The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Bison Motorsports  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Intake and Exhaust > Sportster Motorcycle Air intake, Carburetor, EFI, Fuel, and Exhaust
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Air intake, Carburetor, EFI, Fuel, and Exhaust Problems, advice and/or how tos for Sporster and Buell motorcycle carburators, Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI), Air Intake, Fuel and Exhaust.

Members Birthdays
Motor Stage
Sky Smith Insurance
Energy One Clutches
Fix My Hog

Motor Stage

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th April 2008
CANUKSTER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Lenster has a reputation beyond reputeLenster has a reputation beyond reputeLenster has a reputation beyond reputeLenster has a reputation beyond reputeLenster has a reputation beyond reputeLenster has a reputation beyond reputeLenster has a reputation beyond reputeLenster has a reputation beyond reputeLenster has a reputation beyond reputeLenster has a reputation beyond reputeLenster has a reputation beyond repute
Default RB LSR Owners Please Pipe In!!

Hey all,

I just finished installing my RB LSR 2:1 on my '06 XL1200C. Everything went very well with almost no fitment issues except one - I could only get the slip joint put together somewhat. There is a bout 3/4" - 7/8" of the unfinished slip joint from the front pipe exposed and it would not go any further with the strength I had. I did not pre-fit the pipes together. Was this a mistake? Should the slip joint fit togher in it's entirety and hide all of the unfinshed section. There would appear to be a serial number of some other number exposed on the unfinished part of the slip joint.
Lenster's 1250 2006 XL1250C, Hammer Crush Heads, 15 Degree Pistons, 10.5:1 CR, S&S Roller Rockers, Fixed Length Pushrods, Jim's Powerglide II Hydraulic Lifters, RedShift 585 Cams, Energy 1 Clutch w/ 15% Stronger Spring, Hammer Performance Billet Intake Manifold, Mikuni HSR 45, Offset Crush AC, RB Racing LSR 2:1 Exhaust and a Daytona Twin Tec TC88A with a Kickass Map by Rico 05R.

Old 14th April 2008
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200 L
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
niels is on a distinguished roadniels is on a distinguished roadniels is on a distinguished road

Whatever you do don't run the pipe if you are unhappy about the fitment and want to return it. My LSR 2-1 was rubbing on the footpeg, I ran it for a while, LSR replied in an e-mail that they would replace it and now don't seem to want to because they thought I had not run it. After waiting approximately 3 months for the pipe and knowing it would be at least that to get a new one or one re-worked who would'nt be tempted to run it? I sent a picture to LSR regarding the fitment which they saw and replied to saying they would replace the pipe. I'm pretty sure the picture (the pipe is dirty from road use) and the time period (a few months after I received the pipe) let LSR know that I ran it and now they seem to want to go back on their written word.

Great looking and sounding pipe but talk to them for sure. Apparently they've replaced pipes for others with fitment concerns.

Niels

'06 XL 1200 Low