The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® > FORUM FUNCTIONS > Sportsterpedia.com Admin
XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Notices

Sportsterpedia.com Admin For discussion regarding the administration of the Sportster Wiki.

Members Birthdays
Main Menu
Sponsored Links

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd June 2017
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster 883►1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 1994
IXL2Relax has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXL2Relax View Post
Hippysmack and I have updated the menu of technical information. It can be accessed directly with this link:
http://sportsterpedia.com/doku.php/techtalk:menu

This new menu is located at a new address - the old link will go away shortly - so if you have links to some specific sections, please find them in the new webspace and change your links...

The new menu is much more direct in linking to the technical data by listing the various pages in three groups:

Ironhead Models (1957-1985)
Evolution Models (1986-2017-later)
Additional Troubleshooting & Reference Information

This will allow you to quickly find the information for the model you need. The Add'l TS & Ref Info will allow more data to be included, even when it doesn't easily fit in the other categories or is too lengthy to fit well in the regular section...

Each of the above divisions are similarly sub-divided so similar information for different models is located in a similar sub-division - THE REFERENCE SECTION is divided in the same way...

The time has come - I am deleting the old menu which is no longer used...

ANY LINKS TO THE SPORTSTERPEDIA IN THREADS DATED BEFORE APRIL 2017

will dead end in the current Sportsterpedia.

ALL DATA IS STILL IN THE SPORTSTERPEDIA!

Simply click on the XLForum Engine Logo and you will be taken
to the current main menu of the Sportsterpedia...

From there, you can make selections to find historical information, technical information, etc. The new menu structure allows you to quickly find the information you need... If an older thread linked to the Sportsterpedia for additional information, that information is still available in the Sportsterpedia - It has simply been reorganized...

The links in the old threads (to sections of the Sportsterpedia) will not be updated - so when you happen across them, just click your way down the new menu to the section with the information you need...

PLEASE NOTE - The Search Box in the Sportsterpedia can quickly find the subject info if you enter the data you want to find...

If you have personal links to the old Sportsterpedia menu (either offline or in your signatures), please find the location you wish to link to in the new menu structure and update your personal links...

IXL 2 Relax
>>>> My Build & Ride Reports Are Here <<<<

Last edited by IXL2Relax; 27th July 2017 at 03:31..
Old 24th June 2017
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: Xl1200S
Sportster/Buell Year: 98
Other Motorcycle Model: Kawasaki Vulcan 500
Other Motorcycle Year: 95
Hippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond repute

Harumph!
Old 24th July 2017
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Hippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond reputeHippysmack has a reputation beyond repute

'96-'03 1200S 'Factory' fork and shock set-up procedure is now in the Sportsterpedia:
http://sportsterpedia.com/doku.php/t...00_sport_model
Old 27th July 2017
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

I have added steelworker's article on rebuilding the S Model forks to the wiki.
http://sportsterpedia.com/doku.php/t...spring_fitment
Old 4 Weeks Ago
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Let me first say THANK YOU to those who have contributed thus far to the Sportsterpedia project (SP) - And also to those who continue to direct others to it's wealth of Sportster-related information in the SP... If no one is talking about it, no new users will find it...

For those that don't know - The Sportsterpedia is not some outside entity - It is part of the XLForum!

CLICK HERE TO HAVE A LOOK AT
THE SPORTSTERPEDIA

so you know where to look later...

The Search Box in the Sportsterpedia can quickly find the subject info when you enter the data you want to find...

BTW - In the main Forum Menu listing it's shown as 'Sportster Encyclopedia'
(We're trying to get that changed to Sportsterpedia)

- - - - - - - - - - -

We are still looking for knowledgeable people who are willing to help create this resource. If you would like to help edit the Sportsterpedia, just step up and we'll help you get started... We know some of you are intimidated by the idea of learning to edit in the SP - we realize it takes a bit of a commitment to learn the different features and how to use them - But if you have any interest, I'm sure we can get you functional...

BUT - You can also be helpful in another way - Take a look around the Sportsterpedia, then pick a subject that is of interest to you - Maybe you're about to tackle a specific repair or have knowledge based on your previous experience or simply want to know... In any case, go find 10-20 threads that relate to that subject, review them for quality information, then post the links for those 10-20 threads on here...

We'll take your collection of links and put it in the Raw Data Section so that it can be an immediate help to others - when the SP editors have time, we'll review those links, cull out the critical and vetted data and find the right place for that info in the Sportsterpedia...

That would be a great help toward getting more subjects added to the Sportsterpedia... Of course, if you would like to help further by pulling the critical data out of the threads and creating a first-draft of the subject, we'd be happy to have that, too...

We are looking forward to having
more people participate in
this worthwhile project.

Thanks

IXL 2 Relax

Last edited by IXL2Relax; 1 Week Ago at 20:25..
Old 1 Week Ago
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

I just updated the Sportsterpedia related to the engine sensors:
http://sportsterpedia.com/doku.php/t...k:evo:engctl03

MAP Sensor (1998-2003) - Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor
TMAP Sensor (2007-later) - Combined IAT/MAP Sensor
TPS - Throttle Position Sensor

IXL 2 Relax

Last edited by IXL2Relax; 1 Week Ago at 20:24..
Sponsored Links
Old 1 Week Ago
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1460C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2000
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: XL1200R
Other Motorcycle Year: 2004
sportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond repute

Nice, Ken, had an issue, several actually on the '04"R", and ran the gauntlet from coil, CKP, plugs and wires etc. and ended up resolving all of them just by cleaning the double contact connector in the harness off the left side bottom frame rail. Worth noting maybe.
I.B.A.#26543, Growing old-Mandatory/ Growing up-optional. Men do not quit playing because they get old, they get old because they stop playing!

The XL Forum Sportsterpedia:
http://sportsterpedia.com/doku.php/start
Old 1 Week Ago
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsterpaul View Post
Nice, Ken, had an issue, several actually on the '04"R", and ran the gauntlet from coil, CKP, plugs and wires etc. and ended up resolving all of them just by cleaning the double contact connector in the harness off the left side bottom frame rail. Worth noting maybe.
Yep - Cleaning the connector contacts (especially those under the bike) can be helpful in resolving (or preventing) various issues - Just like cleaning the fuse & relay trays - or cleaning the corrosion off the taillight circuit board...

Help me out though - To what connector were you referring that is at the 'left side bottom frame rail'? To what sensor or device is that connector related?

My 1994 model is quite simple in it's wiring and doesn't have the number of connectors & devices that are utilized on the rubbermount or EFI bikes...

IXL 2 Relax
Old 1 Week Ago
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1460C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2000
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: XL1200R
Other Motorcycle Year: 2004
sportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond repute

CKP, trace it back from in front of engine, drops down and back along the bottom frame rail, why I don't know. After cleaning mine I no longer had the "Mikuni" idle problem, no dying in stop and go traffic, no ignition loss in rain.
Old 1 Week Ago
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Thanks for clarifying that, Paul - I know there have been quite a number of CKP issues posted over the past year - so I've added a short paragraph at the end of the CKP section suggesting a cleaning of that connector with a reference to your post...

IXL 2 Relax