The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Burly  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Drivetrain > Sportster Motorcycle Tires, Wheels, and Brakes
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Tires, Wheels, and Brakes Discuss issues with Sportster motorcycle tires, wheels and brakes.

Members Birthdays
Lowbrow Customs
Energy One Clutches
Bison Motorsports
BIKE BUILDER

Motor Stage

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th January 2008
Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: xl883c
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Other Motorcycle Model: 2 gold wings
Other Motorcycle Year: 7684
bills bikes will become famous soon enoughbills bikes will become famous soon enoughbills bikes will become famous soon enoughbills bikes will become famous soon enoughbills bikes will become famous soon enoughbills bikes will become famous soon enough
Default glide front wheel

i have a 05 custom. i would like to put a 16" on the front . will a 04 electra glide front fit if i change the bearings ? the hub with is what iam thinking about. i want to use a 110 90 16 tire. i mite be able to get the front and rear for less then a 100 with tires [ tires aren't much good ] and rotors. hope to hear from some of you out there on what you think good or bad. going for the bagsters look.
thanks ahead of time
p.s. look out for my spelling.
Old 30th January 2008
Senior Chief Know It All 2nd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: FLHTC - Finally!
Other Motorcycle Year: 2008
langner91 is a jewel in the roughlangner91 is a jewel in the roughlangner91 is a jewel in the roughlangner91 is a jewel in the roughlangner91 is a jewel in the roughlangner91 is a jewel in the roughlangner91 is a jewel in the roughlangner91 is a jewel in the roughlangner91 is a jewel in the roughlangner91 is a jewel in the roughlangner91 is a jewel in the rough

I don't know what else you would have to change, but I gotta believe that an e'glide front wheel is WAY wider than any sporty front end will allow. Isn't it?

I know the FL front end on my Heritage is quite a bit wider than my '06 Sporty and I doubt that tire would fit.

It would look awesome, but I think you will need a different front end (triple trees at least).
Old 30th January 2008
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 1998 S= Superior Model
Sportster/Buell Year: 1998
shotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bills bikes View Post
i have a 05 custom. i would like to put a 16" on the front . will a 04 electra glide front fit if i change the bearings ? the hub with is what iam thinking about. i want to use a 110 90 16 tire. i mite be able to get the front and rear for less then a 100 with tires [ tires aren't much good ] and rotors. hope to hear from some of you out there on what you think good or bad. going for the bagsters look.
thanks ahead of time
p.s. look out for my spelling.

http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/s...hreadid=103597 look at this !
Old 30th January 2008
Chief Master Mechanic

bills bikes will become famous soon enoughbills bikes will become famous soon enoughbills bikes will become famous soon enoughbills bikes will become famous soon enoughbills bikes will become famous soon enoughbills bikes will become famous soon enough

stock rim is 2 1/2" and i think the glide should be 3" with a 110 tire it should fit. i guy on here put a 130 on and had to take 1/16" off the legs. the main thing is the hub. he use a sportster hub lace to a glide wheel.iam just trying to take the esey way outbut i may haft to go the long way.
Old 31st January 2008
Chief Master Mechanic

<<<<<bump>>>>>
Know Thy Hog