The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Get Lowered  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE & BUELL MOTORCYCLE FORUM - GENERAL DISCUSSION > Product Reviews
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Notices

Product Reviews Here is where you can write up your own review of bikes, parts, or accessories.

Please do not post problems in here unless replying to a review. Please post problems with specific parts or accessories in their respective forum topics.

Members Birthdays
nate74, daPainta (63), BobboJama (61), whoopeekat (60), steelbreeze (58), Rio (53), paragon (50), miztacrabbypants (45), Truck (40)
Superbrace
Sky Smith Insurance
DK Customs
Motor Stage

RYCA Motors

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st November 2005
Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL standard 883/1200 conv
Bill2 has disabled reputation
Default Bike Music systems

Anyone have a nice sounding music system set up on your bike? Any reviews of good earplug type speakers or handle bar mounted speakers? Would like to hear from everybody that has a nice music set up.
Old 21st November 2005
~~RIP Johnny G~~

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster 1200 Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Paulie420 is just really nicePaulie420 is just really nicePaulie420 is just really nicePaulie420 is just really nicePaulie420 is just really nicePaulie420 is just really nicePaulie420 is just really nicePaulie420 is just really nicePaulie420 is just really nicePaulie420 is just really nicePaulie420 is just really nice

I too would like some kinda tunes on my bike. I always figured thats for when ya'r riding a dresser, but I find myself jammin out to nothing. I bet I'd really be rockin with tunes blastin somehow.

I am very leary of just iPodding it or really any in ear kind. I wanna hear the outside too man...

2005 Sportster 1200 Custom
Vance & Hines Sideshots, Screamin Eagle A/C, Detachable Sissy Bar, LayDown Brake Light, Smoked Lenses, SaddleBags, And an Attitude to Boot

Old 21st November 2005
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
Other Motorcycle Model: BMW R1200RT
Other Motorcycle Year: 2005
cadiero will become famous soon enoughcadiero will become famous soon enoughcadiero will become famous soon enoughcadiero will become famous soon enoughcadiero will become famous soon enoughcadiero will become famous soon enoughcadiero will become famous soon enoughcadiero will become famous soon enough

I use an MP3 player with a built in FM radio. KOSS makes soft foam ear buds that go in your ear like an ear plug. Works great with a windshield and still works okay without.

for short rides they are a pain sometimes, I usually only use them on rides 100 miles or more. But anything less than that I don't need to worry about boredom anyway.

Nice thing is for less than $100 you have your music and the bike you love without an ugly radio.
Old 21st November 2005
XL FORUM LIFE MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 XLC
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
Other Motorcycle Model: Suzuki GS 750 L
Other Motorcycle Year: 81
thatbikerguy has much to be proud ofthatbikerguy has much to be proud ofthatbikerguy has much to be proud ofthatbikerguy has much to be proud ofthatbikerguy has much to be proud ofthatbikerguy has much to be proud ofthatbikerguy has much to be proud ofthatbikerguy has much to be proud ofthatbikerguy has much to be proud ofthatbikerguy has much to be proud ofthatbikerguy has much to be proud of

I keep my tunes up in my head.
Old 22nd November 2005
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
Other Motorcycle Model: BMW R1200RT
cadiero will become famous soon enoughcadiero will become famous soon enoughcadiero will become famous soon enoughcadiero will become famous soon enoughcadiero will become famous soon enoughcadiero will become famous soon enoughcadiero will become famous soon enoughcadiero will become famous soon enough

Yeah that works too, cheaper too!
Know Thy Hog

Old 22nd November 2005
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2010
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 1200 Custom
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2009
darth is a splendid one to beholddarth is a splendid one to beholddarth is a splendid one to beholddarth is a splendid one to beholddarth is a splendid one to beholddarth is a splendid one to beholddarth is a splendid one to beholddarth is a splendid one to beholddarth is a splendid one to beholddarth is a splendid one to beholddarth is a splendid one to behold

Check out this review I posted a few months back... I've got a pair of these in my Shoei RF900 helmet, connected to an XM radio.

http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/s...ghlight=edsets

My Gallery

Ol' Wrench Head of the White Werewolfes MC
Old 22nd November 2005
US NAVY Vet, ADR2

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 1994
Other Motorcycle Model: FXD SuperGlide
FSZEKE302 is a jewel in the roughFSZEKE302 is a jewel in the roughFSZEKE302 is a jewel in the roughFSZEKE302 is a jewel in the roughFSZEKE302 is a jewel in the roughFSZEKE302 is a jewel in the roughFSZEKE302 is a jewel in the roughFSZEKE302 is a jewel in the roughFSZEKE302 is a jewel in the roughFSZEKE302 is a jewel in the roughFSZEKE302 is a jewel in the rough

I sing, really loud!

US NAVY Vet, ADR2
Old 22nd November 2005
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: xl1200s
Sportster/Buell Year: 1998
wolfpack is an unknown quantity at this point

my screamin eagle pipes are all the music I want to hear
Old 22nd November 2005
Senior Chief Master Mechanic 2nd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: R°adsćer
Sportster/Buell Year: 2ěě4
Other Motorcycle Model: FXDX Super Glide Sport
Other Motorcycle Year: 2ěě5
Jesse_Bolt will become famous soon enoughJesse_Bolt will become famous soon enoughJesse_Bolt will become famous soon enoughJesse_Bolt will become famous soon enoughJesse_Bolt will become famous soon enoughJesse_Bolt will become famous soon enough

I'm surprised someone hasn't come up with a faring for a Sportster with a radio/CD. I've seen an aftermarket one for a Road King.

JB
Old 22nd November 2005
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: 883r /1200 upgrade
Sportster/Buell Year: 02
SkippyRay is an unknown quantity at this point

Well you can try out the Shure ear phone kinda pricey (499 for the top of the line and 99 for the bottom) however they creat a seal in the ear that shuts out noise and they have a noise cancleation sensor built in. hook them to and Ipod ish contraption with a headphone booster and you are scooting. I set up my FF with speakers in the helment fro long hauls and they work ok. (Dont like my FF, HD 50% off deal wind flies up it loud as heck). But it will keep you from hearing the outside world.
Know Thy Hog