycle Year: 2005
einheit 13 is a name known to alleinheit 13 is a name known to alleinheit 13 is a name known to alleinheit 13 is a name known to alleinheit 13 is a name known to alleinheit 13 is a name known to alleinheit 13 is a name known to alleinheit 13 is a name known to alleinheit 13 is a name known to alleinheit 13 is a name known to alleinheit 13 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosey View Post
Ya know, those are Hummer/Sportster tanks. A very iconic and distinctive shape.

The peanut tank is not so triangular, more rounded like an actual peanut. Wish I was on my home computer cuz I have a couple pics of a genuine "peanut" tank.

I know lotsa folks call 'em peanut tanks but that's like calling a Lamborghini a Ferrari cuz they kinda look similar...
Of all the DKW copies, the Polish Falcon 125 is my favorite. The HD version....eehhh.

Sponsored Links
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Sportster/Buell Model: XLX-61
Sportster/Buell Year: 1983
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda CL350
Other Motorcycle Year: 1969
83XLX has a reputation beyond repute83XLX has a reputation beyond repute83XLX has a reputation beyond repute83XLX has a reputation beyond repute83XLX has a reputation beyond repute83XLX has a reputation beyond repute83XLX has a reputation beyond repute83XLX has a reputation beyond repute83XLX has a reputation beyond repute83XLX has a reputation beyond repute83XLX has a reputation beyond repute

One of my favorite Evo factory paint schemes, but I put it on my Ironhead...

If it ain't broke, don't fix it (especially if you don't know what you're doing). Most Sportster problems are owner-induced.