The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum DK Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > BUELL MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Buell Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Members Birthdays
Speedway Instruments
Motor Stage
Progressive Suspension
Sky Smith Insurance

Bison Motorsports

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th November 2005
Senior Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: 06 BUELL UlY
Other Motorcycle Model: too many to count
jack82 has disabled reputation
Default New Buell Uly For Me??

Ever since I rode the new Buell Uly I've been thinking what a great bike it is for Oz conditions...........Over all it's not as good as the BMW gs series........but it has the fun factor that the gs lacks..[wheelies...stoppies and the like].........

I'd love to own one.......cept I dont have the $$$.........BUT......I've got one mate who wants to buy my SV..........and another mate thats got his eye on my Z 1000........If I sold my dirtbike as well I could have a Uly sittin in the shed........... ..........

I'm thinking about it.....[and thats always a dangerous thing with me]... .....

From what I can gather only one bloke on the forum owns a Uly???....but he never posts.........It'd be good to get some feedback from someone who's put a few miles on one.........I might have to check out badweatherbikers and see how their bikes are holding up...........any other suggestions for info from Uly owners????........
Old 24th November 2005
mostly harmless.. (sssm)

gronk62 has disabled reputation
Thumbs up

That's not a bad lookin' bike Jack.

I reckon yorta piss summa those unused bikes off and get one
Old 24th November 2005
Senior Chief Know It All

Indeed Mr Gronk.........that's the plan that is developing in my mind.... ....

I'm also getting sick of paying all those rego's......plus our bullshit Victorian "safety levy"..... .........

If I went the way of the Uly I'd save a fortune in rego costs............See how my brain works??........I'm talkin myself into this deal.... .........
Old 24th November 2005
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
GOTWA will become famous soon enoughGOTWA will become famous soon enoughGOTWA will become famous soon enoughGOTWA will become famous soon enoughGOTWA will become famous soon enoughGOTWA will become famous soon enoughGOTWA will become famous soon enough

Jack you been groping after one of them since they hit the street. I don't reckon you're going to be happy until ya get one. Sheesh, I thought all you Ozzies just pointed your nose and went. Is there certain parts of the country where folks are more prone hand wringing?

I can tell ya this Jack, I get both Cycle World and Motorcyclist. Both gave the bike excellent reviews as a dual purpose machine, given it's limitations. CW can be slightly slanted in not wanting to bite the hand that feeds but it's been my experience that Motorcyclist does a pretty good job at being objective.

One of the mags, forget which one, did a dual purpose comparison (hey wait, you Oz boys would say "dualie comparo", I think I'm gettin' it) and while the BMW won out as the overall winner, the Ully beat it in I think off road handling.

It sure is pretty. And it sits right too.

Last edited by GOTWA; 24th November 2005 at 19:10..
Old 24th November 2005
Flat Track Racer

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 883
Sportster/Buell Year: '05
deadeye is an unknown quantity at this point

I haven't got to ride one yet, but I am dying to. I think I need to get me one of those You sound like me, when I really want somethun, I do a pretty good job of talking myself ino it.

Keep us posted Jack
Know Thy Hog

Old 25th November 2005
Senior Chief Know It All

Your right Gotwa,.........I have been "groping" after a Buellyses since they came out.......there's no hand wringing going on tho........just need to convert bikes to dollars....

Also want to see how they are holding up to mileage......being a new model an all.........I've been reading posts on adv rider.......so far everyones happy with them......but you gotta read between the lines as new bike owners tend to have newbikeitis.........need to see what they think of them once the honeymoon is over.......

Glad to see your learning ozinese........coz most of you sepos carnt unerstan a fuggin word us stralian cahns are talkin bout.. .........Drink lotsa VB.....,chase lotsa women........take the piss outa your mates at every opportunity........and just generally make an asshole outa yourself...........It's the Australian way... .........you'll pick it up in no time.....
Old 25th November 2005
Senior Chief Know It All 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: BMW R1200RT
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Buell Blast (Purple) P3
DustyJacket will become famous soon enoughDustyJacket will become famous soon enoughDustyJacket will become famous soon enoughDustyJacket will become famous soon enoughDustyJacket will become famous soon enoughDustyJacket will become famous soon enoughDustyJacket will become famous soon enough

I have been lusting after a Ulysses, but this cold weather has made me realize it could only be a non-winter bike.

I NEED a windshield when it drops to freezing and below.......

Now, an E-glide and a Ulysses would make a fine stable of bikes.....
Old 25th November 2005
Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL-1200
paxman1 will become famous soon enoughpaxman1 will become famous soon enoughpaxman1 will become famous soon enoughpaxman1 will become famous soon enoughpaxman1 will become famous soon enoughpaxman1 will become famous soon enough
Default Hey Gronk, where you been budy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gronk62
That's not a bad lookin' bike Jack.

I reckon yorta piss summa those unused bikes off and get one

I love the new Uly ! Would make the switch in a heartbeat, just cant right now. Could be my next bike. The luggage option I really like. Take care

Mark
Old 25th November 2005

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster 1200R (totalled
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Other Motorcycle Model: FXDC
Other Motorcycle Year: 2008
PlanB has a reputation beyond reputePlanB has a reputation beyond reputePlanB has a reputation beyond reputePlanB has a reputation beyond reputePlanB has a reputation beyond reputePlanB has a reputation beyond reputePlanB has a reputation beyond reputePlanB has a reputation beyond reputePlanB has a reputation beyond reputePlanB has a reputation beyond reputePlanB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyJacket
I have been lusting after a Ulysses, but this cold weather has made me realize it could only be a non-winter bike.

I NEED a windshield when it drops to freezing and below.......

Now, an E-glide and a Ulysses would make a fine stable of bikes.....
I'd call that a.....good start, D.J.! I want those two plus a Hayabusa, GSX'er, ZRX, BMW, of course another sportster, I guess one of the OCC type choppers just for shits and grins, a whole bunch of dirt bikes (for when the buddies come over), and I'm sure about 35 more I can't think of right now! But I like how you want to start your fleet!
Old 25th November 2005

Sportster/Buell Model: Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 05
Other Motorcycle Model: Suzuki GN400
Other Motorcycle Year: 1980
merc has much to be proud ofmerc has much to be proud ofmerc has much to be proud ofmerc has much to be proud ofmerc has much to be proud ofmerc has much to be proud ofmerc has much to be proud ofmerc has much to be proud ofmerc has much to be proud ofmerc has much to be proud ofmerc has much to be proud of

cool lookin bike