The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Motor Stage  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Styles > Cafe Racer Sportster Motorcycle Talk
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Cafe Racer Sportster Motorcycle Talk Sleek, fast and cool. Discuss your Cafe Racer Sportster Motorcycle

Members Birthdays
oldsporty1 (64), BIRD DOG (58), paris15 (56), thesmithiz (56), pajimmyjoe (55), chuckam (51), steve w (45), le_strike (38), Rubicon (32), r3db3ard3d (26)
Motor Stage
Lowbrow Customs
Biltwell
RYCA Motors

RYCA Motors

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th July 2011
Senior Chief Know It All 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
XL Ed has a brilliant futureXL Ed has a brilliant futureXL Ed has a brilliant futureXL Ed has a brilliant futureXL Ed has a brilliant futureXL Ed has a brilliant futureXL Ed has a brilliant futureXL Ed has a brilliant futureXL Ed has a brilliant futureXL Ed has a brilliant futureXL Ed has a brilliant future

That's about all I have on mine. What a big difference in comfort though.
Old 11th July 2011
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XLX-61
Sportster/Buell Year: 1983
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda CL350
Other Motorcycle Year: 1969
83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of

I'll throw an updated (better) pic of my bike on here just for good measure...

If it ain't broke, don't fix it (especially if you don't know what you're doing). Most Sportster problems are owner-induced.
Old 3rd August 2011

XL Ed has a brilliant futureXL Ed has a brilliant futureXL Ed has a brilliant futureXL Ed has a brilliant futureXL Ed has a brilliant futureXL Ed has a brilliant futureXL Ed has a brilliant futureXL Ed has a brilliant futureXL Ed has a brilliant futureXL Ed has a brilliant futureXL Ed has a brilliant future

Anyone tried ti fit one of these yet?
http://www.jpcycles.com/product/ZZ28558
Old 11th August 2011
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200S
Sportster/Buell Year: 1997
Other Motorcycle Model: 51 Panhead Chopper
BMFC has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad1200 View Post
New pics of mine.

This bike would look insane with black mags
Old 11th August 2011
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200S
Sportster/Buell Year: 1997
Other Motorcycle Model: 51 Panhead Chopper
BMFC has disabled reputation

Please forgive my long ugly cables.
Know Thy Hog

Old 11th August 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
freeidaho is a splendid one to beholdfreeidaho is a splendid one to beholdfreeidaho is a splendid one to beholdfreeidaho is a splendid one to beholdfreeidaho is a splendid one to beholdfreeidaho is a splendid one to beholdfreeidaho is a splendid one to beholdfreeidaho is a splendid one to beholdfreeidaho is a splendid one to beholdfreeidaho is a splendid one to beholdfreeidaho is a splendid one to behold

Howdy,
Here is an 80's solution to the bikini fairing.

Ken Reed

/-----\ http://www.parmarng.org ..................... If life throws you a curve, lean into it and apply throttle.
|*------/\ ...............Wouldn't be an economic crisis if you had bought AMERICAN.
|--------| ...............Spent most of my money on cars, motorcycles, guns and girls, the rest I just wasted.
+--------+ ...............Silence is taken as consent. Do you consent?

Old 11th August 2011

those are just what I've been looking for. Where did you get them?
Old 11th August 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
freeidaho is a splendid one to beholdfreeidaho is a splendid one to beholdfreeidaho is a splendid one to beholdfreeidaho is a splendid one to beholdfreeidaho is a splendid one to beholdfreeidaho is a splendid one to beholdfreeidaho is a splendid one to beholdfreeidaho is a splendid one to beholdfreeidaho is a splendid one to beholdfreeidaho is a splendid one to beholdfreeidaho is a splendid one to behold

Howdy,
It is a Shoei FM2 and I bought mine from EBay. It is NOS, new old stock from the 80's. The bracket you see on the headlight is hand made. The fairing comes with a universal fit set of brackets.

The fairing is set up for a 7" headlight, and I had to worry about the fender coming up to hit the bottom of the fairing. But it can be made to work. Unlike many the other bikini fairings, the mounting position depends on the height of your handlebars. My particular combination is stock 2" risers and the handlebars from a Custom.

On EBay just search for Shoei FM2, like this

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_from=R4...All-Categories

Ken Reed
Old 11th August 2011
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
ShaneWolfe is on a distinguished roadShaneWolfe is on a distinguished roadShaneWolfe is on a distinguished roadShaneWolfe is on a distinguished roadShaneWolfe is on a distinguished road

How mine is looking so far...

Old 11th August 2011
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XLX-61
Sportster/Buell Year: 1983
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda CL350
Other Motorcycle Year: 1969
83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeidaho View Post
Howdy,
It is a Shoei FM2 and I bought mine from EBay. It is NOS, new old stock from the 80's. The bracket you see on the headlight is hand made. The fairing comes with a universal fit set of brackets...
So, have you received any "that's too big" comments on the fairing yet? When I posted some progress shots of my Tracy fairing a few years ago to show the brackets I built, I got a lot of that. The thing is, if it's bigger, it actually does something, and yours goes one further with the hand protection...

Mine was originally in primer, so that made it look bigger in the pics, I guess.

Know Thy Hog