The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum RYCA Motors  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Styles > Sportster Motorcycle Project
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Members Birthdays
Energy One Clutches
Lickscycles
Lowbrow Customs
Get Lowered

Bison Motorsports

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th April 2008
Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Trynot2die is on a distinguished roadTrynot2die is on a distinguished roadTrynot2die is on a distinguished roadTrynot2die is on a distinguished roadTrynot2die is on a distinguished road
Default Gotta flash the new apes.

I have been accumulating the parts to put on these bars for almost six months. I finally set a date and did whatever it took to get all the crap and put it on. So here they are.

And lastly here is the grin that has been stuck on my face since I put them on.

There are many more things in the work for the bike, but due to the budget the timeline is indefinite.

LMK what you guys think.
Old 8th April 2008
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
kingkevindavid is an unknown quantity at this point

Those apes are pretty sick, who makes them?
2003 XL1200C. 16" Gimps, 4" extended forward controls, Ness Big Sucker, Braided lines, Custom spade sissy bar, Fatbob gas tank with custom made 3 inch tank lift, Bitchslap pipes, Dreamweaver Pro-street taillight / plate mount, 20% flat black powder coating on tank, bars, fender, sissy bar, side plates, ac cover, chopped rear fender, front fender delete, custom krylon battery, 11.5" rear shocks, smoked turn signal covers, More coming...

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z243/kingkevindavid/P3130004-1.jpg
Old 8th April 2008
Master Mechanic

Trynot2die is on a distinguished roadTrynot2die is on a distinguished roadTrynot2die is on a distinguished roadTrynot2die is on a distinguished roadTrynot2die is on a distinguished road

Got em off ebay. Rocks chops makes em. They were pretty raw when I got em though. Had to weld on an additional 2 inches to each end of the bars so my controls would fit, drill out dimples for the wires, grind and smooth some parts he missed and then send them to the powdercoater. But for the price and the unique look, well worth it.
Old 8th April 2008
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
ShadenGheist is a jewel in the roughShadenGheist is a jewel in the roughShadenGheist is a jewel in the roughShadenGheist is a jewel in the roughShadenGheist is a jewel in the roughShadenGheist is a jewel in the roughShadenGheist is a jewel in the roughShadenGheist is a jewel in the roughShadenGheist is a jewel in the roughShadenGheist is a jewel in the roughShadenGheist is a jewel in the rough

Looks Cool man. Now go aim your front turn sigs. They look like Marty Feldmans Eyes.
Old 9th April 2008
Flat Track Champion

Sportster/Buell Model #2: 883-1200
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 99'
ambulldogg has disabled reputation

hmmmm how come the last pic looks like the left side is taller than the clutch or right side?
Do What You Can Do When You Can Do It!
Know Thy Hog

Old 9th April 2008
Master Mechanic

Quote:
hmmmm how come the last pic looks like the left side is taller than the clutch or right side?
One of my arms is longer than the other so I had them custom made to accomodate. JK

I'm just not holding the bike straight. Trust me they are even, I measured them and put them on level surfaces to make sure they were square as well.
Old 9th April 2008
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
ShadenGheist is a jewel in the roughShadenGheist is a jewel in the roughShadenGheist is a jewel in the roughShadenGheist is a jewel in the roughShadenGheist is a jewel in the roughShadenGheist is a jewel in the roughShadenGheist is a jewel in the roughShadenGheist is a jewel in the roughShadenGheist is a jewel in the roughShadenGheist is a jewel in the roughShadenGheist is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambulldogg View Post
Y'know, you're right. In ALL the pics, the left hand bar is lower.
Old 9th April 2008
Master Mechanic

Thats just either because that is the kickstand side it is leaning on or you are staring at it with your wrong eye

Old 9th April 2008
Flat Track Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2001
scott494 is a jewel in the roughscott494 is a jewel in the roughscott494 is a jewel in the roughscott494 is a jewel in the roughscott494 is a jewel in the roughscott494 is a jewel in the roughscott494 is a jewel in the roughscott494 is a jewel in the roughscott494 is a jewel in the roughscott494 is a jewel in the roughscott494 is a jewel in the rough

Looks sweet some bad ass bars~!

D-WAS MAFIA President
Offical Member #1

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 9th April 2008
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: xl1218rr turbo
Sportster/Buell Year: 1993
rottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond repute

Looks great. I have the same risers as you in powder coat and I cut them down to accomidate the apes so they looked right. For some reason, the shape of your bars allows for the full pullback without looking odd. Go figure. Same risers with different bars and one loooks right one way and one looks right in a different way. Nice job.
Spoiled but definitely not rotten. Started life as a black 1993, 1200 Now-1218, Home ported 2009 FI heads, Andrews N6 cams, Dyna2Ki, JMC aluminum swingarm, Chainsikle custom mid forward controls, GBC inverted front end, 3 degree wide-glide trees and 5 degree raked cups. 18x3.5 fatspoke rear with 150/60 and 21x3.5 with 120/70.
Know Thy Hog