The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Photos/Videos
XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Notices

Sportster Motorcycle Photos/Videos Post all the cool photos and videos of your Sportster here...

Members Birthdays
Art C (67), Lucifer (54), mikew03xlc (48), igor196 (47), AUSTIN (46)
Sponsored Links

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9 Hours Ago
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 Hugger Stage 2 Tuned
Sportster/Buell Year: 1998
chugglet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My 04 Custom........the story so far

So a few months ago I bought my 3rd Sportster.

I had originally planned on leaving her stock but I kind of changed my mind somewhere along the way.

I have made a couple of subtle changes to the front end so far and today I finally got her back on the road looking like this!

Wide Glide front end with a Fatboy front wheel.
Black Mini Indicators.
Engine Sprayed Black.
Custom Fat Drag Bars.
RoughCrafts Aircleaner.

I can now start thinking about the back end.
I have a Burleybrand lowering kit and mini indicators for the rear as well as plans to spray the strut covers and maybe remove or modify the belt guard.

So Ladies & Gentlemen, what do you think so far??
Old 8 Hours Ago
JESTER SYNDICATE

Sportster/Buell Model: NRHS Stage II 1250-R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Rico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond repute

Looking good. Any plans for engine upgrades?
Old 7 Hours Ago
Senior Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200c
Sportster/Buell Year: 1996
Other Motorcycle Model: Triumph America
Other Motorcycle Year: 2002
Tin Man 2 has a reputation beyond reputeTin Man 2 has a reputation beyond reputeTin Man 2 has a reputation beyond reputeTin Man 2 has a reputation beyond reputeTin Man 2 has a reputation beyond reputeTin Man 2 has a reputation beyond reputeTin Man 2 has a reputation beyond reputeTin Man 2 has a reputation beyond reputeTin Man 2 has a reputation beyond reputeTin Man 2 has a reputation beyond reputeTin Man 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Will be watching to see how you balance this out, right now the front looks to big for the rest of the bike. Once you start down this road it's a never ending process. Maybe go with the trim the rear fender fad to show more tire, I would leave the belt guard as you need to keep some visual weight at the rear of the bike. Your beautiful paint will have to go and that's a shame as it looked like a nice clean bike when you started. I,m sure the bike will look Bad Azz when you pull it all together, keep us posted. P.S. Paint the center of your rear pulley Black and think about maybe blacking out the rough centers of both wheels also. Maybe a matching wide front fender would tone it down a bit and help pull it together.

Last edited by Tin Man 2; 7 Hours Ago at 23:00..
Old 7 Hours Ago
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200S
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLH883
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2003
Other Motorcycle Model: Triumph Bonneville
Other Motorcycle Year: 2012
sportsterdoc has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdoc has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdoc has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdoc has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdoc has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdoc has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdoc has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdoc has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdoc has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdoc has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdoc has a reputation beyond repute

You did not provide your location.
Is it prone to cross winds?
If so, a gust against those solid wheels could put you two lanes over from where you expect to be, if you are at cruising speed.
Ride with care.
Old 6 Hours Ago
XLF LIFEMEMBER Im retired

Sportster/Buell Model: XL50 0596 Black
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Other Motorcycle Model: E-Glide
Other Motorcycle Year: 2003
Bob F has a brilliant futureBob F has a brilliant futureBob F has a brilliant futureBob F has a brilliant futureBob F has a brilliant futureBob F has a brilliant futureBob F has a brilliant futureBob F has a brilliant futureBob F has a brilliant futureBob F has a brilliant futureBob F has a brilliant future

Quote:
You did not provide your location.
Quote:
About chugglet

City Taunton
State / Providence Somerset
Country UK
It's in his profile.

Nice looking scoot.
Old 6 Hours Ago
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200S
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLH883
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2003
Other Motorcycle Model: Triumph Bonneville
Other Motorcycle Year: 2012
sportsterdoc has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdoc has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdoc has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdoc has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdoc has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdoc has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdoc has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdoc has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdoc has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdoc has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob F View Post
It's in his profile.

Nice looking scoot.
Thanks

Tis nice, but I've been blown from center of west bound lane into center of east bound lane by an unexpected gust, in the middle of the desert and solid wheels have been reported to be much more effected.

Maybe being almost 2X the speed limit was a factor, but I would not want that to diminish my concern.
I was happy that there was no traffic and that the wind came from the north, not the south.