The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Zipper's Performance  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Motor / Engine > Sportster Motorcycle Motor - Top End
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Motor - Top End Discuss Sportster Motorcycle Top End issues. Rockerboxes, Valves, Cylinders, Pistons, Rings, Lift Rods, etc...

Members Birthdays
Superbrace.com
DK Customs
Sky Smith Insurance
Motor Stage

Motor Stage

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th January 2005
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 Roadster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Other Motorcycle Model: SE 103 RoadKing
Other Motorcycle Year: 2003
shooter is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Cam choice question

Now that my question has been answered about use of 00-03 cams in the 04 and later motors, my next question is which one to chose. I am looking for the best quarter mile time. My heads have been ported and are flowing about 160 CFM at .500 lift and 10 inches. The bike will be 10.5 to 1 with S&S mufflers. I am trying to chose between the 04 peformance cams, the SE .536 and any of the Andrews selection. Any advice from the been there and done that crowd.

Thanks
Shooter
Old 30th January 2005
A Million Facts & Figures

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Buell Cyclone
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1999
aswracing has a brilliant futureaswracing has a brilliant futureaswracing has a brilliant futureaswracing has a brilliant futureaswracing has a brilliant futureaswracing has a brilliant futureaswracing has a brilliant futureaswracing has a brilliant futureaswracing has a brilliant futureaswracing has a brilliant futureaswracing has a brilliant future

My advice would be "talk to your head porter". He should have all the flow data on your heads (not just .500 lift) as well as understand things like seat pressure and travel available and be able to make a reccommendation for a grind that'll work good with those heads.
Old 31st January 2005
Master Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 04
seajay is a splendid one to beholdseajay is a splendid one to beholdseajay is a splendid one to beholdseajay is a splendid one to beholdseajay is a splendid one to beholdseajay is a splendid one to beholdseajay is a splendid one to beholdseajay is a splendid one to beholdseajay is a splendid one to beholdseajay is a splendid one to beholdseajay is a splendid one to behold
Smile cam choice

I cannot speak for other cams. But I give a thumbs up for "E" cams.
04/07 76"C NRHS #2 11:1 .590 cams TP rockers TC88A HSR-42 S&Sac LSR 2-1
Old 31st January 2005
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 Roadster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Other Motorcycle Model: SE 103 RoadKing
Other Motorcycle Year: 2003
shooter is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the advice. I actually did differ to the porter. He recommended the N8 cams for my application. We are also going to some heavier springs to avoid any problems there.

Shooter