The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Burly  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > Ironhead Sportster Motorcycle Talk (1957-1985)
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Ironhead Sportster Motorcycle Talk (1957-1985) For all those that wanna talk about Ironhead Sportster Motorcycles

Members Birthdays
motobraz, dwr302, xlchjoe (60), rider31 (54), Viper (42), KJcrownRRdriver (42), krafty (38), EezyE (37), SmokeyXL (34)
Figure Machine
Lowbrow Customs
Burly
Licks Holiday

Zippers Performance

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th September 2012
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH
Sportster/Buell Year: 1979
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLH
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1977
Other Motorcycle Model: Sturgis FXB
Other Motorcycle Year: 1981
DGranite is a jewel in the roughDGranite is a jewel in the roughDGranite is a jewel in the roughDGranite is a jewel in the roughDGranite is a jewel in the roughDGranite is a jewel in the roughDGranite is a jewel in the roughDGranite is a jewel in the roughDGranite is a jewel in the roughDGranite is a jewel in the roughDGranite is a jewel in the rough
Default OWls Head Bike Show Labor Day Weekend 2012

Ironhead78 already posted a good thread on some of these bikes. I just thought for those of you that like the old stuff a few more never hurts.
RuningMouse and I rode up together and Just missed Ironhead78 it seems..did meet CAfeCarl though, so that was cool. It was a long day for us..Runingmouse and I went 291 miles altogether Saturday.. Sebago to Augusta to Rockland to brunswick to SO Portland to Arundal and then back to Casco(Sebago)..A Long satisfying day of riding!
Anyways..Here some pics I took of the bikes ...OK a lot of pics..
I Do Not know all the different years of things..I got to go by memeory...didnt write anything down.
Im sure if I get it wrong someone will chime in and help out.
A wide variety at the show..Heres a sampling..some of these 78Ironhead has already put up (we liked a lot of the same stuff lol) But a few different views...so, here you go..
** CAUTION CRAPPY CELL PHONE PICS AHEAD **

Ill start of with the vincent

The Builder of this Bike was listed as "SteamPaul"..
If I remember correctly..started out as a 69 BMW....I call it the Steampunk BMW...or just...cool

Heres a 69 Shovel with a ton of money in it..very nice Chopper

Love the post seat on this old FL..

How about some WWII type rides?
Norton...

Not Norton..lol

GOT to have some early stuff...
Excelsior...1915 I THINK...When we got there they were riding it around..

Somthing really old (replica)

I beilieve this was a 1908 Harley.

An 1898 Leon Bollee Tri Car. Early Trike? Can Am inspiration?

I THINK this was a 32

This 58 Duo Glide was very cool..Shows some years, and Miles!

A nice old Indian...sweet..

and another, I thought the early exposed kickstart was cool too

YES...There were some Ironheads there...
Caught CafeCarl just as he was leaving, nice guy. Only about 15-20 miles from me. Here he is getting ready to go..

75Ironhead was there with his friend with a 67..75Ironhead's is the blue one..
plus a few more of the turtle tank 67

Just before we left I grabbed a couple pics of Runingmouse and my bikes..we were there lol a Pair of 79s..my XLH..and Runingmouse's XLCH,one of 141 of the last of the kickers offered.

I think thats everything ...o...wait a minute...cant forget the BMW guys..

Old 6th September 2012
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: xlh 1000
Sportster/Buell Year: 1975
leadfootlambert is a jewel in the roughleadfootlambert is a jewel in the roughleadfootlambert is a jewel in the roughleadfootlambert is a jewel in the roughleadfootlambert is a jewel in the roughleadfootlambert is a jewel in the roughleadfootlambert is a jewel in the roughleadfootlambert is a jewel in the roughleadfootlambert is a jewel in the roughleadfootlambert is a jewel in the roughleadfootlambert is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the great pics, I wish I could have gone with you guys, maybe next time!
Old 7th September 2012
I am the great Cornholio!

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: Suzuki GT550
Other Motorcycle Year: 1974
ParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond repute

Cool, thanks for sharing

Sturgis 2009
Around the Lakes 2010
Texas 2011
New England 2011
Wreaths Across America 2011
Labor Day 2012
My first rally - Void 7
Pensacola 2012
Forum trip to Boyer WV July 2013
Coast to Coast to Coast in 100 hours

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne - "The Shootist"
Old 7th September 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XR 1000
Sportster/Buell Year: 1983
Other Motorcycle Model: Enfield
Other Motorcycle Year: 2004
RGT is a jewel in the roughRGT is a jewel in the roughRGT is a jewel in the roughRGT is a jewel in the roughRGT is a jewel in the roughRGT is a jewel in the roughRGT is a jewel in the roughRGT is a jewel in the roughRGT is a jewel in the roughRGT is a jewel in the roughRGT is a jewel in the rough

some neat bikes for sure. I have never made it up to the Owleshead museum but I used to work on an early 671 detroit genset that we got from them, we traded an old Myers piston pump for it....