The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Photos/Videos
XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Notices

Sportster Motorcycle Photos/Videos Post all the cool photos and videos of your Sportster here...

Members Birthdays
snake173 (68), crospo (57), VETRAN (52), dbliss296, 76xlch (43), Lukas O (41), zinger883r (37), Kwest187 (36), fusion213 (32)
Main Menu
Sponsored Links

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5 Days Ago
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: 883L
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Baby883 has disabled reputation
Default My bundle of Joy...

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk
Old 5 Days Ago
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1460C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2000
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2006
sportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond repute

Nicely done, enjoy her.
I.B.A.#26543, Growing old-Mandatory/ Growing up-optional. Men do not quit playing because they get old, they get old because they stop playing!
Old 5 Days Ago
Drag Race Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 low
Sportster/Buell Year: 08
Other Motorcycle Model: fatboy
Other Motorcycle Year: 2010
schwede has much to be proud ofschwede has much to be proud ofschwede has much to be proud ofschwede has much to be proud ofschwede has much to be proud ofschwede has much to be proud ofschwede has much to be proud ofschwede has much to be proud ofschwede has much to be proud ofschwede has much to be proud ofschwede has much to be proud of

"Novel" placement of the gators. ..never seen that before. ..
Schwede
Old 4 Days Ago
Greasemonkey

Thanks Guys!

Old 4 Days Ago
Drag Race Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 low
Sportster/Buell Year: 08
Other Motorcycle Model: fatboy
Other Motorcycle Year: 2010
schwede has much to be proud ofschwede has much to be proud ofschwede has much to be proud ofschwede has much to be proud ofschwede has much to be proud ofschwede has much to be proud ofschwede has much to be proud ofschwede has much to be proud ofschwede has much to be proud ofschwede has much to be proud ofschwede has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwede View Post
"Novel" placement of the gators. ..never seen that before. ..
Schwede
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby883 View Post
Thanks Guys!

Not to be rude, but not really a compliment. ..just never seen the gators positioned there. .
Schwede
Old 4 Days Ago
Land Speed Record

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200x
Sportster/Buell Year: 2010
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 1200c
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2013
Other Motorcycle Model: 2011 electriglide classic
Other Motorcycle Year: sold
hlgsn has much to be proud ofhlgsn has much to be proud ofhlgsn has much to be proud ofhlgsn has much to be proud ofhlgsn has much to be proud ofhlgsn has much to be proud ofhlgsn has much to be proud ofhlgsn has much to be proud ofhlgsn has much to be proud ofhlgsn has much to be proud ofhlgsn has much to be proud of

Styling que or gator faux pas???

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Old 4 Days Ago
Greasemonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwede View Post
Not to be rude, but not really a compliment. ..just never seen the gators positioned there. .
Schwede
Wow.... well at least you honest...

It doesn't really matter where they go as long as they look good, this is not a dirt bike, they are there for the looks to to protect the seals from mud.

But, in case you are curious for a reason, here is the explanation.

I refused to pay the asking price for the correct gators that the real Iron883 comes with, so I found these on ebay for $1.99 and order them based on the photo.

When I got them I realized they were very different, skinny, flimsy, high frequency and too tall, so I taught wagg I lost $2 bucks, had no plans on using them...

I went ahead painted the bike and assembled everything that I took appart to realize that the throttle cables and the clutch cables were scratching the hech out of the forks I just painted...

This is when the useless gators came to mind, they are a life saver, they provide not only good looks, but the perfect solution to the issue of the cables rubbing the paint. And that is how they ended up where they are...

Side note... I was born in an island full of taboos, old people belived in all kinds of stuff and they were effective at passing it along, like a curse that lingers a gift that keeps on giving...

The point of this is that my grand mother used to say that some people are born with a flower in their butt, even when they shit themselves their farts smell like roses, and everyone else celebrates even their crap, while there are some of us that no matter what we do, if it is right or wrong we get hammered anyways....

Weather I had placed those gators on the tipical spot or not, you weren't going to like it... I just don't have the smelly flower on my butt.

Regardless, I am enjoying my bike, I day dream about her all the time, everything I want to do next, working on this bike has given me a joy I have not felt in such a long time....

I took her on the road last Sunday, I would look down on to that sparkling tank, proud of the fruits of my imagination, how everything came together so beautifully....

I don't think there was no other rider on the road on that day feeling such a pleasure and with as much joy as I was, no matter what they were riding....

Those are feelings that no hate can take away from me and joy that big money can not buy.

It is call life, got to live the moment, capture every breath, every adventure, every feeling, I am loving my bike, she is my own.

Old 4 Days Ago
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: MAGGY
Sportster/Buell Year: 1995
Sportster/Buell Model #2: HAMMRD
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2007
Other Motorcycle Model: XL1200X
Other Motorcycle Year: 2013
joes95bobber has a brilliant futurejoes95bobber has a brilliant futurejoes95bobber has a brilliant futurejoes95bobber has a brilliant futurejoes95bobber has a brilliant futurejoes95bobber has a brilliant futurejoes95bobber has a brilliant futurejoes95bobber has a brilliant futurejoes95bobber has a brilliant futurejoes95bobber has a brilliant futurejoes95bobber has a brilliant future

nice! how did you mount the tail bag?
Old 3 Days Ago
Greasemonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by joes95bobber View Post
nice! how did you mount the tail bag?
Another long winded story

I embarked on this journey to give the bike a make cover with not much know how and not a lot of money either, so every step of the way I had to be very councious of my spending, and that translated into buying the cheapest of the cheapest that I could find.

I realized the sportster has no place to store anything and I needed something to keep my regiatration, night/day riding glasses, phone and house keys, so I found that bag on Amazon as part of their in house great value selection, very affordable.

When I got it, and inspected the product, it had a good vintage design, beautiful bag, but the finish killed the deal, it is not even made out of fake leader, it is like a hard plastic with a textured surface, another disappointment.

But after walking around the bike with the bag on hand, I realized it was all for the best, the texture finish on the bag matched perfectly the texture finish on my fender from my lack of skills with plasti dip paint and the color also match perfectly.

When I held the bag with my hands on top of the rear fender the bag blended in like a camaleˇn, I saw the perfect adornment to add the finishing touch to the rough plasti dipped fender.

Talking about everything falling into place, the bag helped cover up the ugly holes that were left behind when I removed the lic bracket, so the hard plastic material of the bag came in handy, it is sturdy enough for me to drill two holes on it and bolt the bag to the fender using the same holes that were already on the fender.

And since the bag is next to the tail light where there is power, I ran a wire to the tail light and now I have a phone charger inside the bag so my phone charges while I ride.

Moral of the story is that I was able to kill several birds with one stone, the fact that bag is made the way it is, and from what it seems, that plastic is durable so I dont foresee it falling appart on me....

And best of all, out ofall the bikes I have seen looking for ideas, I never seen one bike with a bag at that position....

I was going to remove the tail light for a aode mount light, but I decided againt it, one I was tired and didn't want to mess with it any longer, and second the bag and the tail light are both classic, they complement each other.

Loving it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby883 View Post
Wow.... well at least you honest...

It doesn't really matter where they go as long as they look good, this is not a dirt bike, they are there for the looks to to protect the seals from mud.

But, in case you are curious for a reason, here is the explanation.

I refused to pay the asking price for the correct gators that the real Iron883 comes with, so I found these on ebay for $1.99 and order them based on the photo.

When I got them I realized they were very different, skinny, flimsy, high frequency and too tall, so I taught wagg I lost $2 bucks, had no plans on using them...

I went ahead painted the bike and assembled everything that I took appart to realize that the throttle cables and the clutch cables were scratching the hech out of the forks I just painted...

This is when the useless gators came to mind, they are a life saver, they provide not only good looks, but the perfect solution to the issue of the cables rubbing the paint. And that is how they ended up where they are...

Side note... I was born in an island full of taboos, old people belived in all kinds of stuff and they were effective at passing it along, like a curse that lingers a gift that keeps on giving...

The point of this is that my grand mother used to say that some people are born with a flower in their butt, even when they shit themselves their farts smell like roses, while there are some of us that no matter what we do, if it is right or wrong we get hammered anyways....

Weather I had placed those gators on the tipical spot or not, you weren't going to like it... I just don't have the smelly flower on my butt.

Regardless, I am enjoying my bike, I day dream about her all the time, everything I want to do next, working on this bike has given me a joy I have not felt in such a long time....

I took her on the road last Sunday, I would look down on to that sparkling tank, proud of the fruits of my imagination, how everything came together so beautifully....

I don't think there was no other rider on the road on that day feeling such a pleasure and with as much joy as I was, no matter what they were riding....

Those are feelings that no hate can take away from me and joy that big money can not buy.

It is call life, got to live the moment, capture every breath, every adventure, every feeling, I am loving my bike, she is my own.

Sponsored Links
Old 3 Days Ago
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1460C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2000
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2006
sportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond repute

You keep doing your thing smelly butt or not, the smile we get going down the road is priceless!