The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Motor Stage  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Seating and Luggage
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Seating and Luggage Here is where you post discussions about seating and luggage

Members Birthdays
ziggyhd1 (56), greven (54)
883 Sportster
Motor Stage
Progressive Suspension
Fix My Hog

Zippers Performance
Tags
iron 883, saddlebag

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th July 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: Iron 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2012
jcp888 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Saddlebags for Iron 883

Hi,

Looking for some saddlebags for my 2012 Iron 883. I want something that is easy to put on and take off as I'm only really using it to take paperwork home from work on occasions.

Cheers
Old 22nd July 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2011
Rayst is an unknown quantity at this point

I found a set after about two weeks of searching, they were cheap but they should do till i can save up for quality.

Jafrum is the company.
SD4061 is the set i got on mine.
Saddlebags 12.5WX11HX6.5D
Old 22nd July 2012
XL FORUM LIFE MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL50 0596 Black
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Other Motorcycle Model: E-Glide
Other Motorcycle Year: 2003
Bob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to the XLForum.

Don's Cycleware is a supporting vendor here: http://donscycleware.com/saddlebags.html

Sportys tend to keep getting faster the longer you own them.
Old 22nd July 2012
Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: iron 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2010
TinMan_4L is a splendid one to beholdTinMan_4L is a splendid one to beholdTinMan_4L is a splendid one to beholdTinMan_4L is a splendid one to beholdTinMan_4L is a splendid one to beholdTinMan_4L is a splendid one to beholdTinMan_4L is a splendid one to beholdTinMan_4L is a splendid one to beholdTinMan_4L is a splendid one to beholdTinMan_4L is a splendid one to beholdTinMan_4L is a splendid one to behold

http://www.plunderdog.com/
Old 23rd July 2012
Flat Track Racer

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
Scott1953 is a jewel in the roughScott1953 is a jewel in the roughScott1953 is a jewel in the roughScott1953 is a jewel in the roughScott1953 is a jewel in the roughScott1953 is a jewel in the roughScott1953 is a jewel in the roughScott1953 is a jewel in the roughScott1953 is a jewel in the roughScott1953 is a jewel in the roughScott1953 is a jewel in the rough

Dude!
Don't take work home, its a slippery slope.

Repeat this phrase: " Sorry boss, but I'm trying to save money on gas, so I ride the bike, sorry but there's no way to carry these valuable documents safely."

Old 23rd July 2012
Senior Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883N
Loner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud of

not to go off the topic. I use a tankbag that turns into a backpack for papers and books, and a backpack a lot of the other times,
i've tried the messanger bags for motorcycling but they make me feel off balance.

there are briefcases that mount like tank bags.
Old 23rd July 2012
XL Forum Gold Supporting Vendor

Sportster/Buell Model: XL
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Other Motorcycle Model: 02 SV gone but not forgot
ozark is a splendid one to beholdozark is a splendid one to beholdozark is a splendid one to beholdozark is a splendid one to beholdozark is a splendid one to beholdozark is a splendid one to beholdozark is a splendid one to beholdozark is a splendid one to beholdozark is a splendid one to beholdozark is a splendid one to beholdozark is a splendid one to behold
Default Your timing is great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp888 View Post
Hi,

Looking for some saddlebags for my 2012 Iron 883. I want something that is easy to put on and take off as I'm only really using it to take paperwork home from work on occasions.

Cheers

I have another huge shipment of XL Series IV throw over saddlebags arriving. In order to get the price down I had to order more than I could use.

That is good news for the XL Forum members. I am making them available to Forum members at the wholesale price. Fifty dollars off my lowest retail price.The Forum is the only place I will be making this price known.

To order your bags at the reduce price enter the coupon code: xlbags
when you check out. The shopping cart will automatically subtract Fifty Bucks from the price.

Want to save even more? Mail in your domestic order paid with a money order and it ships for free.

Questions? email me at donc314@hotmail.com

All my best!

Ozark (Don)

Get them here: DCW Plain jane

Old 23rd July 2012
XL Forum Gold Supporting Vendor

Sportster/Buell Model: XL
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Other Motorcycle Model: 02 SV gone but not forgot
ozark is a splendid one to beholdozark is a splendid one to beholdozark is a splendid one to beholdozark is a splendid one to beholdozark is a splendid one to beholdozark is a splendid one to beholdozark is a splendid one to beholdozark is a splendid one to beholdozark is a splendid one to beholdozark is a splendid one to beholdozark is a splendid one to behold
Default I am running a fifty dollars off sale for Forum members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob F View Post
Welcome to the XLForum.

Don's Cycleware is a supporting vendor here: http://donscycleware.com/saddlebags.html
Thanks Bob!

I am running a fifty dollars off sale for Forum members. Get'em while you can

Ozark (Don)
Old 23rd July 2012
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
PistolPete is an unknown quantity at this point

i have been using a set of tourmaster cruiser II slant bags. medium, i think. they are the only saddle bag i found (im sure there are many others though) that fits with the stock plate/signals on the iron/nightster. just toss em on when you need it, and take em off when you dont.

down side is, since i dont have supports, if you ride for a long time, the shocks can wear through the padding on the back. i put about 2000 miles with them on, and its got a small hole in the pad. but the pad is to protect the bag itself, the "leather" (actually synthetic) is still okay. i dont know if it will get much worse, but i will find out next week when i put another 1k on em.

Last edited by PistolPete; 23rd July 2012 at 02:12.. Reason: not real leather!
Old 25th July 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: Iron 883
jcp888 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi guys!

thanks for the info, i'll have athink about it.

cheers

ps scott1953 too late for that but at least i enjoy my work! a lot of people can't say that.
Know Thy Hog