The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum S&S Cycle  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > GENERAL AREA > Off-Topic/General Discussion
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Off-Topic/General Discussion Here is you can submit non-Sportster related topics. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION PLEASE.

Members Birthdays
black pearl (70), SDREDD (53), pig (51), BonRu (49), cbass (41), ssm7530 (39), SxysCowboy (31)
Motor Stage
Lickscycles
Fix My Hog
Lowbrow Customs

Motor Stage

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th March 2013
Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster xl1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
rob91326 is a name known to allrob91326 is a name known to allrob91326 is a name known to allrob91326 is a name known to allrob91326 is a name known to allrob91326 is a name known to allrob91326 is a name known to allrob91326 is a name known to allrob91326 is a name known to allrob91326 is a name known to allrob91326 is a name known to all
Default Refi Harley Loan with Bad Credit

I know this has been talked about before but I'm trying to refi my high interest harley loan in california and my credit isn't exactly the best. Any referrals to a lender who can refi my loan at a decent rate other than credit unions. I was thinking about a personal loan with the bike as collateral.

Anyone with ideas let me know...would like to do it asap.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

[IMG]http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/s615/rob91326/09HD1200C_zps42bcd1cf.jpg[/IMG]
Old 27th March 2013
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 XLH
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
Other Motorcycle Model: Dyna Street Bob
Other Motorcycle Year: 2008
fafcpa is a glorious beacon of lightfafcpa is a glorious beacon of lightfafcpa is a glorious beacon of lightfafcpa is a glorious beacon of lightfafcpa is a glorious beacon of lightfafcpa is a glorious beacon of lightfafcpa is a glorious beacon of lightfafcpa is a glorious beacon of lightfafcpa is a glorious beacon of lightfafcpa is a glorious beacon of lightfafcpa is a glorious beacon of light

Your best bet is a credit union. Don't think a private party would be interested in holding the paper on a motorcycle.

Fred
Old 27th March 2013
Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster xl1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
rob91326 is a name known to allrob91326 is a name known to allrob91326 is a name known to allrob91326 is a name known to allrob91326 is a name known to allrob91326 is a name known to allrob91326 is a name known to allrob91326 is a name known to allrob91326 is a name known to allrob91326 is a name known to allrob91326 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by fafcpa View Post
Your best bet is a credit union. Don't think a private party would be interested in holding the paper on a motorcycle.

Fred
Not a private party, a personal loan with a bank and the bike as collateral.
Old 28th March 2013
Red Beard Cycles

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH-1208
Sportster/Buell Year: 1997
ReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond repute

most major banks will not do a personal loan with the bike as collateral. They will do a vehicle loan.

Most credit unions today have lowered the "requirements" check around your area and see what the requirements are. I know of some in NY that if you LIVE in a particular area, you can get in the CU.

Your best bet is going to be either a CU or a local (not national) bank.. Walk in and talk to them. See if you can get a copy of your Credit Report BEFORE you walk in. Ask the loan manager if they can give you a determination BEFORE running your credit with the report in hand. or at the very least know your score..

Trust me when I tell you that financing is a real pain with less then perfect credit.. and even worse when you decide to live a cash life for 10+ years.

States I've Ridden in

71.3 hp 70.8 tq

1208cc 11.09:1 (Wiseco 10° Dome 10.5:1 .010 over) ,Screamin Eagle Dual Plug Heads (10° 61cc), Original SE A/C, Vance & Hines Straight Shots w/ Custom Baffles. SE 6800 ign, Dual BREMBO brakes/ Pirelli Night Dragon MU85-16 Rear - 100/90-19 Front. Progressive Springs & 412 HD 13½" Chrome Shocks, 5½" pullback riser w/ "reddtigger mount", Stebel Nautilus Compact Air horn, Mustang Vintage Super Wide Touring Seat, Alto Carbonite Clutch
Old 28th March 2013
JESTER MAFIA WEST

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: 48 "Totalled" By a Douche
Other Motorcycle Year: 2012
rocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond repute

I would like one too !
My credit union wont talk to me untill my score is above 650 !
2006 Sportster XL1200C
Mikuni HSR 45
Jetted 27.5 slow,172.5 Main
97 Needle,Clip posistion 3
Hurricane Flow 3" offset AC,Rocketman Mod
Daytona Twin Tec TC88A,Rico Nomad Map
Sumax Thundervolt plug wires,NGK DCPR8EIX spark plugs. Gapped .040 and Indexed
Cycle Electric Stator and Regulator
Alto Carbonite Clutch
Royal Purple 20W50 MC Primary oil
Patriot Defender Pipe
Royal Purple 20W50 MC oil
Wix 57148 oil filter
Max Power, 79.17
Max Torque, 75.98
Know Thy Hog

Old 28th March 2013
Master Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: Turbo Nightster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2010
Crosshairs has a reputation beyond reputeCrosshairs has a reputation beyond reputeCrosshairs has a reputation beyond reputeCrosshairs has a reputation beyond reputeCrosshairs has a reputation beyond reputeCrosshairs has a reputation beyond reputeCrosshairs has a reputation beyond reputeCrosshairs has a reputation beyond reputeCrosshairs has a reputation beyond reputeCrosshairs has a reputation beyond reputeCrosshairs has a reputation beyond repute

if your credit is bad, your probably not going to get anyone to give you a loan ....just suck it up and pay off what you owe....in time your credit will get better.

if your trying to save money due to high interest, just pay it off quicker if you can.
Old 28th March 2013
Super Moderator

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster 883L
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda CB350 Cafe Style
Other Motorcycle Year: 1970
khaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosshairs View Post
if your credit is bad, your probably not going to get anyone to give you a loan ....just suck it up and pay off what you owe....in time your credit will get better.

if your trying to save money due to high interest, just pay it off quicker if you can.
That's what I did, I ended up paying my loan off 11 months early by paying a little extra each payment.

2006 883L
AN Big Sucker Stage 1
Rejetted Carb: Slow 45, Main 175
Vance & Hines Side Shots
Flat Track bars, 4" Joker Machine Risers
Joker Machine Speedo Mount
Speedway Instrument MicroTach
Mid Controls
Lepera Daytona Sport or Lepera Bare Bones Solo
Black Progressive 412 12.5" shocks
Progressive Fork Springs
Knock-off SE Fork Brace
Chopped Rear Fender
Custom Taillight

Ol' Greasy Karl of the Spirit Stalkers MC
Outlaw Name Generator

XLForum Business Card Template

BEFORE YOU CLIMB ON YOUR MOTORCYCLE, CHECK THAT THE NUT THAT CONNECTS THE HANDLEBAR TO THE SEAT IS NEITHER TOO TIGHT NOR TOO LOOSE.
Old 28th March 2013
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
Brianmac883 has a reputation beyond reputeBrianmac883 has a reputation beyond reputeBrianmac883 has a reputation beyond reputeBrianmac883 has a reputation beyond reputeBrianmac883 has a reputation beyond reputeBrianmac883 has a reputation beyond reputeBrianmac883 has a reputation beyond reputeBrianmac883 has a reputation beyond reputeBrianmac883 has a reputation beyond reputeBrianmac883 has a reputation beyond reputeBrianmac883 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaskins View Post
That's what I did, I ended up paying my loan off 11 months early by paying a little extra each payment.
Very good strategy... Harley financing is "simple interest"... you can pay a bit more each month towards the principal and reduce both the total interest you will pay and the term of the loan.

2002 XL883R – Screamin' Eagle Pro 2 into 1 * SE A/C * Re-jet - stock main, 45 slow * Goodridge SS brake lines

Sportster: Blowing away Big Twins since 1957

“Life is short… break the rules, forgive quickly, love honestly, laugh easy, keep it simple, ride often, ride free and never regret anything that makes you smile.”

Old 28th March 2013
Red Beard Cycles

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH-1208
Sportster/Buell Year: 1997
ReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond repute

WHile it may be true that simple interest loan off early, if you can deduct 3-4 points of interest, you will pay considerably less. I am about 3 months away from refinancing my toolbox through Snap ON for the same reason. Used the new tech loan to reestablish credit.. paid high interest for a year on time plus some, now I can (Hopefully) refinance to a lower rate..
Old 28th March 2013
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster 1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 06
milmat1 has a brilliant futuremilmat1 has a brilliant futuremilmat1 has a brilliant futuremilmat1 has a brilliant futuremilmat1 has a brilliant futuremilmat1 has a brilliant futuremilmat1 has a brilliant futuremilmat1 has a brilliant futuremilmat1 has a brilliant futuremilmat1 has a brilliant futuremilmat1 has a brilliant future

Thats what my SIL done. HD financed him but the interest was phenomonal. He refinanced at American General Finance and they dropped the intetest way down. Still higher rate because of credit problems but nowhere near what HD was charging. And he had a couple of repo's on his cr....
Look for finance companies locally. There are lots of them so shop around a little....

Sent from my LGL35G using Tapatalk 2
How to Check the Diaphragm! : Diaphragm_Test
REPLACING INTAKE/CARB SEALS:Replacing Intake Seals
MAINTENANCE INFO 04-06 : HANDY REFFERENCE

My futile attempt at Blogging: http://toolstolivewith.blogspot.com/

:
Know Thy Hog