The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Licks Tanklift  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Styles > Cafe Racer Sportster Motorcycle Talk
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Cafe Racer Sportster Motorcycle Talk Sleek, fast and cool. Discuss your Cafe Racer Sportster Motorcycle

Members Birthdays
Zippers Performance
S&S Cycle
Get Lowered
883 Sportster

Figure Machine

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st February 2011
Senior Chief Know It All 2nd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: White Hot Denim XR1200X
Sportster/Buell Year: 2011
KevinJ has much to be proud ofKevinJ has much to be proud ofKevinJ has much to be proud ofKevinJ has much to be proud ofKevinJ has much to be proud ofKevinJ has much to be proud ofKevinJ has much to be proud ofKevinJ has much to be proud ofKevinJ has much to be proud ofKevinJ has much to be proud ofKevinJ has much to be proud of

It looks like a Redneck engineering bike, so most parts are Buell.
Old 1st February 2011
JESTER MAFIA

Sportster/Buell Model: NRHS Stage II 1250-R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Rico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECUtrav View Post
The Arlen Ness fairing is supposed to fit the custom, but does anyone know what that picture above is?
The Ness fairing can fit a Custom. The picture above is a Buell Flyscreen.

Jester Mafia
Old 1st February 2011
Flat Track Racer

Sportster/Buell Model: 883R
Sportster/Buell Year: 02
mudnutt is on a distinguished roadmudnutt is on a distinguished roadmudnutt is on a distinguished road

The fairing on ECUtravs bike looks like a factory Buell piece. Anyone know where i can get the headlight/fairing brackets like those for cheap? Putting a Buell Blast fairing on my bike and need the brackets.

Deck
Old 4th February 2011
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
ECUtrav is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm going tomorrow to a couple shops to try and find a flyscreen/fairing for my 883c, I need something with that stupid riser.
Old 4th February 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 883C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
Tyberius is just really niceTyberius is just really niceTyberius is just really niceTyberius is just really niceTyberius is just really niceTyberius is just really niceTyberius is just really niceTyberius is just really niceTyberius is just really niceTyberius is just really niceTyberius is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECUtrav View Post
I'm going tomorrow to a couple shops to try and find a flyscreen/fairing for my 883c, I need something with that stupid riser.
This is what I have.

08 883c commuter bike, mid-controls (including shift peg), superbrace, rifle roadster fairing w/ tall shield, national cycle hand deflectors, h-d front signal relocators, mustang wide touring w/driver's backrest, passenger pillion and passenger backrest, h-d throw-overs w/drag specialties supports, sissy bar, NRHS Hurricane Oil Filter, oil temp gauge, deltran battery tender plus, otc lift, HD Handlebar clip , HD garage door opener, WB hybrids
Know Thy Hog

Old 13th February 2011
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: xl
Sportster/Buell Year: 98
Lefty79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's mine. 96' XL with HD Mini. Quick Cell Pic. Full paint soon.

Old 18th February 2011
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
Ice is a jewel in the roughIce is a jewel in the roughIce is a jewel in the roughIce is a jewel in the roughIce is a jewel in the roughIce is a jewel in the roughIce is a jewel in the roughIce is a jewel in the roughIce is a jewel in the roughIce is a jewel in the roughIce is a jewel in the rough

"Some people will tell you that slow is good-and it may be, on some days...but I'm here to tell you that fast is better.I've always believed this, in spite of the trouble it's caused me.Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.That is why God made fast motorcycles ..." - Hunter S. Thompson
Old 19th February 2011
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XLX-61
Sportster/Buell Year: 1983
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda CL350
Other Motorcycle Year: 1969
83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice View Post
Nice! the Fairing looks great, and that headlight is killer. I still like that seat, too...

I took a pic of mine today...thinking of putting that free #1 H-D decal on the front of it...

If it ain't broke, don't fix it (especially if you don't know what you're doing). Most Sportster problems are owner-induced.
Old 19th February 2011
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
Ice is a jewel in the roughIce is a jewel in the roughIce is a jewel in the roughIce is a jewel in the roughIce is a jewel in the roughIce is a jewel in the roughIce is a jewel in the roughIce is a jewel in the roughIce is a jewel in the roughIce is a jewel in the roughIce is a jewel in the rough

the headlight was a little expensive but worth every dime for the difference it makes. that #1 sticker would give your bike a great "period look"
Old 24th February 2011
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: xlh 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
Crim13 is an unknown quantity at this point

gey thakid how did you mount your faring because I picked one up from a friend for 50 brand new but it dosent have the bracket just the faring and the back of the light housing. any help?
Know Thy Hog