The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Licks Tanklift  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > VENDORS > NRHS - High Performance
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Notices

Members Birthdays
Hal Smith (63), XRCR Davis (63), ndmp40 (59), wkwood2000 (58), Predator (45), Steve-B (41), Grind1203 (29)
Progressive Suspension
Bison Motorsports
S&S Cycle
S&S Cycle

Foxcreek Leather

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th January 2005
Senior Custom Bike Builder

Other Motorcycle Model: 2005 FXD Chopper Blue
barry1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you would need the 04 cover though due to the tapered design.
95 inch and more very soon.
Old 24th January 2005
A Million Facts & Figures

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Buell Cyclone
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1999
aswracing has a brilliant futureaswracing has a brilliant futureaswracing has a brilliant futureaswracing has a brilliant futureaswracing has a brilliant futureaswracing has a brilliant futureaswracing has a brilliant futureaswracing has a brilliant futureaswracing has a brilliant futureaswracing has a brilliant futureaswracing has a brilliant future

No worries Sham, there's no problem with posting here. All I ask is that if a person seeks customer service, please call the shop. We try real hard to provide good service but a web forum is not the place to do it. Questions about our products is no problem though.

Anyway, to answer your questions:

1. It'll use the stock cover, insert, & cover screws, that's it.

2. The kit will consist of the filter element and CNC machined backplate with standoffs. Like many air cleaner vendors, we opted not to include the carb bracket or breather stuff because there are so many ways to do that and everyone has their own ideas, from cheap and simple to elaborate and expensive. For example, for the carb bracket you can go simple black for $10 or fancy chrome for $24. For the breathers, you can use simple fittings like a Buell uses, or go with banjo bolts, or an over-the-top chrome tube (pictured above), or a Devonator, or "Dickheads", or about a thousand other ways to do it. I don't want to add cost to the air cleaner kit including hardware that the customer may or may not want.
Old 24th January 2005

aswracing has a brilliant futureaswracing has a brilliant futureaswracing has a brilliant futureaswracing has a brilliant futureaswracing has a brilliant futureaswracing has a brilliant futureaswracing has a brilliant futureaswracing has a brilliant futureaswracing has a brilliant futureaswracing has a brilliant futureaswracing has a brilliant future

Sure, you can bolt these things on back and forth all you want. The only difference in the air cleaners is that one is designed to accomodate the 91-03 ham can cover and the other is designed to accomodate the 04-05 cover.
Old 24th January 2005

The carb support brackets, What do they look like? They can't be seen in the pictures and was just wondering. I might want the black one.
Old 25th January 2005

Here's a picture of the black one. The chrome one looks a little different (besides being chrome), I'll get you a picture when I get a chance.
Know Thy Hog

Old 25th January 2005
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 883>1200 XLH
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
Other Motorcycle Model: FLHTCU
Other Motorcycle Year: 2008
txsporty is on a distinguished roadtxsporty is on a distinguished roadtxsporty is on a distinguished roadtxsporty is on a distinguished roadtxsporty is on a distinguished road

Nice Looking, will you be making some other type of cover for your A/C other then having to use the "Ham Can"??
Old 25th January 2005
Senior Chief Know It All 2nd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 XLC
Sportster/Buell Year: 2000
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Dyna Low Rider
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2004
Shamdog is on a distinguished roadShamdog is on a distinguished roadShamdog is on a distinguished roadShamdog is on a distinguished road

The reason for my question is that now I have a hypercharger. I figure that when I remove it I will have no stock components except the CV carb itself. So, I'm trying to figure out what stock parts I will need to go with the Hurricane AC and install kit.

Thanks
Old 25th January 2005

Actually, yes, there's a plan in the works to offer the 91-03 version with a carbon fiber ham can cover. Problem is, the covers are expensive. I'm still working the issue, no point doing it unless I can make it economically viable.

There used to be a company that sold a similar kit for Buells, called "Frontier", with a CF ham can. The backplate was stamped aluminum without the perimeter recess, but it had a big venturi ring like these, and a 3" element with the CF ham can. So it was a little less costly to make than mine, but it sold for about $300, and I'm guessiing that CF cover was a big part of the reason. Even the Buell race kit (similar deal, stamped backplate, little plastic venturi ring, 3" element, CF cover) was nearly $300 (originally they came out at $200 but Buell raised them). BTW, the Frontier significantly outperformed the Buell Race Kit filter every time I tested them, and the only real difference between them was the venturi ring. It makes a difference!
Old 25th January 2005

Thanks, the black one would do my fine.
Old 26th January 2005
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 Roadster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Other Motorcycle Model: SE 103 RoadKing
Other Motorcycle Year: 2003
shooter is an unknown quantity at this point

I got mine last week. It looks like a great breather. Can't wait to get it on a dyno. Now if only I had a set of heads back from my tuner to bolt it to. Trying to get my package together before Daytona. If not, I will have to drive my old slow 103 Roadking.

Shooter
Know Thy Hog