The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Lowbrow Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE & BUELL MOTORCYCLE FORUM - GENERAL DISCUSSION > Product Reviews
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Notices

Product Reviews Here is where you can write up your own review of bikes, parts, or accessories.

Please do not post problems in here unless replying to a review. Please post problems with specific parts or accessories in their respective forum topics.

Members Birthdays
NRHS Performance Long 2
DK Customs
S&S Cycle
Licks Holiday

Zippers Performance

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th December 2005
Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: xl883 Tax's paid
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
tcspannerwrench is a jewel in the roughtcspannerwrench is a jewel in the roughtcspannerwrench is a jewel in the roughtcspannerwrench is a jewel in the roughtcspannerwrench is a jewel in the roughtcspannerwrench is a jewel in the roughtcspannerwrench is a jewel in the roughtcspannerwrench is a jewel in the roughtcspannerwrench is a jewel in the roughtcspannerwrench is a jewel in the roughtcspannerwrench is a jewel in the rough
Default sundowner two up seat

well i picked my new seat up today from the dealer. The sundowner two up seat i know there are a lot better options out there but for the price i felt it was the way to go, that and the dealer had thier 15% off sale that made the price a little better.
i will ride in the morning if it stay's dry but my first inpression is it looks just like the stock seat with pillion pad only its one peice. The foam feels the same i asked the parts guy if he was sure it is the sundowner of course he says yes but it doesnt say sundowner on it. the part # 51509-04 is for the sundowner two up seat;
soooo i gues we will see i hope to have a big diference for my wife
ride report tomorrow
Old 11th December 2005
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: xl1200c
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
Elden is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife loves the sundowner. It should be alot wider than the stock seat. I also got her the tall sissy bar and she said she can ride all day now. I throw the solo seat back on when I ride alone. I really dig the look of the rear fender with the solo seat. I got the best of both worlds now.
Old 11th December 2005
Biker

sawrecker has disabled reputation

well, A sundowner is no where close to a stock seat looks or size... just look at the harley accessories web page and see that.
Old 11th December 2005
Biker

sawrecker has disabled reputation

ok just looked at your gallery photo, your bike came stock with a solo seat, your seat isn't stock.
Old 11th December 2005
Custom Bike Builder

tcspannerwrench is a jewel in the roughtcspannerwrench is a jewel in the roughtcspannerwrench is a jewel in the roughtcspannerwrench is a jewel in the roughtcspannerwrench is a jewel in the roughtcspannerwrench is a jewel in the roughtcspannerwrench is a jewel in the roughtcspannerwrench is a jewel in the roughtcspannerwrench is a jewel in the roughtcspannerwrench is a jewel in the roughtcspannerwrench is a jewel in the rough

ok just got back from a 20 mile or so ride went down dixie to the Ohio Valley Drag strip (an 883 will wheelie by the way) (no i'm not real smart) it was a mild 38f not real bad at all.
anyway i was real worried the seat would be the same as the stock just a little wider. It is wider but just a little down the road i noticed i was sitting in more of a hole (for lack of a better word to discribe it) some may not like that but i found it very comfortable. the seating position is simular to stock but your butt can tell its a better made seat.
my wife wouldnt go (she thinks i'm not real bright for going on a ride when its not 70+) but the pasanger seat is a lot wider i didnt put my sissy bar (i know jamman) back on yet becouse i need someone to hold the pasanger seat in to get it back on
All in all i am happy with it we will see about longer trips in the spring
oh here is a pic showing why i thought they were so close to the same
old set up;

new seat;
Know Thy Hog

Old 12th December 2005
Custom Bike Builder

It just dawned on me maybe this should have been in the seat section, if a mod reads this and feels it should be moved please do
Old 10th April 2006
Senior Chief Master Mechanic

Gone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this point

I second the kudo's for the Sundowner seat. I had a delux touring on my 02, and now have the sundowner on the 05. as far as I am concerned this seat is a bargin for the comfort it supplies.
Old 10th April 2006
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883C
sal has disabled reputation

I have a Sundowner also. Love it.
Old 10th April 2006
The Horse is Un-Dead

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 883 Custom (Stage 1)
AZFlyingDiver is just really niceAZFlyingDiver is just really niceAZFlyingDiver is just really niceAZFlyingDiver is just really niceAZFlyingDiver is just really niceAZFlyingDiver is just really niceAZFlyingDiver is just really niceAZFlyingDiver is just really niceAZFlyingDiver is just really niceAZFlyingDiver is just really niceAZFlyingDiver is just really nice

Love it too!

'05 883C (living at 1100' above sea level near Phoenix, AZ)
S&S a/c, CS slash-cut slip-ons
45/175 jets, 2.75 turns out on the mixture screw, 1 needle shim
52.3HP, 46.2TQ

RIP Mr. Jimi and Johnny G...
Old 10th April 2006
Custom Bike Builder

we (wife and i) went on a 90 mile or so ride her longest ride yet and she was very happy. like i say i am sure there are better seats out there but for the money this one is a good deal
Know Thy Hog