The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Mother Road Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > GENERAL AREA > Sober Riding
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sober Riding This area is for those that would like to discuss riding and sobriety....or just sobriety

Members Birthdays
Deathbreath (65), SpartanDen, B.C. TROLL (61), JDCIV (48), d_eggman2 (46), outalne94z71 (42), troy1 (41), chupacabra (40), pirate (40), Arslanoff
DK Customs
Energy One Clutches
Motor Stage
Biltwell

Licks Cycles

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th April 2008
Land Speed Record

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
AOW has a spectacular aura aboutAOW has a spectacular aura aboutAOW has a spectacular aura aboutAOW has a spectacular aura aboutAOW has a spectacular aura aboutAOW has a spectacular aura aboutAOW has a spectacular aura aboutAOW has a spectacular aura aboutAOW has a spectacular aura aboutAOW has a spectacular aura aboutAOW has a spectacular aura about
Default One Year!

I had my last drink April 27th, 2007 and I've now been sober for a year. It was a hell of a year for me to go through without alcohol but somehow, here I am and I'm feeling great.
Old 28th April 2008
Land Speed Record

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Softail Standard
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2007
pirate50 is a jewel in the roughpirate50 is a jewel in the roughpirate50 is a jewel in the roughpirate50 is a jewel in the roughpirate50 is a jewel in the roughpirate50 is a jewel in the roughpirate50 is a jewel in the roughpirate50 is a jewel in the roughpirate50 is a jewel in the roughpirate50 is a jewel in the roughpirate50 is a jewel in the rough

WTG. That's an awesome accomplishment!!!

Pirate

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler. Henry David Thoreau
Old 28th April 2008
Flat Track Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883L
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
Moe47 is a jewel in the roughMoe47 is a jewel in the roughMoe47 is a jewel in the roughMoe47 is a jewel in the roughMoe47 is a jewel in the roughMoe47 is a jewel in the roughMoe47 is a jewel in the roughMoe47 is a jewel in the roughMoe47 is a jewel in the roughMoe47 is a jewel in the roughMoe47 is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Freakin Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go Dude!

Last edited by Moe47; 28th April 2008 at 16:01..
Old 28th April 2008
Senior Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XLCH
Sportster/Buell Year: 1970
Other Motorcycle Model: Triumphs
Other Motorcycle Year: 1964
Campsurf is a jewel in the roughCampsurf is a jewel in the roughCampsurf is a jewel in the roughCampsurf is a jewel in the roughCampsurf is a jewel in the roughCampsurf is a jewel in the roughCampsurf is a jewel in the roughCampsurf is a jewel in the roughCampsurf is a jewel in the roughCampsurf is a jewel in the roughCampsurf is a jewel in the rough

Happy Birthday from another friend of Bill W.... my last drink/drugs... Jan 28th 1989... it's been a hell of a ride... and believe me, I had a lot of great times drinking.... but my life was going no where... since then, I bought a house, got married (and divorced, she relapsed).. was a delegate for my union for 8 years, wrote a book and a lot more good stuff ... and have been present and accounted for... plus I don't look over my shoulder or the rear view mirror anymore... it's a good life.

Good Going... Jim J.
Old 28th April 2008
XL FORUM LIFE MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Year: 2001
sportyblue has a reputation beyond reputesportyblue has a reputation beyond reputesportyblue has a reputation beyond reputesportyblue has a reputation beyond reputesportyblue has a reputation beyond reputesportyblue has a reputation beyond reputesportyblue has a reputation beyond reputesportyblue has a reputation beyond reputesportyblue has a reputation beyond reputesportyblue has a reputation beyond reputesportyblue has a reputation beyond repute

"...........here I am and I'm feeling great". CONGRATULATIONS
Know Thy Hog

Old 29th April 2008
Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Year: 61
Other Motorcycle Model: Superglide
Other Motorcycle Year: 74
MDT is a name known to allMDT is a name known to allMDT is a name known to allMDT is a name known to allMDT is a name known to allMDT is a name known to allMDT is a name known to allMDT is a name known to allMDT is a name known to allMDT is a name known to allMDT is a name known to all

I remember sometime in 1997 thinking, " If I could go a year..."
Congradulations, now dwell on the positive changes you have noticed, and keep going. There are many of us here that are still "free"; stay with us.
Old 4th June 2008
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
vermonner is on a distinguished roadvermonner is on a distinguished roadvermonner is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOW View Post
I had my last drink April 27th, 2007 and I've now been sober for a year. It was a hell of a year for me to go through without alcohol but somehow, here I am and I'm feeling great.
Congratulations!!!!!
...now the work begins
Old 4th June 2008
Senior Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200S
Sportster/Buell Year: 1997
jrossty is just really nicejrossty is just really nicejrossty is just really nicejrossty is just really nicejrossty is just really nicejrossty is just really nicejrossty is just really nicejrossty is just really nicejrossty is just really nicejrossty is just really nicejrossty is just really nice

congrats.. I got a buddy who's 24 days clean and sober...

again congrats on a great accomplishment!

"Whatever doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"
Old 13th June 2008
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 C Chopper
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 1200 R
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 08
Other Motorcycle Model: XLH 1000
Other Motorcycle Year: 79
Likemlouder has a reputation beyond reputeLikemlouder has a reputation beyond reputeLikemlouder has a reputation beyond reputeLikemlouder has a reputation beyond reputeLikemlouder has a reputation beyond reputeLikemlouder has a reputation beyond reputeLikemlouder has a reputation beyond reputeLikemlouder has a reputation beyond reputeLikemlouder has a reputation beyond reputeLikemlouder has a reputation beyond reputeLikemlouder has a reputation beyond repute

sober since 1982. life sure is great. you miss so many things in life.when you are drinking. but i sure don"t miss drinking.got saved got inn church. pastor since 87. i was always worried about the thing i would have to give up.to stay clean and sober. i found out i didn"t have to. it just changed my want to. keep hanging in there.LIFE IS WORTH REMEMBERING.RIDE SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/33uvl1i.jpg[/IMG]
Old 1st May 2009
Land Speed Record

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200R
AOW has a spectacular aura aboutAOW has a spectacular aura aboutAOW has a spectacular aura aboutAOW has a spectacular aura aboutAOW has a spectacular aura aboutAOW has a spectacular aura aboutAOW has a spectacular aura aboutAOW has a spectacular aura aboutAOW has a spectacular aura aboutAOW has a spectacular aura aboutAOW has a spectacular aura about

Looky there - another year just went by and now I've got two under my belt!

Still feeling good!