The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Energy One Clutches  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > Ironhead Sportster Motorcycle Talk (1957-1985)
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Ironhead Sportster Motorcycle Talk (1957-1985) For all those that wanna talk about Ironhead Sportster Motorcycles

Members Birthdays
RYCA Motors
Sky Smith Insurance
Energy One Clutches
Energy One Clutches

DK Customs

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd August 2012
Senior Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: XLCH
Sportster/Buell Year: 1969
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLR Tribute
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1962
Other Motorcycle Model: XLH
Other Motorcycle Year: 1968
16ouncePBR is a glorious beacon of light16ouncePBR is a glorious beacon of light16ouncePBR is a glorious beacon of light16ouncePBR is a glorious beacon of light16ouncePBR is a glorious beacon of light16ouncePBR is a glorious beacon of light16ouncePBR is a glorious beacon of light16ouncePBR is a glorious beacon of light16ouncePBR is a glorious beacon of light16ouncePBR is a glorious beacon of light16ouncePBR is a glorious beacon of light

Here is the link to some info on the airport...

http://vansantairport.com/
Old 3rd August 2012

16ouncePBR is a glorious beacon of light16ouncePBR is a glorious beacon of light16ouncePBR is a glorious beacon of light16ouncePBR is a glorious beacon of light16ouncePBR is a glorious beacon of light16ouncePBR is a glorious beacon of light16ouncePBR is a glorious beacon of light16ouncePBR is a glorious beacon of light16ouncePBR is a glorious beacon of light16ouncePBR is a glorious beacon of light16ouncePBR is a glorious beacon of light

Here are the links to the previous GBB events...

Version 1.0:

http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/s...ls+bike+brunch

Version 2.0:

http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/s...&highlight=GBB

http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/s...&highlight=GBB
Old 3rd August 2012

I hope to ride this, if I can get my feet to touch the pegs...

Old 3rd August 2012
Harley Engineer

murph1068 is just really nicemurph1068 is just really nicemurph1068 is just really nicemurph1068 is just really nicemurph1068 is just really nicemurph1068 is just really nicemurph1068 is just really nicemurph1068 is just really nicemurph1068 is just really nicemurph1068 is just really nicemurph1068 is just really nice

I will mark it on the calendar and do my best. Thanks Lee! I am still doing research to prove it, but I'm starting to loose faith that this is original paint so I'll ride in the back.

Old 3rd August 2012

Murph, that looks 60's OEM to me.

"Purple Haze"

-Love, peace, and chicken grease.
Know Thy Hog

Old 3rd August 2012
Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLH
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1960
Other Motorcycle Model: XLCH
Other Motorcycle Year: 1959
Magneto Sportster is a splendid one to beholdMagneto Sportster is a splendid one to beholdMagneto Sportster is a splendid one to beholdMagneto Sportster is a splendid one to beholdMagneto Sportster is a splendid one to beholdMagneto Sportster is a splendid one to beholdMagneto Sportster is a splendid one to beholdMagneto Sportster is a splendid one to beholdMagneto Sportster is a splendid one to beholdMagneto Sportster is a splendid one to beholdMagneto Sportster is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ouncePBR View Post
I hope to ride this, if I can get my feet to touch the pegs...

You look much taller in person, 16oz
Old 4th August 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by antsap View Post
Count me in too! Any way we can allow my shovel riding brother to join in? (he actually is my brother).
I promise to make him park away from us ;-)

Hell yeah, Artie Lange can join in what ever he is riding.

See you there.

When committing, add in your hometown and state in for cred.

Awesome.
Old 4th August 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2001
draboo is on a distinguished roaddraboo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto Sportster View Post
Back by popular demand - The latest edition of the Girl's Bike Brunch: *The* premier Ironhead Sportster gathering!

It's approaching that time of the year again....the time when ironhead riders near and far gather in Central New Jersey for breakfast, bike talk, and most importantly, to RIDE their Ironhead Sportsters! The date for the fall GBB is Saturday, September 29th at 10:00 AM.

The theme for this gathering, as always, is riding your ironhead!
The sub-theme is original paint bikes, so bring them out if you have one.
A free side order of hashbrowns will be provided to anyone riding a black 1969 XLCH, so ride yours if you have one and like hashbrowns.
As always, free breakfast for anyone riding in from outside the USA. (Proper photo ID must be provided to prove foreign residency in order to redeem free breakfast offer)

We will be meeting at Orlando's Grill (formerly The Brass Ring Cafe) in Hopewell, NJ. The address is 310 State Highway 31 N Hopewell, NJ 08525. It is about 100 feet north of the Route 518 intersection on Route 31.

Here is the map:
304 n. 31 08525 - Google Maps

And here is what it looks like, although the sign has changed to reflect the new name:
304 n. 31 08525 - Google Maps

As in the past, once we have filled our bellies and checked out each others' bikes, we will ride about 20 minutes to the Van Sant Airport just across the bridge in Erwinna, PA to relax, talk, and watch the old airplanes and gliders taking off/landing.

We have held this gathering twice in the past and it is truly a blast to see so many old ironheads together in one place. If you are free on 9/29 and are within riding distance, it would be great to meet you so come on out!

Here are some photos from past GBB events:

Alright guys, you have about 8 weeks to prepare. Get your bikes tuned up, polished, and ready! 16ouncePBR and I are hoping to see even more Ironheads this time!
Wish I had my ol' ironhead so I could make the 2100+ mi trip

I do have a question about the first two 'heads in the top pic.(the red,then the black one).

I am desperate to get a pair of those tank emblems. Are those stickers that go over the top of the final clear coat, or are those the decal type that get cleared over until smooth?

Which ever they are, where in the hell can I find them. I ve been looking/googling with no luck.

Thanks..some beautiful old irons in these pics! Just looking at the instrument cluster on the red sport makes me...

Brad
Old 4th August 2012

Well the first 2 are a 67CH and a 62CH. Both are decals and originally were placed over the base coat. Now more than likely under the clear.

This chap sells them, depending on year...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/flattracker2...&_trksid=p3984

Rick Simpson - rdns@geneseo.net

I will leave it to the resto guys to talk further. I am now a rider. Thanks to my Docs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by draboo View Post
Wish I had my ol' ironhead so I could make the 2100+ mi trip

I do have a question about the first two 'heads in the top pic.(the red,then the black one).

I am desperate to get a pair of those tank emblems. Are those stickers that go over the top of the final clear coat, or are those the decal type that get cleared over until smooth?

Which ever they are, where in the hell can I find them. I ve been looking/googling with no luck.

Thanks..some beautiful old irons in these pics! Just looking at the instrument cluster on the red sport makes me...

Brad
Old 4th August 2012
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: xlch
Sportster/Buell Year: 1960
brucstoudt is a name known to allbrucstoudt is a name known to allbrucstoudt is a name known to allbrucstoudt is a name known to allbrucstoudt is a name known to allbrucstoudt is a name known to allbrucstoudt is a name known to allbrucstoudt is a name known to allbrucstoudt is a name known to allbrucstoudt is a name known to allbrucstoudt is a name known to all

long range rider's,from far away place's,may have traveled far enough,just getting there. just an,observation.
72 1000cc barrels and heads, s&s 41/2'' flywheels, sifton cams, s&s super B w/ zippers thunderjet w/yost powertube, andrews gears,and shafts, competition engineering kevlar wet or dry clutch, 72 oil pump, morris magneto w/auto advance and single fire module, cycle electric generator w/electronic regulator,73 cu.in.
Know Thy Hog