The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum NRHS PERFORMANCE 2  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE & BUELL MOTORCYCLE FORUM - GENERAL DISCUSSION > Gear - Helmets, Clothing and what not
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Gear - Helmets, Clothing and what not This area is for discussing riding gear such as helmet, boots, clothing, etc

Members Birthdays
truckmen (57), Scooter Trash (52), K2RMX.ROB (50), cherokee jim (50), Milazzo (48), benny04hd (34), Foxman (34), Chase1126 (23)
Get Lowered
Foxcreek Leather
Biltwell
Superbrace.com

Biltwell

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th February 2006
Chief Harley Engineer

supercharger will become famous soon enoughsupercharger will become famous soon enoughsupercharger will become famous soon enoughsupercharger will become famous soon enoughsupercharger will become famous soon enoughsupercharger will become famous soon enough

Fox creek rocks!

Bought mine off the rack at a Charlotte Bike shop years ago. I have the two-tone racer too and it has been great, but wish now I had the all black. Still looks like new after about 8 years. Its getting a little snugger across the stomach...but thats MY fault I also appreciate how effective the venting is. opening all the vents and zipping the main zipper about two thirds up circulates lots of air through it.

I still get a kick out of handing it to people and watching their reaction to how heavy it is

I also like how it doesn't smell. The chemical like smell of cheap leather bugs the crap outta me and sometimes gives me headaches. The Fox Creek has no odor. Just the rich feel of superb quality leather.

"That horse ain't dead till I get through with it"
Old 7th February 2006
Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
arjay is on a distinguished roadarjay is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjburr
They send a test jacket, you call and talk it over with them about any changes, then you ship the test jacket back with a prepaid label they send with the test jacket. Then they build your jacket in 4 to 6 weeks.

Back from my trip and the jacket performed very well, not a bit of chill for my upper body with temps in the low 40's and speeds of 75 to 80 on the highway. Wish I could have said the same for my legs, it was like walking around on a couple of popsicles for about 20 minutes after 120 miles to Mr. Jimi's. Might be looking at their chaps next, but it won't stay cold for long down here thank god.

All in all I am very pleased with the jacket and the service I recieved from FoxCreek, and would highly recommend their products unless they did not take care of Foldedhorn??

How about it Foldedhorn?? Did they finally take care of your problem??
Nicest looking and feeling jacket I've seen. I tried to get CJ to let me ride it home, after all, I had almost 7 miles to ride , but he wasn't fallin' for that .

arjay
Old 7th February 2006
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1250C originally
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
mikeLI_77 has a brilliant futuremikeLI_77 has a brilliant futuremikeLI_77 has a brilliant futuremikeLI_77 has a brilliant futuremikeLI_77 has a brilliant futuremikeLI_77 has a brilliant futuremikeLI_77 has a brilliant futuremikeLI_77 has a brilliant futuremikeLI_77 has a brilliant futuremikeLI_77 has a brilliant futuremikeLI_77 has a brilliant future

I bought 2 pairs of the fox creek leather gloves. One guantlet and one regular lined pair and they are amazing. the leather is so soft it almost feels like I don't have a glove on.

Hammer 1250 kit W/ 30░ reverse dome pistons
Hammer billet 2" forward offset open air cleaner
Hammer billet intake manifold
Hammer Impact 560's
Buell xb heads with crush level head porting
Mikuni HSR 45
177.5 main
25 slow
Clip 4th slot from top
Jim's powerglide II lifters
Sledge hammer pushrods
Supertrapp supermeg exhaust 20 disks and open end cap.
S&S roller rockers
Alto Carbonite clutch with Energy One 15% heavier spring plate.
Daytona twin tech single fire ignition 1005s
Ricor intimnators
13" Ricor IAS shocks
Brembo dual disk setup from a 2012 street glide with matching brembo street glide master cylinder
Koso T&T multi function speedo/tach

Old 7th February 2006
Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster 883/1250 Stage3
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Buell S1 White Lightning
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1998
Other Motorcycle Model: BMW K1300S
Other Motorcycle Year: 2009
cjburr is just really nicecjburr is just really nicecjburr is just really nicecjburr is just really nicecjburr is just really nicecjburr is just really nicecjburr is just really nicecjburr is just really nicecjburr is just really nicecjburr is just really nicecjburr is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercharger
I still get a kick out of handing it to people and watching their reaction to how heavy it is
That is fun!! I tossed it to a guy at work and about knocked him out of his chair
Old 17th August 2006
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
MontereyJon has disabled reputation

I know I am resurrecting a dead thread here - but I wanted to RAVE about FoxCreek Leather myself. I ordered the vented racing jacket and chaps. The craftmanship is amazing! Like others, I couldn't believe how heavy it was, but when wearing it, the jacket seems light.

What I am really impressed about is the fact they are made in Virginia. I went down to the stealer looking through jackets, and they are all made in China.

If interested, they are at foxcreekleather.com

Vance & Hines Straightshots HS | RamFlo

SOLD
Know Thy Hog

Old 18th August 2006
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH 1000
Sportster/Buell Year: 1977
Other Motorcycle Model: FXDX
Other Motorcycle Year: 2005
SamIam is an unknown quantity at this point

Just got a pair of gloves from them, very nice fit and feel.

I've been looking at the vented race jacket for some time.

...I think recently I even asked for a sample of material...

...just got to come up with the $$$